United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2023, 12:25 PM
dunk

Evra was shit at crossing and rarely scored until that freak season when he couldn’t stop

Driving forward with the ball is the one, when it’s Malacia and Dalot we miss that ability to carry the ball forward and end up getting strangled trying to go through the middle instead. Shaw and AWB both carry the ball well and get us up the pitch.

Would like us to get someone else in and keep AWB tbh.

Unread 17-04-2023, 12:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 17-04-2023, 12:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Do you need creativity all through the side? You can contribute to attacking okay without being a creative player. A team full of creative types would be a shit show tbh. He’s more than capable of contributing to our attacking play, you can see that from just watching him, but look at the stats for his carrier you’ve just posted. I’m more than happy for him to be involved but leave the final balls to someone else if they’re available.

Seems strange to say that 2 of the top 3 sides in the country need to be looking for a right back based purely on those stats. Meanwhile you’ve got Reece James at Chelsea who is apparently excelling statistically, but it isn’t doing them much good

Our goal scoring issues will be improved massively by signing a striker. Creating chances hasn’t been a problem for us, as all the sitters we’ve been missing attests to.

Not even sure a highly creative full-back is particularly important to ETH’s system anyway, he wouldn’t have signed Malacia if that was the profile he wanted.
I don't think Reece James is too much of a problem for Chelsea tbh. I'd bite your hand off for him coming here.

Creating chances has been a problem. It is proper head in the sand stuff for some on here, I don't know why. A continual issue for the best part of a decade.

If you are persisting with Rashford and Antony as the two wide forwards, you need to find creativity somewhere else in the side, as they don't create chances for others on a regular basis - Rashford has obviously made up for this with his goals this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Evra was shit at crossing and rarely scored until that freak season when he couldn’t stop

Driving forward with the ball is the one, when it’s Malacia and Dalot we miss that ability to carry the ball forward and end up getting strangled trying to go through the middle instead. Shaw and AWB both carry the ball well and get us up the pitch.

There were plenty arguing Heinze shouldn't be dropped for Evra tbf. Similar situation here, better footballer required.

Unread 17-04-2023, 01:12 PM
dunk

We always want better players than the ones we’ve got tbf. Bring me a RB that can attack, run with the ball and defend and I’ll be delighted

Unread 17-04-2023, 01:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Shot creating actions, expected assists

Unread 17-04-2023, 01:29 PM
Ethers

You may be revolted, but in my opinion there’s no finer sight than a full back progressively carrying down the wing and then doing an action that creates a shot. And even better if that shot is expected to go in the goal, thus giving the crowd an expected assist to cheer.

It’s what football is all about really

Unread 17-04-2023, 01:50 PM
wiganste

Progressive passes get my juices flowing.

All the lads in the pub yesterday were praying for them

Unread 17-04-2023, 01:51 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Surely you can see one obvious reason why those stats are meaningless? Every other player is the first choice for their team and has played almost all the games, you would have to pro-rata the stats against the number of games to get an accurate comparison.

and even then the stats are meaningless, what's the full back on the other side like, are the teams balanced or favouring one side, are they playing with narrow forwards which encourages and requires full backs to cross more often. So much more to look at than just random stats.

Out of curisoty, how many on that list would you take over AWB?

Unread 17-04-2023, 01:51 PM
Time For Heroes

I don't know what any of those numbers mean but I do know an improved player when I see one.

Unread 17-04-2023, 01:52 PM
NedKelly

Had no idea the par league had gone mainstream.

Unread 17-04-2023, 02:56 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Make it £100 if you want?
Make it £100,000 if you want?

Unread 17-04-2023, 04:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Surely you can see one obvious reason why those stats are meaningless? Every other player is the first choice for their team and has played almost all the games, you would have to pro-rata the stats against the number of games to get an accurate comparison.

and even then the stats are meaningless, what's the full back on the other side like, are the teams balanced or favouring one side, are they playing with narrow forwards which encourages and requires full backs to cross more often. So much more to look at than just random stats.

Out of curisoty, how many on that list would you take over AWB?
Not really, as they are calculated as an average per 90 mins over the period of a year.

They are not really random stats are they. I could tell you the majority of them are far better offensively without the stats. They are just to illustrate the argument.

Edit - probably all of them if I could give Alexander-Arnold a brain and accent translate. Would exclude White as I don't really see him as a full back, he is doing a job there.

Unread 17-04-2023, 04:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Looks like frimpong is the perfect replacement....

Get them potential assists right up you ...

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:02 PM
Parlabane

with 1 progressive pass its a no from me - if you cant have a full back who can progressive pass whats the point #£#%&!stats

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:03 PM
Ethers

He’s been absolutely instrumental in Leverkusen scoring 2 goals more than Eintracht Frankfurt tbf. Can only imagine the creative heights we’re going to hit with the 99th percentile right back in the side

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:10 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Players on the other flank, as someone asked.

Burn horrific, as you'd expect from an 8ft CB playing LB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
with 1 progressive pass its a no from me - if you cant have a full back who can progressive pass whats the point #£#%&!stats
Cause he's playing wing back / wide midfield. Don't write the big man off for that.

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:16 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Same here,he's under-rated at times is, AWB

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:50 PM
Coracao

McTomminay for the bin.

(Fernandes stats compared to AM / Wingers, hence different than the others).

Unread 17-04-2023, 05:51 PM
Bunker Buster

What a load of shite, that has Fred STREETS ahead of Cass....

Unread 17-04-2023, 06:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What a load of shite, that has Fred STREETS ahead of Cass....
Well, of course it will. He plays further forwards, with different duties generally.

Closed Thread