Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2008, 11:37 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I need to grow uprofl

Sorry can't answer the question as it doesn't make sense

I wish I was 13 again, and it's a well known fact that I act/am an eejit,

never pretended otherwise. the long and short of all this is you are not fit to slag off Mr. P

Scholes or in any of your alter egos, big enough or good enough to kiss my

big fat old arse. motwyw. Love The Mull. x
what are you talking about?
by the way you havent answered the question...
where did i say scholes played shit tonight???????

Quote:
Find it very amusing that you act/pretend to be

a player, and then admit your mate/pal could pull/take your churpse away

from you,
are you making things up again?
seriously why do so?
why make stuff up just out the blue? i didnt say anything about my mate doing whatever you have just said?
could you point it out to me please or admit you are making stuff up

Unread 25-08-2008, 11:43 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Indeed!

I think your recent assessment of Scholes' performance have been harsh. He's been playing a deeper role for a few season now and has been fantastic in the main. Today was no different. For 70 minutes, he was imperious in possession. He'd keep the ball moving, holding on to it or passing straight away, depending on who was free. I find that much preferable to JOS habit of just smashing it up the pitch. But he did tire towards the end of the game, when he did get caught and give the ball away a few time. But even so, we recovered well. Had we a full compliment of midfielders, he'd probably have come off after 75 mins anyway so that wouldn't have been an issue
-last season near enough everygame we drew or lost, scholes started.(not all but about 80%)

-today he has a decent game but in reality he did the job carrick does week in week out and thats forgetting carrick does it on his own and also is always looking to have some attacking influence on the game...
so basically scholes played today what i would say carrick equals everygame.

-we are also comparing him with a wing back who was filling in with him? come on, what natural central midfielder doesnt look good compared to him?

-yes he kept possession well but the best midfielders do the same when doing it in a defensive role. our ball playing midfielders all keep possesion of the ball very well as well(possebon, carrick, anderson) and the only reason carrick and anderson will lose it is while looking for the forward ball which is always a risky option.
so rating someone so higly who had no attacking influence on the game is abt much.

IVE NOT SAID HE DIDNT PLAY WELL.

Unread 25-08-2008, 11:45 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
what are you talking about?
by the way you havent answered the question...
where did i say scholes played shit tonight???????

are you making things up again?
seriously why do so?
why make stuff up just out the blue? i didnt say anything about my mate doing whatever you have just said?
could you point it out to me please or admit you are making stuff up

Quote:
thats the night, i chirpsed her.

my friend failed with the brunette.

if my boy ishmael was there he would hav cleaned up.confirmed.

And slagging Scholsey off is now not saying he played shite, sorry my fault,

please accept my apology. It's my age you see, the Alziemeirs doncha know

Unread 25-08-2008, 11:49 PM
marlo stansfield

Default i was waiting for this.

Quote:
[/b]

Please confir with your log ons before denying stories.

And slagging Scholsey off is now not saying he played shite, sorry my fault,

please accept my apology. It's my age you see, the Alziemeirs doncha know
i said this.
Quote:
my friend failed with the brunette.

if my boy ishmael was there he would hav cleaned up.confirmed.
meaning one of my mates failed to pull the brunette BUT if my other mate ishmael was there he would have 'cleaned up' (got her number).

what does that say about him taking my churpse from me?
i was chatting t the blonde one and i was saing that my mate failed failed with the brunette where as my other mate would have easily got her...

have you got it wrong you old @#%&!?

Unread 25-08-2008, 11:56 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
-yes he kept possession well but the best midfielders do the same when doing it in a defensive role. our ball playing midfielders all keep possesion of the ball very well as well(possebon, carrick, anderson) and the only reason carrick and anderson will lose it is while looking for the forward ball which is always a risky option.
Yes, but Anderson was playing a lot closer to the strikers - sometimes he was part of a front three. So obviously, he'll make more attacking passes in the final third of the pitch, many of which will result in United loosing possession. But he's only allowed to do that because Scholes has given him the ball in good condition, in space, in a dangerous part of the pitch. Something he did very well for most of the night and over the last two seasons.

