United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:25 PM
red in cumbria

Anyway, have to say I get the distinct vibe that certain posters on here didn't really want us to win tonight

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
allowing for the fact that cass may get himself sent off again, we have only one game to go without him and we have an easier run in than newcastle and spurs. it wouldn't surprise me if spurs don't win for the rest of the season. cass and eriksen will be tearing it up from next week. we're getting third with no worries.

big result tonight.
He’s out for one more league game and the semi. Good performance for the most part today, other than Rashford we really need to be more clinical as we could have another 17 matches before the end of the season and one or two are looking tired. Not worried about top 4 in the slightest but we should be adding one more trophy.

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
He’s out for one more league game and the semi. Good performance for the most part today, other than Rashford we really need to be more clinical as we could have another 17 matches before the end of the season and one or two are looking tired. Not worried about top 4 in the slightest but we should be adding one more trophy.
Fulham wasn't the first game of his ban?

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:33 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Fulham wasn't the first game of his ban?
Second red card so a four match ban if I’m not mistaken

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:35 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Cass is back after Everton mate.

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Cass is back after Everton mate.
I stand corrected, great news

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Fulham, Newcastle, Brentford, Everton

Decent first half, we moved the ball about a bit, but created £#%&! all, really. Bruno and Rashford both want to play LW, where Sancho already is, there’s £#%&! all through the middle and Antony has the whole right hand side pitch to look after with only Dalot for company the lad spends his life isolated against 3 £#%&!ing defenders. Left hand side United. Cracking ball in clever from Sabitzer for the goal. Did we create another chance? Second half, £#%&! all shape, couldn’t get the ball into their half before they had 10 behind the ball. Fred thunder @#%&! into the stands after Rashford moved back left aside, I can’t recall us even going close second half there doesn’t look to be many goals left in the team atm.

Even Martial when he came on spent most of his time at LW or dropping into midfield. Christ we need a number 9.

De Gea ffs. The only save he had to make was as a result of his shit kicking. Wtf is the point in Martinez rolling it 8ft to Dave for him to panic like £#%&! and slice it to the opposition in the centre circle? Surely he can do that with the dead ball? Just atrocious.

As comfortable a 1-0 as you could hope for, Brentford very disappointing.

Unread 05-04-2023, 10:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You had evidently forgotten last Sunday already, which is understandable tbf.

Unread 05-04-2023, 11:50 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Malacia brilliant when he came on too.
Yes. Tenacious little blighter. Wouldn’t have minded seeing him playing on the rhs as Dalot seems to have gone to the dogs

If we can actually manage 3pts vs Everton we’ll have done ok to get 9 from 12 with no mf

Unread 06-04-2023, 12:04 AM
dunk

Dalot’s best game for ages tonight tbf.

Unread 06-04-2023, 12:35 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yes. Tenacious little blighter. Wouldn’t have minded seeing him playing on the rhs as Dalot seems to have gone to the dogs

If we can actually manage 3pts vs Everton we’ll have done ok to get 9 from 12 with no mf
7 from 12 shurely?

Unread 06-04-2023, 12:45 AM
Denis Irwell

Yep. Was counting Fulham instead of Soton

Still, could have been worse, although not done with Everton yet

Although we were toothless in attack, we were quite composed in defence, which hopefully augurs well going forward, with mf players returning.

Unread 06-04-2023, 04:38 AM
shenwen

1-0 as predicted but thought Brentford would offer more. Hope they get back on form for Newcastle.

Thought Malacia was great. De Gea again showing he always has a goal in him. Very lucky this time.

Hopefully now Weggers is kept as a bench option. Need to play our best players and not worry about Rashford being bullied

Unread 06-04-2023, 07:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

Brentford played as I always imagined a team called Brentford would play. Possibly the worst side I’ve seen at OT this season.

Thank goodness because we’re fragile. Our final 3rd play is fairly shite - I actually thought we performed well in midfield. Kept possession and knocked it around very nicely.

Sanch and Antony both meh out of 10. Sanch showed some nice touches but there needs to be quite a bit more. Antony with his trademark left foot shot towards the corner flag over and over again.

Malacia was class when he came on - sabitzer and mctom very good.

Bruno’s shooting is infuriating - he sky’s nearly all his chances and why does the best chance of any match always £#%&!ing always find its way to Fred?

Unread 06-04-2023, 07:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Malacia brilliant when he came on too.
he did ok. if shaw misses games, we'll be weaker.

brentford were meek.

Unread 06-04-2023, 08:29 AM
puressence

any comments from brentfords zany manager

Unread 06-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Hyman_Roth

Brentford played as if they’d been paid off. It was striking how lacking they were.

Unread 06-04-2023, 08:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Brentford look like that sometimes away. Not sure how they’ve gone so long unbeaten. They seem like they’re not sure how to approach away games and that was the case last night.

Tbf to us, I thought we kept the ball well. Whenever we’ve lost and needed a response, we’ve done the basics well: worked hard, defended well and taken better care of the ball.

And it was enough.

Never expected us to just pull a 3 goal win out of our arse and the simple fact of the matter was we just needed to win.

Hopefully that gives them a bit of confidence and we can build on that against Everton. They’re not robots. You could sense the anxiety in the crowd and in our play at times. We got through it with hard work. Good to see.

Martinez, Dalot, Malacia, The Scottish Player, Bruno and Antony all very good IMO. That’s what we needed - players turning up. Rashford wasn’t great, but took his one chance so he’s done his job.

Special mention to Sabitzer, who I thought had his best game for us. He’s a good player and he’s mostly come in in difficult circumstances.

Didn’t have much of an impact, but a couple of moments from Martial where he drifted infield to link up play around the edge of the box. We’ve missed that.

Given the spurs result the night before, it’s been a good 48 hours and things already look better than they did Sunday night. Edge out Everton on Sunday and we’re laughing.

Unread 06-04-2023, 09:13 AM
windy waffles

Thought striker in waiting McTommers was fantastic last night.

Rashford back on it.

Big Sabi has to stay.

Unread 06-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Marvel7

Decent performance, bit lacking in the final 3rd, thought Sabitzer and The Scottish Player did well, Dalot is becoming a concern again, need AWB back in for the run in.

We have got to stop that goal kick routine, teams are recognising it as a weak point and exploiting it. Yeah, sure keep doing it in training, practice it until we get good at it, but in games, for now, £#%&! it off.