United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:21 PM
Ethers

We look a disjointed mess, which admittedly was to be expected given the line up. But £#%&! me, we’re hard to watch right now.

Not sure what the answer is, but we need Mount on at HT.

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:22 PM
silv

don’t want to hear complaints about the VAR

it was early doors and you build on it if it doesn’t go your way

just really really uninspiring. i just don’t know who we are

atticusgrinch

Last week we were £#%&!ed with a dodgy VAR decision against a UAE team by a guy who's spent half the year in the UAE.

Today we're £#%&!ed by a dodgy VAR decision made by a guy who's not allowed to ref Liverpool games because he's a self-confessed dippers fan.

Ten Hag needs to be at least bitching about all this bullshit.

AK14

As expected

We’re a team so low on confidence which is why each and everyone of them takes an extra touch (or four).

We needed that goal to stand, a bit of a lift early on.

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:23 PM
marlo

this is the worst United team i think I’ve ever seen.

I don’t know how anyone can watch us every week from the league cup final and think the manager is worth sticking with.

Look at the football being played, his summer signings on the bench….

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:24 PM
believe

I’ve tried to give Antony the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had the right mentality but at 80 million I’m starting to think he might be the worst signing we’ve ever made.

silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
this is the worst United team i think I’ve ever seen.

I don’t know how anyone can watch us every week from the league cup final and think the manager is worth sticking with.

Look at the football being played, his summer signings on the bench….
tell us what you really think

only thing more tedious than the football is you

Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Last week we were £#%&!ed with a dodgy VAR decision against a UAE team by a guy who's spent half the year in the UAE.

Today we're £#%&!ed by a dodgy VAR decision made by a guy who's not allowed to ref Liverpool games because he's a self-confessed dippers fan.

Ten Hag needs to be at least bitching about all this bullshit.
We’re a team who need a break.

We get one and then a bunch of joyhoovers microanalyses it in order to take it away from us

AK14

Craven Cottage wi-fi must be good.

poppy

Whilst that was abysmal, I still think if we can nick a goal and keep it tight at the back we can win this.

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:25 PM
Dr Stranger

I don’t think we’ve been that bad. Punchless up top, but that’s always the case and wasn’t going to change overnight.

We’re clearly rock bottom on confidence and conviction, but we’ve worked hard and done some of the basics a lot better than we have in recent weeks. Especially defensively.

Garnacho has been bright, Hojlund has struggled and Antony is just bringing absolutely nothing at the moment.

The disallowed goal was a joke and exactly what we didn’t need right now.

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Whilst that was abysmal, I still think if we can nick a goal and keep it tight at the back we can win this.
*voiceover*

“They couldn’t.”

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I don’t think we’ve been that bad. Punchless up top, but that’s always the case and wasn’t going to change overnight.

We’re clearly rock bottom on confidence and conviction, but we’ve worked hard and done some of the basics a lot better than we have in recent weeks. Especially defensively.

Garnacho has been bright, Hojlund has struggled and Antony is just bringing absolutely nothing at the moment.

Pretty much this.

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:27 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If Mainoo can't get minutes today he may as well pack his bags.
well no
he's just coming back from injury
he is the future of our midfield whether he comes on today or not, nqat

Jack Duckworth

We're so boring to watch and about as far removed from what a Manchester United team should be as it's possible to get.

Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’ve tried to give Antony the benefit of the doubt because I thought he had the right mentality but at 80 million I’m starting to think he might be the worst signing we’ve ever made.
I’ve stuck up from him a lot, because I genuinely thought he showed glimpses of promise last season, and he certainly has the right attitude. But £#%&! me, he seems to have dropped all aspects of attacking intent from his game completely this season. It’s painful to watch.

Maybe he needs to dye his hair again.

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:28 PM
Jethro

Garnacho decent, Holjund feeding off scraps, good to have AWB back. That's about it.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I'd like to know how many goals VAR has chalked off for us this season - it feels like one every £#%&!ing game.

Same with soft-as-£#%&! penalties. We seem to be on the arse-end of every contentious call, every single borerline decision. It's wearing. And when you're low on confidence this sort of stuff just feels like another punch in the guts.

Marvel7

Our football at the moment is as bad as anything under Mourinho or LVG. The set up of the team is worse than a PE teacher, we are so easy to defend against and easy to get at. ETH has to change something, not just in this game, but in general, he can't keep picking the same team in the same shape and suddenly expecting it to get better.

As for Antony, should never get near the team, he is awful, offers nothing, and is actually becoming a hindrance now.

Unread 04-11-2023, 02:30 PM
larry

has anyone ever seen a good 12:30 kick off btw?