Unread 25-08-2008, 11:57 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Yes, but Anderson was playing a lot closer to the strikers - sometimes he was part of a front three. So obviously, he'll make more attacking passes in the final third of the pitch, many of which will result in United loosing possession. But he's only allowed to do that because Scholes has given him the ball in good condition, in space, in a dangerous part of the pitch. Something he did very well for most of the night and over the last two seasons.
is makelele the best midfielder in the world?

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:00 AM
The Watcher

Question

Quote:
I don't see the relevance, as I've never claimed Scholes is currently the best midfielder in the world?

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:01 AM
J_RED

Quote:
The Question is Is/Was Makelele ever capable of playing both Roles? As Scholes matures in years his game is naturally going to change, as somebody said on the commentery tonight Scholes just does everything perfectly the total footballer.

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:02 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
I don't see the relevance, as I've never claimed Scholes is currently the best midfielder in the world?
ok was he ever known to be the one 'running the game'?

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:02 AM
The Mull

Quote:
i said this.

meaning one of my mates failed to pull the brunette BUT if my other mate ishmael was there he would have 'cleaned up' (got her number).

what does that say about him taking my churpse from me?
i was chatting t the blonde one and i was saing that my mate failed failed with the brunette where as my other mate would have easily got her...

have you got it wrong you old @#%&!?

TUT TUT TUT. I must have done ooh internet warrior one. :

Sticks and stones

Are you sure you don't fancy a bit of man love, one on one me and you

I love it when you get angry and talk dirty.

ps: don't forget to confess the naughty words and thoughts before you go

to church on Sunday

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:03 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
As Scholes matures in years his game is naturally going to change, as somebody said on the commentery tonight Scholes just does everything perfectly the total footballer.
correct me if im wrong but by saying his game changes sure you mean he has cut out the attacking part of his game meaning he isnt doing EVERYTHING anymore as he has adjusted?

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:06 AM
J_RED

Quote:
correct me if im wrong but by saying his game changes sure you mean he has cut out the attacking part of his game meaning he isnt doing EVERYTHING anymore as he has adjusted?
ok you are wrong so I am correcting you, I am saying he is able to do both, Maybe not capable of being the best attacking midfielder in the world as he ages but still able to do it when he needs to, ( barcelona at home last year ?) but also able to do what you suggest he did tonight / Makalelele and a good few others made a career out of. My point being not many have been able to do both.

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:07 AM
The Mull

Quote:
So your saying he doesn't do anything, o wise one

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:10 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
So your saying he doesn't do anything, o wise one

Unread 26-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Tiberian

The set up of the team was much better for Scholes tonight. He did what he does best, prompt. With Anderson making the forward runs there was no need for Scholes to try anything over elaborate, just keep it simple and move the ball quickly, and there is no-one better in the league at doing that. Tevez, Anderson and himself controlled that game with their passing and movement of the first 2.

Against Newcastle, especially when Carrick and then Giggs went off there was a lot more onus on him to be creative, and from the deep areas he plays in it is a lot harder to play the killer ball, and he does not have the legs to charge forward. When he does we get stretched, and his flaws are exposed.

Unread 26-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Whalefish

What Tibs said.

Anderson needs a goal, and soon. Everytime he gets inside the 18 yard box all the composure and class he has just deserts him. It's painful to watch at times.

Unread 26-08-2008, 08:24 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
What Tibs said.

Anderson needs a goal, and soon. Everytime he gets inside the 18 yard box all the composure and class he has just deserts him. It's painful to watch at times.
yup. it will come. i hope. maybe.

Unread 26-08-2008, 08:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Scholes was superb last night, ran the game from start to finish.

Unread 26-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Amish Mash

Won the free kick and then started the move off for the goal as well. I just think Marlo has a thing for pasty white footballers given his dislike of Scholes and Rooney.

Unread 26-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Who gives a £#%&! what this dosy #@&%! thinks. He's a thick @#%&!.

Scholes was fantastic last night. Don't know wether he or Tevez were motm.
Closed Thread