Hes had the best season of his career..
No he hasn’t.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Hes had the best season of his career.

People in meltdown mode these days.
He made the quarter finals of the Champions League once.

#heritage

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:17 PM
MagnificentSeven

i feel that getting zlatan then lukaku has stunted his development, at least as a number 9. by now he could have become a world class striker.

our best performance of the season was at everton, when lukaku was injured and he was up top, and he was brilliant.

martial up top, rashford on the left. i was hoping this would be part of our starting xi for years to come.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i feel that getting zlatan then lukaku has stunted his development, at least as a number 9. by now he could have become a world class striker.

our best performance of the season was at everton, when lukaku was injured and he was up top, and he was brilliant.

martial up top, rashford on the left. i was hoping this would be part of our starting xi for years to come.
The only thing that's stunted Martial's development is between his own ears. Turns it on once a month and then has 3 shit games.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:48 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The only thing that's stunted Martial's development is between his own ears. Turns it on once a month and then has 3 shit games.
He’s not started 4 games on the bounce this season, I am not 100% he did last year.

Unread 17-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
He’s not started 4 games on the bounce this season, I am not 100% he did last year.
THeres a reason for that

Unread 17-03-2018, 06:07 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
THeres a reason for that
Has Sanchez lakaku and many others being or have been allowed time to build up some momentum and form. Some aren’t afforded that luxury. Younger players need that trust more imo

I am not saying he’s been chomping at the bit and pumped up ready for his chance, his attitude can be off that’s his personality and he can look disinterested it’s a French thing I think. The way he’s been treated has contributed massively as well.

Unread 17-03-2018, 07:59 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
he's usually played out of position though. his best role is as a number 9 but he keeps getting shunted out wide to accommodate lukaku.

Unread 17-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
he's usually played out of position though. his best role is as a number 9 but he keeps getting shunted out wide to accommodate lukaku.
Oh £#%&! him. £#%&!ing sick of people making excuses.

"oh he'd score 40 zillion goals and be balon d'or winner if he was played 10 yards in field a bit."

He'll never be a 'world class striker' because he as the motivation and desire of a £#%&!ing dead haddock.

Unread 17-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Ethers

Quote:
THeres a reason for that
And what’s that? That he’s not played well enough? Because some players have strung together far more poor performances without getting dropped.

Unread 17-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
And what’s that? That he’s not played well enough? Because some players have strung together far more poor performances without getting dropped.
see above.

Unread 17-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:
see above.
He’s 22. Got a better record at his age than quite a few world class strikers had.

Far too early to write him off imo.

Unread 17-03-2018, 08:12 PM
RemisMoses

I guess we have to just trust the manager to know how to nurture and get the best out of him like he did with salah and de Bruyne.

Unread 17-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
I guess we have to just trust the manager to know how to nurture and get the best out of him like he did with salah and de Bruyne.
2-1.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Clarkie

Brighton, at home...

Fine first half, average 2nd half....

From what I've read on here, the club is toxic and he would be the next Lionel Messi if only the number 9 wasn't taken off him...

What's the excuse today?

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Brighton, at home...

Fine first half, average 2nd half....

From what I've read on here, the club is toxic and he would be the next Lionel Messi if only the number 9 wasn't taken off him...

What's the excuse today?
Players like him tick when the rest of the team is performing otherwise they remain on the periphery.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Players like him tick when the rest of the team is performing otherwise they remain on the periphery.
Cool but, not what I've read on here previously.

*Not you btw

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:15 PM
Sparky***

I rest my £#%&!ing case

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Tiberian

Without the hunger it is not going to happen for him.
Closed Thread