United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
The Ben Arfa goal isn't as good as people have made it out to be imo, not saying it wasn't a great goal though.
Top goal, pal. Top, top goal nqat.

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I would love to see the top 4 this season be us, berties (well, ideally love to see them relegated, but I think 2nd is pretty much theirs now), spuds & Jawdies.

It ain't likely to happen, but it would be funny as £#%&! seeing the vermin, arse & chelski all failing to qualify for the CL.
It might happen if Spurs weren't having their annual implosion

Given that, rather Arsenal than Chelsea - and boy was that through gritted teeth

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Zorg

That booking for Meireles

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

What a goal for Villa by 'Why aye man'.

Unread 10-04-2012, 03:29 AM
Stickman

The defending for Giggs goal against Arsenal was shocking. Doesnt make it any less great.

That Ben Arfa goal will be a goal of the season contender and rightly so. Ronaldinho esque explosion.

Unread 10-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The defending for Giggs goal against Arsenal was shocking.
A bit more understandable, at least. Well into extra time and on a very heavy pitch. They were just exhausted, so stabbed in desperation at him.

Unread 10-04-2012, 07:33 AM
borsuk

Quote:
The defending for Giggs goal against Arsenal was shocking. Doesnt make it any less great.

That Ben Arfa goal will be a goal of the season contender and rightly so. Ronaldinho esque explosion.
see, that's where i don't agree. it's an obvious goal to compare it to but giggs slaloms past them all. watch how many times he has to shift his weight, move left or right, trick the defenders with his body movement and touch, shift the ball from foot to foot on the edge of the area to weave between two tacklers. ben arfa makes a beeline from centre spot to penalty spot without the slightest deviation. great turn, great acceleration but not even close to giggs' goal.

goal of the season depends on what you like. individual moment of brilliance - peter crouch. teamwork and precision - young's 37-pass goal the other week. mazy run and dribble - ben arfa but not the one against bolton, the one against blackburn, now that was a £#%&!ing goal alright, all the things the bolton one isn't.

the bolton goal is a good goal but it's not all that.

imo.

Unread 10-04-2012, 07:59 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A year left on his deal and we could use a versatile, experienced front man.

Not good enough to be our 4th choice forward though apparently.
that's exactly what he is good enough to be, no more than that though. he's 29, don't see him wanting to move to a club where he's going to be fourth choice, simple as that.

Unread 10-04-2012, 08:21 AM
rafabio

He is decent because he is playing regularly at fulham. If we bring him as 4th choice and use him sparingly, there is no guarentee that he will be as effective as he is now.

Unread 10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Tiberian

Berbatov goes and Utd will need a replacement. I have said it before but if Rooney picks up a long term injury it would put a lot of pressure on Welbeck and Hernandez. Welbeck is still learning, offers a lot to the team with his all round play but his penalty box work needs to improve, Hernandez is the other way though.

Not sure Dempsey is the man for that role though, Dembele at Fulham would be an interesting signing gives some of what Giggs and Anderson can with his ball carrying from central areas. Central midfielder who can do that are golden

Unread 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He receives the ball with his back to goal ten yards inside his own half. About six seconds later he's one-on-one with the goalkeeper. The acceleration is immense and, although he is running in a fairly straight line, it still requires great control to move that quickly with the ball. For me, it's the best goal I've seen this season. All a matter of taste, though, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Berbatov goes and Utd will need a replacement. I have said it before but if Rooney picks up a long term injury it would put a lot of pressure on Welbeck and Hernandez. Welbeck is still learning, offers a lot to the team with his all round play but his penalty box work needs to improve, Hernandez is the other way though.

Not sure Dempsey is the man for that role though, Dembele at Fulham would be an interesting signing gives some of what Giggs and Anderson can with his ball carrying from central areas. Central midfielder who can do that are golden
If we do bring another striker in, I suspect it'll be another youngster. Perhaps the Chilean lad we supposedly have an option on. Very little chance of a Dempsey, I'd say.

Unread 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Sloppy

Liverpool leave out Gerrard and Suarez for tonights trip to Blackburn. Carroll starts upfront

Unread 10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Sparky***

oh £#%&!off how did i miss this @#%&!ing thread, someone merge that one I just did.

Unread 10-04-2012, 07:23 PM
HERTS_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Liverpool leave out Gerrard and Suarez for tonights trip to Blackburn. Carroll starts upfront
four defenders on the bench
Closed Thread