United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default United ion the box seat to sign Thiago Neves

according to Italians. I don't know who he is.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:34 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't know who he is.
Goal scoring midfielder. He was £#%&!ing brilliant in the Copa Libertadores final a few weeks back, scoring a hatrick. Unfortunately for him Fluminense still managed to loose on penalties!

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
according to Italians. I don't know who he is.
What Italians?

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Goal scoring midfielder. He was £#%&!ing brilliant in the Copa Libertadores final a few weeks back, scoring a hatrick. Unfortunately for him Fluminense still managed to loose on penalties!
£8 million.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What Italians?
Dunno, just some Italians.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:38 PM
dunk

Can we have him and Huntelaar?

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can we have him and Huntelaar?
Yeah, I want us to sign him even though I don't know who he is, watcher's descxription aside. We've gotta hunt The Hunter though.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
£8 million.
Really? I've only seen him play a couple of games in this seasons Copa, but I'd definately be tempted at that price.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Really? I've only seen him play a couple of games in this seasons Copa, but I'd definately be tempted at that price.
So the Italians say.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

No Huntelaar:

Quote:
United have not voiced an interest in Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, according to the Ajax striker's agent.

The prolific 24-year-old claimed last weekend that he knew United were interested in him, and would relish a move to Old Trafford.

However, agent Arnold Oosterveer has conceded that the Reds' supposed interest has yet to yield a concrete bid, or even contact with the striker's club.

"For him, United is a club that is interesting, but unless a suitable club come in for him, he will be at Ajax next season," Oosterveer is claimed as saying in the Daily Mirror.

"There has been no contact between Ajax and United, or United and myself.

"We won't speak to Ajax any more about a new contract because they wanted to put a new clause in it, but he has two years to go."
Time to drop it methinks.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
No Huntelaar:

Time to drop it methinks.
Hmmmm, seem to remember Nani was going to Spurs and Anderson nowhere on the radar, right up to their signings young Fuzzster.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Hmmmm, seem to remember Nani was going to Spurs and Anderson nowhere on the radar, right up to their signings young Fuzzster.
Don't remember either of them coming out and denying United had any contact with their clubs though.

If you look at it from a realistic angle, his agent has said United have expressed absolutely no interest in signing him. I'd take that as United are not interested in signing him.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Don't remember either of them coming out and denying United had any contact with their clubs though.

If you look at it from a realistic angle, his agent has said United have expressed absolutely no interest in signing him. I'd take that as United are not interested in signing him.
I wouldn't we are far too canny these days to be tipping our hand to anyone. whether we are interested or not in a player I don't expect to know anything 'til it's pretty much a done deal these days.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
I wouldn't we are far too canny these days to be tipping our hand to anyone. whether we are interested or not in a player I don't expect to know anything 'til it's pretty much a done deal these days.
The glass is always half full with you isn't it

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
and it's always smashed into tiny pieces and cutting your feet with you. did you get an ounce of pleasure from our double last year before you began wallowing in gloom again I wonder? I sincerely hope so good sir.

Unread 09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Can I be your friend Fuzzy?

Unread 09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
and it's always smashed into tiny pieces and cutting your feet with you. did you get an ounce of pleasure from our double last year before you began wallowing in gloom again I wonder? I sincerely hope so good sir.
I very much enjoyed the success of last season, probably almost as much as a real red. And I resent your theory that I wouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Can I be your friend Fuzzy?
Always.

Unread 09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Not me.

This isn't my Thiago.

Wouldn't mind this happening though,especially for the prices bandied about.
We'd never get a work permit for him of course so it's a non-starter.

Unread 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I very much enjoyed the success of last season, probably almost as much as a real red. And I resent your theory that I wouldn't.
Don't slip once more into gloom inspired resentment, come out into the sun and play my friend.

Unread 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Thiago

Linked with him back in April

United set their sights on Fluminese goal machine Neves

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ine-Neves.html
Closed Thread