United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Tried to get him on the cheap a few years back but that's all.

He's been a class act for United.
Very much heard they could have had him in the summer, Mou accepted it, but they didn’t bother in the end. If true I reckon Dave has given up on the dream as much as anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would honestly love to see us sell him just to see TBR fall apart.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very much heard they could have had him in the summer, Mou accepted it, but they didn’t bother in the end. If true I reckon Dave has given up on the dream as much as anything else.
It's clear he's open to the move but he doesn't play the games, so they'll have to pay £100m+ and clearly they want a cheap keeper. They're all talk these days.

A new deal just adds another 0 on the end of the transfer fee.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:54 PM
AK14

Haven't Madrid agreed to sign the Young Bilbao keeper with the long name?

Supposed to be a very good player, so not sure they'll be looking at De Gea for much longer anyway.

Unread 15-01-2018, 01:58 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Haven't Madrid agreed to sign the Young Bilbao keeper with the long name?

Supposed to be a very good player, so not sure they'll be looking at De Gea for much longer anyway.
More or less yeah, reason? Cheap. Just waiting for the right time to bin Navas (who has been excellent for them)

Make no question about it, IF DDG wanted to he could lower the fee for Madrid. It's what they do in Spain and he's never played the games they wanted (and expect) you to play

Unread 15-01-2018, 02:01 PM
20 times

Quote:
More or less yeah, reason? Cheap. Just waiting for the right time to bin Navas (who has been excellent for them)

Make no question about it, IF DDG wanted to he could lower the fee for Madrid. It's what they do in Spain and he's never played the games they wanted (and expect) you to play
Thanks for confirming Sam

Unread 15-01-2018, 02:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
More or less yeah, reason? Cheap
Well yeah, that's obvious. But he's also a promising keeper, so the point is they won't need to look at De Gea for much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Thanks for confirming Sam

Unread 15-01-2018, 02:05 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Well yeah, that's obvious. But he's also a promising keeper, so the point is they won't need to look at De Gea for much longer.

Not seen the rave reviews that DDG/Courtois was getting at that age. Smacks of a club who didn't get what they wanted and out to prove they can develop someone to the level of Dave.

We all know who they really want.

Unread 15-01-2018, 02:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Not seen the rave reviews that DDG/Courtois was getting at that age. Smacks of a club who didn't get what they wanted and out to prove they can develop someone to the level of Dave.

We all know who they really want.
What the £#%&! are you on about

Of course they wanted Dave, but wanted him to play the @#%&! to lower the fee. No one is disputing that

Not sure what the Bilbao keeper being a promising keeper has to do with Dave and Courtois all those years ago tbh

He's supposed to be a very good keeper, if he turns out like expected then they'll have him for the best part of 10 years and will stop sniffing around Dave.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Neo

Still not signed a new deal, despite rumours claiming it was all done as early as last December.

Will be amazed if he's not scarf-shotting at the Bernabeu after the World Cup.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:49 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Still not signed a new deal, despite rumours claiming it was all done as early as last December.

Will be amazed if he's not scarf-shotting at the Bernabeu after the World Cup.
I wouldn’t blame him in the slightest.

He’s the best in the world with probably no more than about 10 years left of his career.

How much longer will he give us to get our shit together?

Unread 18-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Romero

Near post and six yard box will be safe

Unread 27-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Pop

Speaking to the Spanish press TONIGHT!

In England I have a great affection and respect that I do not notice so much here

Unread 28-03-2018, 12:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I wouldn’t blame him in the slightest.

He’s the best in the world with probably no more than about 10 years left of his career.

How much longer will he give us to get our shit together?
Completely agree. Wouldn't hold any ill feeling to him whatsoever if he joined Madrid. He'll never be considered the absolute best until he starts winning mulitple leagues and properly competing for the CL.

Unread 28-03-2018, 12:42 AM
tatty

We've had more loyalty than we probably could have expected given where we have been for the last 5 years or so.

If he went i'd be wishing him well...he'll be relieved to hear.

Unread 28-03-2018, 01:07 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
We've had more loyalty than we probably could have expected given where we have been for the last 5 years or so.

If he went i'd be wishing him well...he'll be relieved to hear.
He was a botched fax away from £#%&!ing us off.

Unread 28-03-2018, 06:22 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Completely agree. Wouldn't hold any ill feeling to him whatsoever if he joined Madrid. He'll never be considered the absolute best until he starts winning mulitple leagues and properly competing for the CL.
This

If he stays then fantastic but if he goes back to Spain then good luck to him

Unread 28-03-2018, 06:57 AM
Kangared

Still not good enough dealing with crosses. Best shot stopper around . Might be better suited in Spain where the teams are less 'Stoke" . If he wants to go & the offer was big enough I'd sell him & bring in Heaton from Burnley & we'd still have enough to buy a decent LB.

Unread 28-03-2018, 07:24 AM
waynes ear's

Heaton

Unread 28-03-2018, 07:59 AM
irk

Never mind the best keeper in the world, if I was playing for this united set up I’d be looking to get out.

Unread 28-03-2018, 08:00 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Still not good enough dealing with crosses. Best shot stopper around . Might be better suited in Spain where the teams are less 'Stoke" . If he wants to go & the offer was big enough I'd sell him & bring in Heaton from Burnley & we'd still have enough to buy a decent LB.
Are you drunk?
Closed Thread