United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:30 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Don't disagree, in which case we certainly need to keep hold for another season
As another passenger, the Manchester United crèche gets another lad in breakfast club.....

Wouldn't miss him if he left as part of any European deal ....

Hasn't got the head for United

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
With Marlo tbh... think he needs to be starting a good run of games as he's clearly very talented.

That said, ETH clearly prefers Antony and Rashford as the wide players so is he going to get one?

Would surely have been a better option than weghorst as no10 yesterday....
He can’t be trusted. You can’t carry someone like Sancho as he does absolutely £#%&! all defensively. If he’s not on it and carrying a threat you’re playing with 10. If his intensity is off you’re £#%&!ed, and frankly he’s barely been on for anything more than the odd 10 minute stretch since he’s been here. He’s done nothing to earn a start, and it seems ETH sees him as a Bruno alternative more than anything, so he’s not getting a regular start there.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:35 AM
armchair

I see players sign for other big clubs and they disappear for a year before becoming a regular. At United, if they aren't an instant success people want them written off immediately.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I see players sign for other big clubs and they disappear for a year before becoming a regular. At United, if they aren't an instant success people want them written off immediately.
This is true. This is his second year though and he’s not showing signs of forcing himself into a starting berth

I like him, great touch and feet, top vision, can see a pass, can beat a man. Just lacks a yard of pace/acceleration and that drive to constantly go at teams.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:45 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
definitely true, but he's more than halfway through his second season with us. hasn't shown anything like the consistency of performances he needs to.

if he can show an upturn of form between now and the end of the season i'd be happy to give him more time. if he doesn't/can't then i think 60 games is enough to say, if you can't show us what you've got in that time then fair enough to move him on.

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:49 AM
Dr Stranger

He’s nice player at times. Lovely first touch and composure. Brings a calmness and intelligence when others are chaotic.

But there’s a distinct lack of intensity to him. Just no oomph when it’s needed. Often times he’s coming on when we need a lift and I don’t think he’s that kind of player. I’d fancy him more if he was coming on at home to team with 11 behind the ball. As soon as I saw him coming on yesterday, I just thought he’d get swallowed up in the intensity of the game and that’s exactly what happened.

There were two or three moments where he lost physical battles where he should have been favourite.

I’ve defended him in the last year because players need a year for a fair assessment and last year was such a shit show. He’s been granted a lot of time off to sort whatever issues he’s had and we would expect now to see a return from that.

Unread 03-04-2023, 12:24 PM
Marvel7

Physically weak and slow, played nearly all of last season and never saw him attempt to take a player on. Over hyped player that caught Woodward's radar again, get rid if we can find someone to give us half our money back.

Unread 03-04-2023, 01:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Physically weak and slow, played nearly all of last season and never saw him attempt to take a player on. Over hyped player that caught Woodward's radar again, get rid if we can find someone to give us half our money back.
Maybe he can go back to Dortmund in part-ex for Bellingham?

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:44 PM
Sparky***

Sounds like the writing might be on the wall

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sounds like the writing might be on the wall

https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...Tig51Y-d5izVYA
Hopefully it means Antony actually gets to play for 90 mins from now on. I think Sancho would be brilliant in Spain or France, much like he was in Germany, but I’m quickly accepting he’s not a PL player. The physicality of the league just Isn’t a good fit for some.

It’s a shame and I’d love him to turn it around, but as big Logan Roy would say - he isn’t a killer.

Unread 04-04-2023, 06:53 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hopefully it means Antony actually gets to play for 90 mins from now on.
Or fingers crossed, we could get a player in that was way better than either of them.

Unread 04-04-2023, 07:23 AM
Stickman

I actually think he’ll go Newcastle…..

Unread 04-04-2023, 07:50 AM
puressence

looks bored uninterested rather be playing x box .

Unread 04-04-2023, 08:46 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Or fingers crossed, we could get a player in that was way better than either of them.

Unread 04-04-2023, 12:19 PM
Denis Irwell

One of the last Woodward gifts

Grow some Bollox or duck off

Unread 04-04-2023, 01:46 PM
My Name is Heath

Get rid.

He offers nothing.

Unread 04-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Vedder

Just a massive disappointment. Can we send him back to Dortmund with Cash for Bellingham?

Unread 04-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Ethers

He looked really good for a couple of games when he came back, then has reverted to type.

Looks so unarsed and disinterested. Whatever you think of Antony, you can’t deny the lad loves playing for us and gives 100% every single time.

Unread 04-04-2023, 07:06 PM
Coracao

Reminds me of lads you'd get who were good at 5 a side, but were useless 11 vs 11 on a full size pitch as they couldn't cope with the physicality.

He doesn't have the pace or strength to play at a top level in the PL from what I've seen. Nor is he a player who takes the necessary risks.

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:16 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He looked really good for a couple of games when he came back, then has reverted to type.

Looks so unarsed and disinterested. Whatever you think of Antony, you can’t deny the lad loves playing for us and gives 100% every single time.
100% - I dont really see how there is any nuance with Anthony. He's been perfectly good for a first season. Rarely gives the ball away, great in backing up the FB and creates/scores, but newsflash - all wingers are frustrating!