United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:36 AM
saffers

Default Question to the einsteins who wanted us to keep LvG but want Mourinho gone

I did see a lot of merit in the arguments. Let the man finish what he's trying to build etc. It will set us back another 2/3 years if we bin him now in the middle of this project etc.

Can you explain why they don't hold up now? Especially considering the trophies won and United sitting in 2nd place. Not having a go, genuinely curious. Don't wanna rush to labelling you hypocrites with an agenda.

My take? The recent "get mou out" feeling has a weird kind of feeling. Reminds me of the people who wrote off Ferie in 2005. #leguengang

NB. Even if you also wanted LvG out. Please outline why Mou needs to go. I've mainly just seen a lot of emotional "hes gotta go" shit and not much reason.

Thanks in advance.

NBB. The funny thing is, there is absolutely zero doubt round him being our manager next season. And there shouldn't be either.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Sandman

Because I've got no desire at all to see the results of a Mourinho rebuild, it's percentage football with sugar on top. Anyone willing to pay to see that muck, is a right £#%&!ing mug.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Cream

Exclamation

Jose is dishing out some tough love and the butthurt crew (TBC) don't seem to appreciate it.

He still wants £#%&!ing booting for that team selection the other night. Hopefully he can put it all behind him with a win tonight.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:45 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Jose is dishing out some tough love and the butthurt crew (TBC) don't seem to appreciate it.

He still wants £#%&!ing booting for that team selection the other night. Hopefully he can put it all behind him with a win tonight.
Shambolic team selection and completely disagreed with the teams approach. But that doesnt make me want to sack him.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:51 AM
75Red

He's got no respect for the club. Or the fans. He doesn't want to be here. That's why I've turned against him.

He's also playing the victim - everything is down to everyone else. The players, City having more money, our lack of 'heritage' since 2011. waah f***ing waah. He needs to take responsibility, admit that he's made some mistakes. And then he needs to lead.

And finally, he does appear to have lost it.

I can tolerate bad results. I can even just about tolerate poor team selections and watching shit football. I can't tolerate his lack of respect for the club.

And believe me mate, there's nothing would make me happier than being wrong about him and seeing you thrilled to be chucking posts back in people's faces this time next year (your 'bumpmania' reference elsewhere).

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Shambolic team selection and completely disagreed with the teams approach. But that doesnt make me want to sack him.
I think in the haters' hearts, they actually thought we had a chance of winning it.

At least that's what a psychotherapist would say.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:52 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
He's got no respect for the club. Or the fans. He doesn't want to be here. That's why I've turned against him.

He's also playing the victim - everything is down to everyone else. The players, City having more money, our lack of 'heritage' since 2011 waah £#%&!ing waah. He needs to take responsibility, admit that he's made some mistakes. And then he needs to lead.

And finally, he does appear to have lost it.

I can tolerate bad results. I can even just about tolerate poor team selections and watching shit football. I can't tolerate his lack of respect for the club.

And believe me mate, there's nothing would make me happier than being wrong about him and seeing you thrilled to be chucking posts back in people's faces this time next year (your 'bumpmania' reference elsewhere).
I don't doubt that, you never struck me as one of the agenda boys. Just a regular United fan.

Most of the arguments in favour of sacking Mou do seem moral, ethical , emotional.

Very hard to make a logical case to sack this guy imo.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:54 AM
irk

Question to the Einstein’s who wanted LVG gone but are happy for mourinho to stay etc

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:57 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Question to the Einstein’s who wanted LVG gone but are happy for mourinho to stay etc
Make that thread bro, i'd be happy to respond.

Unread 17-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Shade

I actually think it's mostly the shitc*** players that are the problem, it's not all down to Mourinho.

The likes of Smalling, Jones, Young, Bogbrush, Valencia, Young, Darmian, Blind, Herrera, etc. are not Manchester United players.

Mourinho however does get the blame for not getting rid of those shitc***s and replacing them in his second summer transfer window. He's basically shot himself in the foot in that regard.

And also I thought LvG was a useless Dutch tosser.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Tiberian

I wanted them both gone. LVG's time was over, his transfer dealing were a shambles, ins and outs and the football was utterly tedious and sterile.

Mourinho has been more successful but I can never see myself accepting his approach to the game and football he plays. Blaming the players is easy but he falls back on this excessive negativity in every job he has been in. Winning is not everything, not for everyone.

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:43 AM
dunk

Put simply; what Mourinho is building isn’t worth waiting for and would have to be ripped up and started again by whoever comes next. With LvG that shouldn’t have been the case, as long as we didn’t employ £#%&!ing Mourinho to follow him

Incidentally, his reign so far has gone almost exactly as those who didn’t want him in the first place predicted. All that remains is full implosion, sacking and us being right up shit street. Allowing him to buy yet more players approaching the end of their peak in the summer, further weighing down the club with huge wages and long contracts for players not good enough as he desperately tries to add another trophy to his record, to throw in journalists and opposition managers faces during press conferences, is not good for us medium or long term.

6-12 months before full implosion...

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:53 AM
jaffo

#leguengang

Unread 17-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Stickman

Saffers, NWAFers, golden staphers....few things are more annoying than seeing people ignore the obvious when sticking to their guns over an opinion on bloody line.

What did you make of his PSG comments in October? Befitting of a man managing this club?

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Wellinever

Default Pressure of 'the Job' in English Football

Of all managers you would have thought Jose could 'hold the ring' on pressure, but his latest rant shows he like many others before him, he is finding the pressure of managing United more than he bargained for!
After two 'colossus' managers in Busby and Ferguson in the last half century, being 'second best 'is being nowhere at United! If he didn't know it before Jose knows it now, we don't do second best. Not only that, but those fans brought up on the later part of SAF's reign, want it immediately, if not before!
Fergie had his doubters, even Sir Matt got stick at times, playing Bobby Charlton for a whole season when he was shite most of the time, except for England! They all come in for criticism, its Jose's bad luck his reign coincides with the rise of social media and the ready 'transfer of ignorance' it allows.
Has the rant finished now, or have the cracks been uncovered?

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:09 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Both their times are up, the reason I want Mourinho gone is simply for the money spent, the football produced regardless of whether it be pragmatic joyless shite or balls to the wall gung ho attacking lacks any semblance of shape or direction.

Pep, Pochettino and even Klopp have a style of play I can see and looks rehearsed and drilled, it looks like they've been told, if the opponent does this then we do this for any situation, whereas we look like a lot of individuals trying to solve the problem by themselves and then being surprised and annoyed that other individuals didn't have exactly the same thought.

You can create a semblance of order through chemistry and learning each others game over time, but constantly changing lineups and then buying players like Sanchez, means it's always going to look like a stuttering £#%&! up unless like Pep, Pochettino and Klopp you have a set style of play that is the same regardless of personnel.

The danger if Mourinho stays is that young talented players like Martial £#%&! off and we're left with the ever diminishing returns of the fag end of Sanchez's career for £400000 a week, El Rooney.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:10 PM
boreez

The 'he just doesn't understand the club' type posts are some of the most RAWK-esque posts I've seen on here.

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:30 PM
puressence

Miss Louis

Unread 17-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Miss Louis
*Mrs
Closed Thread