Default Champions League New Format

Wtf

More teams, more games

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:18 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You forgot the most important part, more money

I’m so glad I grew up watching football in the the golden age of the 90s and early 00s
At least I have those memories to look back on before it went all to shit

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:19 AM
NedKelly

Most ballers will be elated with this. Love the CL and I’m happy we’ll get to enjoy more of it. More games, more shocks, more tears, more thrills than ever before.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
You forgot the most important part, more money

I’m so glad I grew up watching football in the the golden age of the 90s and early 00s
At least I have those memories to look back on before it went all to shit
Yeah, that too

Anyway, one group of 36 and you play 8 teams, randomly, 4 home and 4 away. That’s £#%&!ing nonsense? Surely? Say you draw Madrid, City, Barca and Munich away, you’re getting £#%&!ed. Or 4 Russian/Turkish clubs. Then at home you get 2 French teams and a couple of English, you’ve been done in

est.1878

Quote:
Yeah, that too

Anyway, one group of 36 and you play 8 teams, randomly, 4 home and 4 away. That’s £#%&!ing nonsense? Surely?
OCD thread gonna get lively.

Sparky***

Quote:
So you play 8 teams presumably selected at "random" , 4 away and 4 at home, So you don't even get a chance to play the same team home and away?

what a load of shite. Their paranoia over a super league has led to them pretty much creating one.

this reminds me of when they made that extra group stage in the early 2000s. I can imagine this format will prove wildly unpopular and they'll be looking to change it again in a year or two.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:24 AM
Ethers

It’s basically a transition to a super league isn’t it. Utter shit show.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:24 AM
no fun

Calm down lads, we’re not qualifying

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:25 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s basically a transition to a super league isn’t it. Utter shit show.
That’s fine(it’s not), but surely you have to play teams home and away or it’s %@#$&!s?

How long until all games are one off at a neutral venue?

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:30 AM
Stickman

Bunks be along any minute mclovin it.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:31 AM
Ethers

Quote:
That’s fine(it’s not), but surely you have to play teams home and away or it’s %@#$&!s?

How long until all games are one off at a neutral venue?
It’s a bizarre format. Is it seeded at all?

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:31 AM
Dr Stranger

A great chance for some ‘she wasn’t that fit anyway’ shouts when we lose at Bournemouth this weekend.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s a bizarre format. Is it seeded at all?
I’m assuming it must be can’t see the big boys being happy if it was completely random.

City will probably get 8 2nd division teams, somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Calm down lads, we’re not qualifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
A great chance for some ‘she wasn’t that fit anyway’ shouts when we lose at Bournemouth this weekend.
Season after next boys, come on ffs. Starting doom for next season before this one is even done is a bit much..

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:35 AM
wiganste

So basically, you can finish 20 odd points behind the champions in your country and come 4th and qualify for the champions league (which is bullshit anyway but we can't do £#%&! all about that)

Now, you can finish 24th in this stupid group stage and go on to win the european cup. Please make some sense out of this shit show?

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
So basically, you can finish 20 odd points behind the champions in your country and come 4th and qualify for the champions league (which is bullshit anyway but we can't do £#%&! all about that)

Now, you can finish 24th in this stupid group stage and go on to win the european cup. Please make some sense out of this shit show?
It’s horrific.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:38 AM
Ethers

Quote:

It’s actually even worse, if you read the small print at the bottom they’re actually letting in some 5th placed teams ffs. Horrific

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:40 AM
wiganste

Was saying to my euro away pals that I'm about to knock them on the head. Been doing them since 1990 and only missed around 20 since then. I'm not getting on board with this shit

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:40 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Finish 4th, straight into the champions league. Liverpool - One league title in their own country in 30 years but been to about 5 champions league finals

This is what european competition is becoming isn't it. Just infinite chances with as little jeopardy as possible. Lose in the champions league? You go into the europa. Lose in the europa? You go into the europa conference.

Keep the money coming in, keep inventing more fixtures and more rounds to play to keep the sponsors happy.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:46 AM
jem

ffs. risiculous.

Unread 15-05-2023, 10:49 AM
AK14

Sounds £#%&!ing dreadful.

Another nail in the coffin etc

Just get Qatari in and be done with it.
Closed Thread