United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:42 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Espn may as well ask pure what’s going on. Ogden is £#%&!ing clueless
This. They've probably been the worst in their coverage of the potential sale. That's some achievement considering Sky's efforts.

Unread 17-04-2023, 08:36 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
This. They've probably been the worst in their coverage of the potential sale. That's some achievement considering Sky's efforts.
Sky be like

“Man utd could be sold, but maybe could not be sold, a minority investor will also be the winning bid, though the Qataris and big Jim can also win the bid.

The winning bid will happen by next week or next year, it could also never happen at all. The glazers all want to sell but not all of them actually want to sell…..and it’s live!”

It’s one of the easiest jobs in the world. Write a story on something millions of people are interested in. Don’t actually commit to anything so you cannot be held accountable. Change your story in a few days/weeks to refresh the traffic coming into websites, channels and Twitter. Rinse and repeat.

As if any of these morons actually know what’s happening behind a private company (who have a track record of owners being more private than most premier league owners) and other big billionaire businesses. No doubt all is tied around with NDAs and other legislation.

Unread 18-04-2023, 11:41 AM
magic_cantona

https://www.theguardian.com/football...box=1681811935

Unread 18-04-2023, 04:09 PM
dunk

Greedy, parasitic bastards.

Take £500m to a a billion now, mismanage and keep heads above water then go through the whole thing again in 2-3 years time.

Or, try and wangle a few quid more out of the current bidders with claims they’re getting a bargain

Unread 18-04-2023, 04:15 PM
erictheking7

Anyone who renews whilst the Glazers are still the owners, should be shot.

Unread 18-04-2023, 06:21 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
Tad harsh and that’s a lot of shooting.

Basically, you’re never going to convince 75k people not to renew. The way forward is disruption if they look like they are sticking around. My view is that they’re 100% gone - everything you read on Twitter (ffs) is either bullshit or negotiation tactics. Could be wrong obvs.

Anyway, whispers are to cause a bit of a scene at the last home match of the season. Stays on here.

Unread 18-04-2023, 06:56 PM
armchair

Quote:
"Don't post content that threatens or advocates physical or mental harm to oneself or others."

Unfortunately, the days of freely posting your terroristic anonymous threats online are over. pc gone mad imo.

Unread 19-04-2023, 12:20 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Not renewing? That ship sailed a LONG time ago. If we'd stood together back in the day and there hadn't been a "fight from within" (i.e. I'm still going to go but pretend I'm trying to get them out) there may have been a chance but there can't be complaints if they stick around now.

Unread 19-04-2023, 10:55 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Not renewing? That ship sailed a LONG time ago. If we'd stood together back in the day and there hadn't been a "fight from within" (i.e. I'm still going to go but pretend I'm trying to get them out) there may have been a chance but there can't be complaints if they stick around now.
I don't think not renewing is the answer, never was, you don't just have to convince the 5ok or so current season ticket holders, you also have to convince the 100k+ on the waiting list, many of whom will have been on the list a long time and would quietly like a few thousand to protest and not renew. I also believe if it could be pulled off and nobody bought season tickets, that would probably make more money over all doing hospitality shit and over seas packages and what not.

Loud, public protest, right now, while the sale is being discussed, make it crystal clear they are not wanted, they are hated, it will hopefully have two effects, 1 - convince the £#%&!ers to take a reasonable offer and go, 2 - take away some of their leverage over potential buyers. Every home game, banners, singing, sit ins, constant reminders for 2+ hours every home game day that they need to be gone.

Unread 19-04-2023, 11:13 AM
believe

That can’t be a serious post surely?

Unread 19-04-2023, 11:31 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
That can’t be a serious post surely?
He's just come out of a coma tbf.

Unread 19-04-2023, 12:04 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
I don't think not renewing is the answer, never was, you don't just have to convince the 5ok or so current season ticket holders, you also have to convince the 100k+ on the waiting list, many of whom will have been on the list a long time and would quietly like a few thousand to protest and not renew. I also believe if it could be pulled off and nobody bought season tickets, that would probably make more money over all doing hospitality shit and over seas packages and what not.

Loud, public protest, right now, while the sale is being discussed, make it crystal clear they are not wanted, they are hated, it will hopefully have two effects, 1 - convince the £#%&!ers to take a reasonable offer and go, 2 - take away some of their leverage over potential buyers. Every home game, banners, singing, sit ins, constant reminders for 2+ hours every home game day that they need to be gone.

"grab the green and gold scarf..."

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:13 PM
est.1878

100k waiting list. Biggest myth in football?

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
100k waiting list. Biggest myth in football?
There wasn’t that many when they peddled out the myth in 99

I hope Marvel is boycotting the pies at wembley at the weekend.

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:30 PM
Ethers

145k on the waiting list according to the clubs own figures.

Seems spurious, but at the same time, I’m not sure they’d release random figures as part of their official financial results

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:43 PM
believe

Where’s this waiting list? Who’s phoning up asking to be put on the waiting list?

I’d say it’s more a percentage of members who they assume would take an ST when the reality is they wouldn’t. Hasn’t there even been times over the last 5/6 years when they said they couldn’t fulfill the actual ST allocations?

Unread 19-04-2023, 01:44 PM
avocado

Quote:
You're right. I'm going to suddenly stop what I have been doing and enjoying for the best part of 40 years because someone on an internet forum doesn't like the owners for the time being of the team that I go and watch.

Where do you want to meet (presume it won't be in the ground) and what gun will you be carrying so that I can acknowledge you before you put me down?

Unread 19-04-2023, 02:49 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Where’s this waiting list? Who’s phoning up asking to be put on the waiting list?

I’d say it’s more a percentage of members who they assume would take an ST when the reality is they wouldn’t. Hasn’t there even been times over the last 5/6 years when they said they couldn’t fulfill the actual ST allocations?
It’s 2023, you don’t have to ring up ffs

You join the waiting list online. They’ve closed it for now due to “exceptional demand”. Although the exec waiting list appears to still be open, strange that.

Unread 19-04-2023, 03:09 PM
est.1878

Hello, 12 year old boy on mums phone / rural African red / robot, would you like to tick this box to express interest in a financially unobtainable season ticket in order for us to inflate our sponsorship appeal? Don't forget you can tick this box as many times from the same IP address. Many thanks, and thank you your magnificent support.

STTDT, M, :bunks:

Unread 19-04-2023, 04:17 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s 2023, you don’t have to ring up ffs

You join the waiting list online. They’ve closed it for now due to “exceptional demand”. Although the exec waiting list appears to still be open, strange that.
£100 deposit to get on the waiting list too.