United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default If Paul Scholes had played in Spain

He'd've been seen as the best player in the world.

The way he ran United's games in the heat yesterday and today was superb

And that's at 33, in pre-season, playing with a bunch of novices ffs

Unread 28-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
He'd've been seen as the best player in the world.
Does that mean you haven't seen him as that?

Crikey, it's 14 years since I first told my infidel workmates that he was the best player I'd ever seen (I showed it by getting 'Scholes 18' on the back of a shirt before anyone not affiliated with United even knew who he was)....and that includes Eric, Robbo and Norm.

Unread 28-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Joel_Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank

Crikey, it's 14 years since I first told my infidel workmates that he was the best player I'd ever seen (I showed it by getting 'Scholes 18' on the back of a shirt before anyone not affiliated with United even knew who he was)....and that includes Eric, Robbo and Norm.
Wow i wish i was you ..

Unread 28-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Goal
Wow i wish i was you ..
Balls.

[SIZE="1"]<realises too much drink has been taken and retires to bed>

Unread 28-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Tumescent Throb

I don't think he was the best player in the world

But he could easily have ran Real's or Barca's midfield

He'd have probably strolled Juve's and Milan's as well

We've been blessed to see him and Giggs all these years

Unread 28-07-2008, 01:51 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I don't think he was the best player in the world

But he could easily have ran Real's or Barca's midfield

He'd have probably strolled Juve's and Milan's as well

We've been blessed to see him and Giggs all these years
he should have been the best player in the world. he is/was in my eyes but the thing with scholes id he's a thinking mans footballer,a purist and a craftsman. players like nedved and zidane will always get the vote because they are more obvious.

nedved has sid countless times that scholes was his idol. i bet zz has a soft spot too.

Unread 28-07-2008, 07:39 AM
gigo

I once heard Zidane waxing lyrical about Scholesy,saying he was one of the best players in the world.Well said that man.

Unread 28-07-2008, 08:51 AM
puressence

scholes is the greatest

Unread 28-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank

That must have been some foresight considering in his first couple of full seasons im sure he wore 25 or 28....

Unread 28-07-2008, 09:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That must have been some foresight considering in his first couple of full seasons im sure he wore 25 or 28....
22 i think ..although he had number 10 on his back for his debut v port vale

Unread 28-07-2008, 09:06 AM
dunk

Scholes wore 23 to begin with, didn't he?

Oh, and he was simply majestic last night. It is and has been botha pleasure and a privlige to watch Paul Scholes play football, no matter what level he is playing.

Unread 28-07-2008, 09:15 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Scholes wore 23 to begin with, didn't he?

Oh, and he was simply majestic last night. It is and has been botha pleasure and a privlige to watch Paul Scholes play football, no matter what level he is playing.
you should see the £#%&!er play cricket

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you should see the £#%&!er play cricket
I'd prefer that to watch him scoring another screamer against Barca, useless @#%&! shoulda been £#%&!ed off when his eyes broke and her tried to engineer a move to Oldham.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:37 AM
irk

i know a match going red of many years standing that thinks he is over rated and was finished years ago.

i've only known him 6 months, and have argued the toss with him numerous times. even after his screamer against barcelona he was at it.

scholes is simply a pleasure to watch. a masterful, creative, and subtle genius.

i do wonder what the above mentioned has been watching all those years.

his other opinions are all on message in their top-redishness.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:41 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Majestic player, would get into my all time united midfield before ANYONE else, first name on the teamsheet.
Makes United tick and has done for over 10 years.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Part 36 Offer

Great player but his legacy will always be tarnished from being best mates with puressence.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Great player but his legacy will always be tarnished from being best mates with puressence.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:57 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
i know a match going red of many years standing that thinks he is over rated and was finished years ago.

i've only known him 6 months, and have argued the toss with him numerous times. even after his screamer against barcelona he was at it.

scholes is simply a pleasure to watch. a masterful, creative, and subtle genius.

i do wonder what the above mentioned has been watching all those years.

his other opinions are all on message in their top-redishness.
who is it dom

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:29 AM
irk

a bloke i know through work.

do him!

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
rofl
Closed Thread