United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-04-2023, 02:35 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Really dominant controlled performance
Only disappointments being the abysmal casual finishing and Rashford’s injury

Games like these are the difference between ETH and every other manager we’ve had recently when we can just control the game from start to finish
Everton tried to press us but at home we are so comfortable calm passing it out from the back

Hard to pick out anyone who didn’t play well aside from the finishing
Comfortable but (nitpicking) Maguire : in his effort to exude unflappability, he makes 3 touches too many before making the pass he should have made 3 touches ago, by which time, the low-block is in place

Done well considering. Fingers crossed for Rashers

Unread 08-04-2023, 02:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Easy win.

We are playing ourselves back into form.

Top 4 will be no problem
One thing this team has done well all season is react well to defeat.

I said after Newcastle that we have a really good chance this week to put it quickly behind us and things will seem a lot better, with players coming back.

Spurs dropping points was a bonus and if Newcastle could drop something in the next couple, then happy days.

Very good win today. A lot better performance and easier win than I expected.

Unread 08-04-2023, 02:37 PM
shenwen

Thought Maguire had his best game in a long time. Quite assured and good distribution. Helped of course by Everton having no threat up front, but still credit where it's due.

If Spurs don't beat Brighton today, that's fourth done and dusted I reckon. Think Newcastle will drop points in there next two games as well.

Unread 08-04-2023, 02:38 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
He obviously saw the tweet the other day - reds should find more of all the usual Abu refs
Yep, I’d say so. Although it was one of the most low key games vs Everton for a long time. Still didn’t trust the £#%&!er to not invent some “infringement “

Unread 08-04-2023, 02:39 PM
BigJim

Only United can make an absolute battering appear so difficult. The general play is so much better than it has been in previous years, but the details are still not there. 5 one-on-ones and an open goal in the first half alone and we go in 1-0.

Antony really needs to start proving his doubters wrong.

Unread 08-04-2023, 02:40 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I said after Newcastle that we have a really good chance this week to put it quickly behind us and things will seem a lot better, with players coming back.

Spurs dropping points was a bonus and if Newcastle could drop something in the next couple, then happy days.

I think top 4 just set itself in stone this week. I don’t see spurs having the stones to mount a charge. This week was about our response to that poor Newcastle showing. We took 6/6. I don’t think Newcastle will stumble again. They pulled themselves out of the muck (at our expense).

Unread 08-04-2023, 02:42 PM
Ethers

Maguire was really solid fair play.

Wan Bissaka, £#%&! me. Genuinely find it hard to believe it’s the same player. What a turnaround.

Unread 08-04-2023, 03:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Maguire was really solid fair play.

Wan Bissaka, £#%&! me. Genuinely find it hard to believe it’s the same player. What a turnaround.
I think he offers a greater attacking threat than dalot.

Unread 08-04-2023, 03:11 PM
puressence

Enjoyed that

Unread 08-04-2023, 03:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattricks
Anyone else thinking if The Scottish Player is going to play that we need him closer up top and getting into the box more often? A tidy finish today. But more than that he brought a different attack than what we get from most of the other guys. Really nice compliment to Rashfords style.
well... yeah. same with sabitzer. same with fred. eriksen is better with the ball than without, too. that's the problem with our midfield. only cass is really good at winning the ball.

Unread 08-04-2023, 03:19 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think he offers a greater attacking threat than dalot.
Takes the pressure of Ten Hag a bit too I think, if we go into next season with this version of Wan Bissaka I will be very content, can just focus on bringing in midfielder and striker. I think I would put replacing De Gea higher on the priority list now than a RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well... yeah. same with sabitzer. same with fred. eriksen is better with the ball than without, too. that's the problem with our midfield. only cass is really good at winning the ball.
Which is why we need to bring in 2, 1 a top quality partner for Casemiro, the other a competent understudy for Casemiro.

Unread 08-04-2023, 03:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Helped by Everton being poor, though to some degree that may have been our doing.

And relegation still looks very possible if that (non) performance from them is any guide.

Unread 08-04-2023, 04:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Good performance.

Should have been more but pretty much full control is a good sign.

Unread 08-04-2023, 04:16 PM
My Name is Heath

Happy with that.

6 points ahead of Spurs?

We should be ok.

Unread 08-04-2023, 04:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Takes the pressure of Ten Hag a bit too I think, if we go into next season with this version of Wan Bissaka I will be very content, can just focus on bringing in midfielder and striker. I think I would put replacing De Gea higher on the priority list now than a RB.

Which is why we need to bring in 2, 1 a top quality partner for Casemiro, the other a competent understudy for Casemiro.
I would get rid of dalot, shift AWB as a cover RB and still get that new RB. We need someone we can rely upon to consistently produces. AWB has been playing well this year but it’s too much of a risk , if he wants he can fight for his place against the new RB

CF, CM , CB , RB , GK is the order we need to prioritise signings.

May even need two CMs, maybe sign sabitzer on a permanent as he looks a good cover player to have. Maybe sign a couple of free summer transfers just to add depth to the squad.

The Scottish Player played well today as did martial when he took his goal but I still think the both of them need to be binned.

One of the best games we have played in a while. Especially when it comes to controlling the tempo and creating chances.

Today was a much closer example of what ETH would like for us to play like.

Unread 08-04-2023, 05:06 PM
suedeshoes

So we played well but need to bin today's MOTM and sign 6 new players?

Unread 08-04-2023, 05:38 PM
dunk

Add another to the list..

Could see it was a naughty one from the Stretford End. Oliver has no excuse.

Unread 08-04-2023, 05:44 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Happy with that.

6 points ahead of Spurs?

We should be ok.

Unread 08-04-2023, 05:48 PM
Denis Irwell

One from Davies, later on, too. Only got one look at it, mind.

He bought it from Coleman time after time he would shield the ball, stop and wait for the contact, then go down. As contrived as it gets. State of reffing these days… and I thought he reffed a good game on the whole

Unread 08-04-2023, 06:03 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Yeah I prematurely posted :-(