United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-02-2024, 11:48 AM
pedr0

I think we have to be realistic. FPP plus low resale value of our current clowncar mean we aren't going to be spending an absolute fortune. we pretty much need to strengthen in every position, we can't do it all in one window, so it should be a case of seeing who's available at a reasonable price, and avoiding getting ripped off. I really hope he doesn't think we need a "statement signing".

players i'd like us to target (don't watch much football outside of PL)

Denzel Dumfries - we desperately need more dynamism and attacking quality from full back.
todibo - or any decent young centre back, to take lindelofs place in the squad and challenge varane for starts.
amrabat - not all will agree but I think he's shown enough that he could be a decent squad player and back up. the emergence of mainoo has reduced the need to spend big on a CM
Michael olise - just a class player and would be a good option for right wing.
taiwo awoniyi - forest striker, should be at a higher level. right sort of profile to compete/rotate with hojlund

Unread 16-02-2024, 12:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Right back, maybe left back.
New centre back.
Another central midfielder
A right winger/forward (or get Greenwood back)
Left winger/forward
New striker.

Maybe a new goalie as well.

Unread 16-02-2024, 12:57 PM
marlo

I’m fully behind Jim his mandem now!

They know they can’t waste their resources on the clown and played Anthony for 18 months consistently !

Unread 16-02-2024, 01:02 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
https://x.com/footyinsider247/status...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

They know they can’t waste their resources on the clown and played Anthony for 18 months consistently !
THE Pete O'Rourke?

The fact you're that desperate means I am going to gloat over every single scarf shot this summer. He's going nowhere.

Unread 16-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Finport Red

ETH out, Pep in is what I’m hearing.

Getting Jason Wilcox first is the key. If this happens, it’s ON!

Inflated fee, and a hint of chicanery with Pep having to play for our academy side for a couple of months first though.

Unread 16-02-2024, 01:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
Right back, maybe left back.
New centre back.
Another central midfielder
A right winger/forward (or get Greenwood back)
Left winger/forward
New striker.

Maybe a new goalie as well.

Unread 16-02-2024, 01:42 PM
wiganste

I'm shocked marlo has posted something calling for a new manager

I thought he loved ETH?

Unread 16-02-2024, 03:51 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
ETH out, Pep in is what I’m hearing.

Getting Jason Wilcox first is the key. If this happens, it’s ON!

Inflated fee, and a hint of chicanery with Pep having to play for our academy side for a couple of months first though.
Pep @#%&! has never taken on a challenge in his life. Hasn’t got the %@#$&!s to turn United around. He’ll end up at Juve and send the Serie A into a coma next

Unread 16-02-2024, 07:08 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
https://x.com/footyinsider247/status...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

Unread 16-02-2024, 08:21 PM
Neo

Football

Right back is a priority, despite the fact Dalot has looked less dogshit than usual in recent weeks.

A top-class, good-age, central midfielder to play consistently alongside Mainoo next on the list.

And get Greenwood back.

Unread 16-02-2024, 08:43 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Who do you want to see in a United shirt next season? For starters, we should be all over this guy:

https://twitter.com/centregoals/stat...Ol47AA0xg&s=19
Thought those Catalan £#%&!ers were on the bones of their arse.

Or are they planning to carve up and sell even more parts of their soul so they can have a few shiny new players?

Unread 17-02-2024, 02:22 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Right back is a priority, despite the fact Dalot has looked less dogshit than usual in recent weeks.

A top-class, good-age, central midfielder to play consistently alongside Mainoo next on the list.

And get Greenwood back.
Kimmich or age an issue?

Unread 17-02-2024, 09:24 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Right back is a priority,
And left back

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:11 PM
suedeshoes

I've been giving this some thought and talk on another thread about new defenders has got me thinking about new players in general . As I doubt Dias, Stones, Walker or Foden would be available, I think we should sign these players. Ideally all of them.

Cole Palmer
Ross Barkley
Jarrad Branthwaite
Sven Bottman
Michael Olise
Exequiel Palacios

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:17 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
I think we have to be realistic. FPP plus low resale value of our current clowncar mean we aren't going to be spending an absolute fortune. we pretty much need to strengthen in every position, we can't do it all in one window, so it should be a case of seeing who's available at a reasonable price, and avoiding getting ripped off. I really hope he doesn't think we need a "statement signing".

players i'd like us to target (don't watch much football outside of PL)

Denzel Dumfries - we desperately need more dynamism and attacking quality from full back.
todibo - or any decent young centre back, to take lindelofs place in the squad and challenge varane for starts.
amrabat - not all will agree but I think he's shown enough that he could be a decent squad player and back up. the emergence of mainoo has reduced the need to spend big on a CM
Michael olise - just a class player and would be a good option for right wing.
taiwo awoniyi - forest striker, should be at a higher level. right sort of profile to compete/rotate with hojlund
stand by these except amrabat can get in the bin

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:21 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
I've been giving this some thought and talk on another thread about new defenders has got me thinking about new players in general . As I doubt Dias, Stones, Walker or Foden would be available, I think we should sign these players. Ideally all of them.

Cole Palmer
Ross Barkley
Jarrad Branthwaite
Sven Bottman
Michael Olise
Exequiel Palacios
We don’t need Ross Barkley, we’re already well stocked in the thick @#%&! department.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:27 PM
BarryX

Rodrygo

Would also be trying to tempt Vinicius in, as well, who may well have had enough of the abuse he gets in Spain. But Rodders is my favourite non-Utd player and want the little Pele in United Red next season.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post

Cole Palmer
Ross Barkley
Jarrad Branthwaite
Sven Bottman
Michael Olise
Exequiel Palacios
All premier league players which would cost about half a billion quid.

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:34 PM
browser

Buy

2 centre halves from Branthwaite/Todibo/Bremer
Paulinha or Douglas Luis and Onana from Everton
Jarrod Bowen
Artem Dovbyk
Tariq Lamptey

Sell
Rashford
Greenwood
The Scottish Player
AWB
one of Anthony or Amad
Lindelof
Varane
Casemiro
Eriksen

Recall
Hannibal

Promote
Dan Gore
Harry Amass

Have around the squad

Shea Lacey
Jack Fletcher
Ethan Wheatley
James Scanlon

Unread 08-04-2024, 02:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
All premier league players which would cost about half a billion quid.
Tbf Braithweight would surely have relegation clause and Chelsea may need the money which might open the door for Palmer.

Barkley is out of contract I think and if it’s the Palacios I’m thinking of he’s at Leverkusen. I can’t see Newcastle letting Botman go, unless he’s got a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if they failed to qualify for Europe and Olise you’d think would cost a fair bit.

But I can’t see us signing that many in one window and I don’t think we’ll have a marquee type signings this summer.