Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Arnold Muhren

Michael Thomas obviously number one but this pushes it

And this is a top goon as well “So unprofessional “

Unread 10-04-2020, 01:40 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Not a goal, but this was glorious to watch.

"VAR. Goal. Review".

State of Pep.

Unread 10-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m too young for Michael Thomas.

Hasselbaink v Arsenal 99
Viduka v Arsenal 03

There are obviously loads
Probably the most stressed i've ever been watching a non-United game. Since then I've rarely watched whole matches of rival teams.

when Hasselbaink scored i was like:

Unread 10-04-2020, 02:08 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that michael thomas goal is the only time in my life that I have leapt off the sofa and punched the air for a goal by a team that wasn't united.
Yep, same here

Unread 10-04-2020, 02:15 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

It was on ITV not BBC. Remember it well. Also it's Brian Moore commentating on the clip I posted. "It's up for grabs now!"

Unread 10-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Pop

Keegan at France 98 "There is only one team who can win this now"

Minutes later....

Unread 10-04-2020, 02:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
- Ganea penalty for Romania vs England - Euro 2000. (Felt for Phil Neville, but this was sweet after the hate Becks got after 1998).
- Ricardo penalty for Portugal vs England - Euro 2004. (What a WUM this fella was ).
- Ronaldo penalty for Portugal vs England - World Cup 2006.
- Mueller goals for Germany vs England - World Cup 2010. (Brutal counter-attacking stuff from Ze Germans).
- Pirlo penalty for Italy vs England - Euro 2012 (Joe Hart acting the @#%&! in goal).
- Sigthorsson winner for Iceland vs England - Euro 2016.
- Mandžukić winner for Croatia vs England - World Cup 2018.

The last one is definitely my favourite. They actually thought they'd scab it to the Final. Silly @#%&!s lobbing beer in the air all summer, tarts with glitter on their faces, the JCLs who only turn up every 2 years, "It's coming home...", the media hype over a £#%&! team. Was glorious seeing them fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_8FsL1c6D4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__xgNP6NH7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjEWYSIJXnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=due_ItPaySI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnYiUMYrkQM

Why so much hate towards a country you were presumably born and raised in ?

Unread 10-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Buck

Watching this live as a neutral was wonderful

Unread 10-04-2020, 03:18 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that michael thomas goal is the only time in my life that I have leapt off the sofa and punched the air for a goal by a team that wasn't united.
I was decorating the bedroom and listening on the wireless, my missus thought I'd fell off the ladders, I was screaming that much.

Unread 10-04-2020, 06:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Weird one, but I actually gooned a 0-0. 2006/7 run in. We'd just drawn with Boro at home. We looked £#%&!ed and Chelsea had the initiative. They played Newcastle and could only draw 0-0. I remember Joe Cole missing by inches right at the end. I thought it was in. The relief when it wasn't.
Oh, that was absolutely *massive* - hadn't Newcastle missed a great chance to win it themselves just before Cole's effort as well?

Unread 10-04-2020, 08:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Oh, that was absolutely *massive* - hadn't Newcastle missed a great chance to win it themselves just before Cole's effort as well?
Possibly. I just remember that late Cole chance. I think Chelsea had won late on the week before. Really thought we'd blown at after that Boro game.

Unread 10-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Mr Kaboom

Ricky Villa's winner in Cup Final v City.

Unread 10-04-2020, 10:15 PM
barca99

Seem to recall been very happy with Wayne Bridges late winner v Arsenal in CL quaters 2004.

Arsenal were a decent side back then and our main rivals, hated them so much.

Chelsea were just, well, Chelsea.

Unread 10-04-2020, 10:20 PM
My Name is Heath

Lothar matthaus - Italia 90 v Yugoslavia

Sammer for Germany v Croatia at OT Euro 96

5:20 here

Unread 10-04-2020, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Possibly. I just remember that late Cole chance. I think Chelsea had won late on the week before. Really thought we'd blown at after that Boro game.
They were being held 0-0 at bottom club Watford and bloody Drogba scored in about the 98th minute. Thought only we were allowed to do that

Unread 10-04-2020, 11:26 PM
92ToBury

Unread 10-04-2020, 11:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
They were being held 0-0 at bottom club Watford and bloody Drogba scored in about the 98th minute. Thought only we were allowed to do that
As a fellow pendant, I think you'll forgive me for saying it was Kalou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sanchez's best moment for us.

Unread 11-04-2020, 01:00 AM
plopborsky

repeat

Unread 11-04-2020, 02:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Probably the most stressed i've ever been watching a non-United game. Since then I've rarely watched whole matches of rival teams.

when Hasselbaink scored i was like:
From memory Leeds played really well and were all over them for large periods. Recall Ian Harte missed a pen right on half time which you worried would be the catalyst Arsenal needed.

Alan Smith had Keown and Adams on strings that night for wummery. Kept arriving late on them and giving them the big £#%&! off every chance he could.

My mates grandad was chief scout at Bolton at the time and said he’d never seen Tony Adams so flustered/rattled in all his years.

Quote:
Was Kalou. We were minutes from being 8 points clear.

Unread 11-04-2020, 08:39 AM
wee man

Top of my head

Collymore v Liverpool
Bale's 2nd v Liverpool
Hasselbank v Arsenal
Gallas v RoI
Willian v Liverpool
Closed Thread