Originally Posted by marlo
we didnt NEED to buy a gk either.

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:18 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
Own quotes in own post.

In 17 years.........
im quoting the stuff I was abused and bullied( ) for saying this summer.

wolves with their no mark midfield were walking through us. at times turning in our centre circle at ot and running at our backline.

even at ht the studio picked up on mount going missing. as I was saying, we cant afford to have him and bruno in our midfield with a 30 something year old DMF.

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:18 PM
dunk

We absolutely needed another Goalkeeper because the last one was shite and he was out of contract.

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:21 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We absolutely needed another Goalkeeper because the last one was shite and he was out of contract.
keep on topic dunk baby.

is that the mount you said will help us score more goals?

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

The build up from the back wasn't great today, he didnt get much of the ball. Theres much more to come from him ( i hope) . Alot of players seemed like they just weren't match sharp.

Stick hojlund in that team, have a focal CF to play off and maybe we hold the ball up better to bring the likes of him into the game.

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
keep on topic dunk baby.

is that the mount you said will help us score more goals?
One game doesn’t make a season pal. I trust you’ll be as present when all is going well?

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:51 PM
marlo

no ball retention. just chaos ball and running around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
One game doesn’t make a season pal. I trust you’ll be as present when all is going well?

it won't get better until we bench mount and out a DMF in and bench Anthony for a decent forward/striker.

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:56 PM
Marvel7

I think Mount is not shit, he's just not that good and was also the wrong type of midfielder for us.

That team tonight (plus a striker) will only work against teams that come just to defend. We push so high up with our midfield that when we lose possession any midfield with legs will have our defence back pedalling within seconds. I do think tactically though, if ETH is going to persist with Bruno and Mount in midfield, Casemiro has to be told to sit in front of the top 4 and not venture forward.

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
https://twitter.com/SVCarbaholic/sta...802653696?s=20

no ball retention. just chaos ball and running around.

it won't get better until we bench mount and out a DMF in and bench Anthony for a decent forward/striker.
I’ll believe it when I see it. It’ll be radio silence once they get going until something bad occurs, same as last season

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:01 AM
Denis Irwell

We look like a team who had no pre-season. Thought a few more might’ve been given a run vs Lens.

This US promo shite needs to stop.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:03 AM
browser

Quote:
im quoting the stuff I was abused and bullied( ) for saying this summer.

wolves with their no mark midfield were walking through us. at times turning in our centre circle at ot and running at our backline.

even at ht the studio picked up on mount going missing. as I was saying, we cant afford to have him and bruno in our midfield with a 30 something year old DMF.
You’re not ‘abused and bullied’ () for the opinions. You’re rightly ‘abused and bullied’ for hammering these points into multiple threads at every given opportunity, turning interesting debate into tedious bullshit time and time again.. We all understand your opinion on these points - maybe time to shut the £#%&! up so we can see how things develop over more than 90 mins? Perhaps a weekly check-in thread so you can keep all the ego-massaging told-you-so #@&%!ry to one easily ignorable thread?

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:04 AM
Hyman_Roth

I thought he was alright in the first half. It’s hard to judge fairly when smearing dog shit into your own eyes is more pleasurable than watching the match.

Thought tenners got it wrong - wouldn’t have started Garnacho and that midfield is too undisciplined as set up. Antony on the left and sancho on the right for a change as the current back to front cut inside arrangement is more often than not, utter shite.

But with Mount, realise it’s a bit out there and perhaps novel for the forum but I’m going to give him more time than one match before figuratively kicking his head in.

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:31 AM
marlo

first half..

Unread 15-08-2023, 12:35 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:34 AM
goldfinger II

Even aside from the argument as to whether he is a good player or a bad one, I just don't see how anyone could think he is a midfielder.

Unread 15-08-2023, 01:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I thought he was alright in the first half. It’s hard to judge fairly when smearing dog shit into your own eyes is more pleasurable than watching the match.

Thought tenners got it wrong - wouldn’t have started Garnacho and that midfield is too undisciplined as set up. Antony on the left and sancho on the right for a change as the current back to front cut inside arrangement is more often than not, utter shite.

But with Mount, realise it’s a bit out there and perhaps novel for the forum but I’m going to give him more time than one match before figuratively kicking his head in.
Yep - all this.

Understand Erik giving nacho a go but still needs more time

Why they don’t alternate wings is beyond me. So predictable. Been on about this for ages. I suppose it would help if playing as orthodox wingers they had a target to play to, though. Hopefully, Raz can help, here.

Good to get the points. Hate playing these shit@#%&!s.

Unread 15-08-2023, 08:45 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
We look like a team who had no pre-season. Thought a few more might’ve been given a run vs Lens.

This US promo shite needs to stop.
Yeah I thought we could be overcooked from too many pre season games but it looks like the players didn’t play enough minutes? Playing 45mins a game. We didn’t look ready for that last night at all, everyone dropped a stinker. I couldn’t believe how bad we were

Unread 15-08-2023, 09:16 AM
Sandman

He, and Bruno can't play in the same team, it's a mess. The only way they can be in the same side is if one of them goes on the wing not sure what ten hag is trying to do tbh, I thought we'd have signs of a clear style by now, but it's just more of the same.

Unread 15-08-2023, 09:22 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
He, and Bruno can't play in the same team, it's a mess. The only way they can be in the same side is if one of them goes on the wing not sure what ten hag is trying to do tbh, I thought we'd have signs of a clear style by now, but it's just more of the same.
Had reservations with mount before we signed him. Was hoping and still am to be proven wrong but he has to be given time to settle in. Can’t write him off after 1 game.

We didn’t even get the ball into him in the final third for him to have an impact. Nobody played well. I think a combination of sharpness, match fitness and poor execution of tactics.

Rather it happens early on when we still win than down the line. Think we may have an issue shoehorning mount in now. The other option is to play him on the left . Or tweaking the way we play and playing Casemiro as a holding midfielder