United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:04 PM
TheFatGoth

Thumbs up Europe is finally an open playing field again

The dope assisted Spanish dominance is over.

It's essential we get back in amongst Europe's elite this season. Failure to do so and heads need to roll...and I include Jose's in that.

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:04 PM
waynes ear's

Tell that to Hitler

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Pep really does hold the doctors keys......

United top 4
Champions league
Cups
Blackburn away

Smells very United....

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:07 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

It's essential we get back in amongst Europe's elite this season. Failure to do so and heads need to roll...and I include Jose's in that.
Just £#%&! off, ok.

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Just £#%&! off, ok.

Jesus

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:10 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Jesus

directed at fat goth

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Tiberian

Pain in the arse that perhaps the best Utd squad ever coincided with peak Barca. 5 years earlier/later and we are looking at multiple CL wins.

Unread 14-02-2017, 10:51 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Pain in the arse that perhaps the best Utd squad ever coincided with peak Barca. 5 years earlier/later and we are looking at multiple CL wins.
It annoyed the life out of me that we spent years being head and shoulders above Madrid but the stuffy @#%&!s kept avoiding us.

Would've absolutely loved us to have torn them to shreds.

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It annoyed the life out of me that we spent years being head and shoulders above Madrid but the stuffy c***s kept avoiding us.

More annoyed that very average Liverpool and Chelsea teams were able to spawn their way to CL wins while much better Utd sides were being knocked out in the quarters. It has been a bitch of a competition for Utd over the years.

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
More annoyed that very average Liverpool and Chelsea teams were able to spawn their way to CL wins while much better Utd sides were being knocked out in the quarters. It has been a bitch of a competition for Utd over the years.
I said that a few years back. The precedent was set when arguably our best ever team was cruelly wiped out before even reaching their prime whilst playing in it

3 good years out of about 30. The vast majority of those 30 other years in the competition have been frustrating and ended in crushing disappointment.

Unread 14-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I said that a few years back. The precedent was set when arguably our best ever team was cruelly wiped out before even reaching their prime whilst playing in it

3 good years out of about 30. The vast majority of those 30 other years in the competition have been frustrating and ended in crushing disappointment.
Highest of Highs and Lowest of lows. Could you make an argument that the importance placed on the tournament, Fergies' obsession, inhibited the players? Always felt that being knocked out led to a depression around the club, meant that Utd had to be exceptional to win, not just benefit from a cup run.

Dortmund, Monaco, Leverkusen, Madrid the first time around, Porto, some painful ones in there.

Unread 15-02-2017, 03:11 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Europe is finally an open playing field again
Didn't you hear?

"UEFA have reformed their coefficient system, extending four guaranteed places to the top four ranked national associations, effective from the 2018/19 season"

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...premier-league

Unread 15-02-2017, 06:12 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:

Unread 15-02-2017, 07:50 AM
doudou

The Spanish league is actually scaling back drug tests for footballers.

Unread 15-02-2017, 08:01 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
The Spanish league is actually scaling back drug tests for footballers.

Unread 15-02-2017, 08:14 AM
elephantstone

Quote:

Unread 15-02-2017, 08:55 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It annoyed the life out of me that we spent years being head and shoulders above Madrid but the stuffy @#%&!s kept avoiding us.

The 0-0 in the Bernabeu in 2000 feels like one of those great missed opportunities. Not quite Monaco or Leverkusen but close.

£#%&! me we have to get back into this. It's all over if we don't. Come on United FFS.

Unread 15-02-2017, 08:55 AM
puressence

Can't take away from being In a ground seeing your childhood team win that trophy. Glad for the match day reds they all saw it ⚽⚽⚽⚽.

Unread 15-02-2017, 09:51 AM
red red robbo

I am clearly a pessimist. Rather than seeing opportunities for a future United side, I see a team likely going out that would normally beat any other English side that came up against it, thus making another Chelsea win, or god forbid a first Arsenal one, more likely

Unread 15-02-2017, 10:19 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I am clearly a pessimist. Rather than seeing opportunities for a future United side, I see a team likely going out that would normally beat any other English side that came up against it, thus making another Chelsea win, or god forbid a first Arsenal one, more likely
Could be worse... but don't even go there
Closed Thread