United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Stickman

Exclamation Rome Alone

anyone going solo or considering it?

Would you? If not...why not?

And a vital piece of info, I wont have a ticket...

Lastminute.com is giving flight and hotel deals from 26-28 for £490.

Unread 15-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Ginners

probably gonna go with my family, as long as i dont go getting on the wrong plane

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Cheesesof Nazareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
anyone going solo or considering it?

Would you? If not...why not?

And a vital piece of info, I wont have a ticket...

Lastminute.com is giving flight and hotel deals from 26-28 for £490.
I went to Moscow alone but met up with mates out there...

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:02 PM
mark o

I've been there on my own before, it wasn't a problem as once you find a bar full of reds you're amongst friends.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
I've been there on my own before, it wasn't a problem as once you find a bar full of reds you're amongst friends.
yeah my only worry is walking about on my todd after game etc. Me and a mate went to Moscow and that would have been a £#%&!ing nightmare on youre on, would have prob got kicked in. Would have been absolutely shitting it alone. There seemed to be £#%&! all reds going about there through the night!

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Cheesesof Nazareth

Quote:
yeah my only worry is walking about on my todd after game etc. Me and a mate went to Moscow and that would have been a £#%&!ing nightmare on youre on, would have prob got kicked in. Would have been absolutely shitting it alone. There seemed to be £#%&! all reds going about there through the night!
must admit travelling by bus from Moscow airport to my hotel alone I didn't feel safe....

they'll be plenty of reds travelling with you; just hook up.... you may even get lucky

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:07 PM
plopborsky

do the fred meet tomorrow then u can at least meet up with fredsters in rome

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Give us a buzz mate if you're out there. Me and a mate are also ticketless.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Cheesesof Nazareth

Once you get to Rome; set a load of traps up in your accommodation... like iron's falling from the ceilling... feather and glue traps, and even perhaps a tarantula!

Good luck!

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesof Nazareth
must admit travelling by bus from Moscow airport to my hotel alone I didn't feel safe....

they'll be plenty of reds travelling with you; just hook up.... you may even get lucky
Me and my mate took an illegal taxi - guy looked more than handy and also had a knife he thought was hidden in the front with him. Longest hour of my life

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:20 PM
wiganste

Where are you flying from Stickman? Can get you a flight for £240 from Stansted and you'll be flying with bigmikea from this forum.

Tues-Thurs

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Where are you flying from Stickman? Can get you a flight for £240 from Stansted and you'll be flying with bigmikea from this forum.

Tues-Thurs
yhpm

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Tues-Thurs

I think he'd rather go alone

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Smeggs

i'm doing the travel on my own but know plenty of reds who i'll see out there.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i'm doing the travel on my own but know plenty of reds who i'll see out there.
being an oot - im a bit £#%&!ed for that.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
being an oot - im a bit £#%&!ed for that.
i did barca way last year on a bit of a whim and on my own, i did see people i knew on the tuesday but on the day of the game itself i was pretty much on my own but met up with these lads down the marina and me and a few got tickets in the home end, went out after etc. i find reds in general a friendly bunch.

also did moscow via berlin totally on my own. had somehairy moments in what was a very unwelcoming city but i wouldn't change it for the world. made it all sweeter in a way.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Just do it mate, i'd do it if I had to. You'll meet loads of people over there (maybe even a few fredsters ).

There will be loads of people doing the same thing, you'll regret it if you don't.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i did barca way last year on a bit of a whim and on my own, i did see people i knew on the tuesday but on the day of the game itself i was pretty much on my own but met up with these lads down the marina and me and a few got tickets in the home end, went out after etc. i find reds in general a friendly bunch.
I might just wear a sandwich board indicating im alone as a cry for help.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
I might just wear a sandwich board indicating im alone as a cry for help.
get on the fredsters album and if you see any of us say hello...

another good thing is that Rome is poles apart from Moscow in that i'm looking forward to just having a wander, sitting out and having a beer in the sun (hopefully) etc.

Unread 15-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Just do it mate, i'd do it if I had to. You'll meet loads of people over there (maybe even a few fredsters ).

There will be loads of people doing the same thing, you'll regret it if you don't.
This is right, I've been all over on me own, doesn't take long to find a bunch of reds anywhere.
Closed Thread