United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Camel

suprised no one's mentioned hiddink. but i suppose it's because he's nailed on as chelsea's next boss.

Unread 08-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
He'd send out his assistant for the interviews (Legendary SAF)

"Hello and thankyou for coming to the press conference today. We would like to unveil our new management staff...

Mr Sharath
Mr Legendary SAF
Mr Poppy
and Mr Gog Coch."

Unread 08-11-2007, 04:17 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
He'd send out his assistant for the interviews (Legendary SAF)
Rooney would chin the @#%&! during a training session.

Unread 08-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Gazw649

Thre is only one man for the job: G. Souness.

Unread 08-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
I hear Chris Hutchings is available.

Unread 08-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Serenity Now

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:01 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
deffo

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
My new desktop background. What a guy!

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:09 PM
borsuk

hughes' team plays terrible football and has won nothing and threatened to win nothing. he's miles short of what we need. queiroz is the obvious candidate and the best candiate by a country mile and - if he's still around when fergie goes - he will take over unless we suddenly turn crap in the meantme. no doubt about it at all. what will be interesting is his choice of assistant.

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
My new desktop background. What a guy!
Look at the authority in his face. Tell me you wouldn't die for this man!

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:14 PM
dodger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think Blackburn play pretty good football these days, 4-4-2 with2 wingers a lot of the time. Hughes is basically a pragmatist when it comes to his teams but he does like attacking football. With Wales he played really attacking football 'cos he knew he didn't have enough quality in defence. At Blackburn to begin with he made them a gritty physical side to grind out results 'cos he didn't have the quality. As he's spent time though he's gradually brought inb more quality and the style of play has got better with them.
Spot on. It's a kneee jerk southern press reaction to say his teams don't play

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Look at the authority in his face. Tell me you wouldn't die for this man!

Imagine the powers that be at Charlton when they were deciding on their new manager. Someone suggested Les Reed and it happened, Les £#%&!ing Reed

It just baffles me, who in their right mind would even consider him, i mean look at him ffs.

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Serenity Now

"I get fed up with people who don't know what my background is. They make assumptions and that's frustrating. The people who know me know a different Les Reed to the one that's being assumed. People ought to draw conclusions about what I can bring to the job with my experience, not about my weaknesses."

"I've come up through a different route but it's not unlike that taken by Arsène Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Rafael Benítez, Sven-Goran Eriksson and Carlos Alberto Parreira," he says. "It's just unusual in England for someone to have my background who isn't a foreigner. In that respect I'm probably unique. When I was at the FA I was given carte blanche to travel the world. My task was to find out how the best teams in the world won tournaments. I talked to some of the best people in the game and I hope that some of it has rubbed off."

"What I want to achieve at Charlton, right through all the teams, is a philosophy that encourages players to get the ball down and play open football, with width and quality passing. That's what I tried to bring to the technical department of the FA. We played 4-3-3 with all the teams up to the senior side because that gave us lots of movement, flexibility and interchanging possibilities.

"What I'm trying to do here is play with wide men high up the pitch, so what can look like 4-5-1 becomes 4-3-3. We saw signs of that against Everton last week. It's a slow process but my philosophy is to get it on the deck and play."

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
hughes' team plays terrible football and has won nothing and threatened to win nothing. he's miles short of what we need. queiroz is the obvious candidate and the best candiate by a country mile and - if he's still around when fergie goes - he will take over unless we suddenly turn crap in the meantme. no doubt about it at all. what will be interesting is his choice of assistant.
you surprise me Borsuk

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
After Dowie's sacking on 14 November 2006, Reed was promoted to the manager's post. During his six-week spell in charge, Reed managed just one victory and his Charlton side were knocked out of the Carling Cup by Football League Two side Wycombe Wanderers. Reed's spell at Charlton became infamous as the media attacked him on a regular basis, nicknaming him "Les Miserables" and "Santa Clueless",[7] and was later voted in an unofficial online poll "the worst manager of all time".

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
you surprise me Borsuk
Me too, unless he's being sarcastic, then in which case i'm confused. Either way

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Why is it surprising that he's not overly keen on a guy who's never won anything taking over at United?

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:31 PM
borsuk

i stand by it: blackburn are a horrible team. maybe it's a case of needs must, but i don't see it when someone like coppell or curbishley can get a decent footballing side together and have success. even keane, with far less money and time, has put a side together that tries to play decent stuff, by and large.

i loved hughes as a player but everything he's shown so far as a manager suggests effectiveness is the creed, not entertainment.

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Why is it surprising that he's not overly keen on a guy who's never won anything taking over at United?
He's taken Blackburn, yes Blackburn to the semi final of the FA cup 3 years running, 2 carling cup semi finals. He has turned a mediocre team who like to kick players about into a team playing better football, with better players who are troubling the upper eschelons of the premier league with very small funds. He also did a very good job at international level turning a poor outfit into a decent one, who subsequently capitulated again when he left.

That is why it is surprising.

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
He's taken Blackburn, yes Blackburn to the semi final of the FA cup 3 years running, 2 carling cup semi finals. He has turned a mediocre team who like to kick players about into a team playing better football, with better players who are troubling the upper eschelons of the premier league with very small funds. He also did a very good job at international level turning a poor outfit into a decent one, who subsequently capitulated again when he left.

That is why it is surprising.
Souness actually won a cup with Blackburn.
Closed Thread