United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2017, 01:47 AM
jem

cried in 76 and 79. not since. about anything.

Unread 19-02-2017, 02:01 AM
TheKitchenSink

Doesn't really bother me tbh.

Unread 19-02-2017, 02:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadanne
Anyone else ever thought that the pain of losing especially to c***s like Shitty or Hilbropool is worth the pain.
Or do the good times compensate.

Sometimes I wish I had never got interested in football,there must be others who cant take the pain.
I think when you're die hard the anguish of losing the big matches or against your rivals is greater than the joy of winning for it is almost relief like. I think you get a different kind of joy to beating Barcelona say to Liverpool even though losing to Liverpool will always feel worse. It's a funny one.

Unread 19-02-2017, 04:49 AM
Clarkie

Thankfully I've never been old enough to experience how it felt when Liverpool won the league....

However, law of averages suggest that it will happen at some stage...I have no idea how idea how I'll react or feel when it does....

If it's anything like the way I reacted when they beat us 4-1, I fear the worst.

In terms of how I feel when we're beaten, it depends on how we play, refereeing decisions etc....Obviously there is disappointment and anger but, how much of it depends

Last game of the 11/12 was weird....No anger or anything like that. Just pure silence and emptiness

Unread 19-02-2017, 06:04 AM
Stickman

when Aguero scored I felt like I'd had my guts ripped out. Fully expected city to win that one 4 or 5 nil.

With regard to Liverpool winning the league, that doesn't necessarily ever have to happen. I'd say Klopp has a few years to do it and I don't see him doing it tbh. After him who knows where they'll go.

Good point above re context, if the ref has a horror you feel a bit more £#%&! you as opposed to down at the result.

Unread 19-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Parlabane

A win against one of the big clubs always puts me in a good mood for days especially if we have played well in the game.
When we lose I'm in a bad mood for an hour or so, it used to be far longer but as you get older real life kicks you in the balls often enough to remind you what your real problems are so now I get over it pretty quickly.

Unread 19-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Mr_Ed

Everyone loses... the 2-0 league cup defeat in 2003 was hard to stomach.

However the complete shock / numbness of the 1-4 in 09 or the 1-6 in 12 will never leave me.

Unread 19-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Pop

Find myself giving less and less of a shite as I get older. Younger I used to smash things, storm out of the house, get into vicious rows people, etc, now I'm just £#%&! off you useless @#%&!s and go do something else whilst avoiding the game for the rest of the weekend.

Still get shouty and seethy when Utd lose to the scouse @#%&!s or are dumped out of the CL mind.

Barca 2011, scouse 1-4 at OT, Gerrard kissing the camera, City 1-6, and £#%&!ing Aguero are the most recent meltdowns.

Unread 19-02-2017, 12:54 PM
silv

The Hull result really bothered me.

Hate losing to City and Liverpool too.

Seems like we haven't been involved in crucial must win games for a while so that helps I guess. Don't think I'd ever get over what happened to Liverpool against palace and chelsea

Unread 19-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I get over losses very quickly, but when Liverpool have any success it upsets me
EXACTLY this.

And... oh, go on then.... I'll admit it... I married one (She is born and partly-bred Italian though, not a scouser, so is borderline acceptable in my view).

I told a BT sales bloke this a few months back and he said "I bet there is some rivalry in your ouse int deh mate?"

I said, " not really, it's just been me pissing myself for the last eighteen years."

He hung up

Unread 19-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
EXACTLY this.

And... oh, go on then.... I'll admit it... I married one (She is born and partly-bred Italian though, not a scouser, so is borderline acceptable in my view).

I told a BT sales bloke this a few months back and he said "I bet there is some rivalry in your ouse int deh mate?"

I said, " not really, it's just been me pissing myself for the last eighteen years."

He hung up

Unread 19-02-2017, 01:20 PM
kungfu cantona

Used to make me angry, but now it just annoys me.

Unread 19-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Zorg

Quote:
EXACTLY this.

He hung up

Unread 19-02-2017, 02:28 PM
75Red

Quote:
EXACTLY this.

He hung up

Unread 19-02-2017, 02:35 PM
believe

Done lots of welling up etc over the years but I get more upset thinking about having to watch us now.

Unread 19-02-2017, 03:10 PM
HarkNowHear

Bobby Stokes (offside) made me a tad teary.

Unread 19-02-2017, 04:30 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I find it disappointing and annoying. Pain? Not really, no.

When you compare to actual real life shit that matters it really does fade into insignificance.
Deffo issues you sparky

Unread 19-02-2017, 04:33 PM
otbarney

I was at Cardiff when we "lost" to the Arse and I was £#%&!in gutted, but I felt even worse the following Wednesday.

Unread 19-02-2017, 04:35 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Cared hugely from being a kid up to about age 25.

Now I can just about rouse myself to watch the really big matches but otherwise couldn't really care. I only come here out of habit and because it's too much like hard work to find other pixilated pals.

It could be called '*****y Tissue' and i'd still be logging on.
Tatty has nailed it.

Unread 19-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I was at Cardiff when we "lost" to the Arse and I was £#%&!in gutted, but I felt even worse the following Wednesday.
Still angers me that.

The FA cup final was ...The CL too actually. Actually like Milan.
Closed Thread