Yes 10 15.38%
No 32 49.23%
Let's wait till the final 5 7.69%
Calm down you giddy count 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2022, 07:30 PM
Pop

Bit of a cliche but a world cup without Italy isn't a proper world cup.

Unread 11-12-2022, 07:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
This - I always say either 82 or 86 were the best but if I had to watch the games again they could easily have been shit

Narey’s goal against brazil in 82 though - thinking that Scotland were actually going to beat Brazil. That thought lasted 15 mins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jn7wz-wCYyA

Alan Rough in goal after that chip
The nets alone make that a superior WC tbh.

Unread 12-12-2022, 12:00 AM
red in cumbria

2018 was actually pretty decent IMO.

Unread 12-12-2022, 07:57 PM
Sparky***

It's not even the best world cup of the last 10 years ffs.

I've hardly watched any of it as quite frankly the whole thing is just preposterous.

A world cup that was fraudulently won by a country where there was absolutely no existing infrastructure to hold such tournament of such size and you couldn't even play it in the summer because it's so ridiculously hot. A country the size of £#%&!ing birmingham where they're having to put people up in tents for £200 a night because there's not enough hotels.

It's a £#%&!ing sham. The whole thing. Aside from when the moroccans turned up every match has been played out in an atmosphere akin to a pre season tournament. Personally i think it would be better if the whole thing was just forgotten about after this and written off as a sad result of FIFA's blatant corruption.

Unread 18-12-2022, 05:55 PM
est.1878

be some ending to this, which ever way.

Unsure why some haven't got into it. Great ko times, cans, armchair warmth whilst outside goes through shades of siberia

Unread 18-12-2022, 05:57 PM
red in cumbria

Infantino says it is, no more comment needed

Unread 18-12-2022, 06:23 PM
Joe Biden

It's certainly been one of the best. A lot of people are shitting on it because the rainbows said so.

Unread 18-12-2022, 06:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
It's certainly been one of the best. A lot of people are shitting on it because the rainbows said so.
And they are totally right to do so, but troglodytes like you will never see why that is.

Unread 18-12-2022, 06:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Never seen someone so obsessed with “the rainbows” in my life. Proper repressed, you.

Unread 18-12-2022, 06:34 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Never seen someone so obsessed with “the rainbows” in my life. Proper repressed, you.
He's bungled this post a bit. Need to zippy it.

Unread 18-12-2022, 06:43 PM
Arnold Muhren

Yes. Yes it is. Sorry 82 and 86.

Unread 18-12-2022, 06:44 PM
AK14

Best final.

Unread 18-12-2022, 06:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Easily the best final ever

Unread 18-12-2022, 07:00 PM
dunk

Hell of a final, rest of it run of the mill in the main.

Unread 18-12-2022, 07:04 PM
believe

Was a brilliant tournament and a brilliant spectacle for me as it’s the first one I’ve ever been to. Was is the best ever? Who’s to say but most probably not but certainly not the wash out everyone thought/hoped it would be.

Fair play to Qatar for what they delivered. Lots of teething problems as expected but the stadiums were out of this world and the atmosphere in Qatar was amazing.

Bit sad it’s over actually, roll on United.

Unread 18-12-2022, 07:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Was a brilliant tournament and a brilliant spectacle for me as it’s the first one I’ve ever been to. Was is the best ever? Who’s to say but most probably not but certainly not the wash out everyone thought/hoped it would be.

Fair play to Qatar for what they delivered. Lots of teething problems as expected but the stadiums were out of this world and the atmosphere in Qatar was amazing.

Bit sad it’s over actually, roll on United.
What games did you go fella ?

I enjoyed it, only missed a handful of games in the TV and flew out to Holland for the quarters

The football will always be there, the location was horrific, the TV times, first class ...

Unread 18-12-2022, 07:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What games did you go fella ?

I enjoyed it, only missed a handful of games in the TV and flew out to Holland for the quarters

The football will always be there, the location was horrific, the TV times, first class ...
I did 13 games in total, last one being France v England, I’ve basically been in Qatar for three weeks of the last month back and to

Unread 18-12-2022, 07:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I did 13 games in total, last one being France v England, I’ve basically been in Qatar for three weeks of the last month back and to

Class, could you get ale outside of the stadium areas ?

I'm v tempted with the USA one.

Unread 18-12-2022, 07:17 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Class, could you get ale outside of the stadium areas ?

I'm v tempted with the USA one.
Course you could it was pretty much everywhere until you got close to the stadium. Like I say the stadiums were unreal but the best atmospheres were in the fan zones around Doha, really well set up.

Unread 18-12-2022, 07:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Course you could it was pretty much everywhere until you got close to the stadium. Like I say the stadiums were unreal but the best atmospheres were in the fan zones around Doha, really well set up.

Glad you enjoyed pal, now bring on Burnley...
Closed Thread