United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Would love nothing more than for lvg to be undermined and humiliated for his final week in charge

ANNOUNCE JOSE TONIGHTTTT
Good Christ you're vile.

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:46 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Announcement tomorrow morning i'm hearing, eyyyyyyyy

for letting city and guardiola off the hook, i will never forgive lvg and i now 100% hate him

if we sack him before the fa cup final it would be justified

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:46 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Would love nothing more than for lvg to be undermined and humiliated for his final week in charge

ANNOUNCE JOSE TONIGHTTTT
Don't be a @#%&! about it pal...

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:47 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Good Christ you're vile.
Since when did you become lvgs son in law? miss man

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Fourth is gone. This oil tanker can't be turned round.

Another season £#%&!ed, but it's what happens next that concerns me. There's no future.

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Since when did you become lvgs son in law? miss man
The point I was actually trying to make was that a new manager, at that point so late in the season, couldn't have done much.

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:49 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Don't be a @#%&! about it pal...
Nah, nothing is off limits after west ham away. £#%&! him. The enormity of that £#%&! up hasnt been felt yet.

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Venceremos

Exclamation

Quote:

ANNOUNCE JOSE TONIGHTTTT
The latest he will be sacked is the 31st of this month right?

That's a maximum of 19 days...

WE'RE

SO

CLOSE!!!

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Going to be Moyes esque level of joy for plenty, nqat. Thought that was a one off, but could become quite common.

Can see us going through a manager every couple of years now. Welcome to the real football world.

Unread 12-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Going to be Moyes esque level of joy for plenty, nqat. Thought that was a one off, but could become quite common.

Can see us going through a manager every couple of years now. Welcome to the real football world.
If they underperform, then that's what we need to do, unfortunately. It doesn't have to be a pattern. We're only 'not a sacking club' due to Fergie and that's because he was good.

The real football world is that Moyes and LVG haven't performed well enough to avoid being sacked. Neither are snap, knee-jerk reactions. Neither have achieved the bare minimum in their tenures.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:01 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Going to be Moyes esque level of joy for plenty, nqat. Thought thato was a one off, but could become quite common.

If it keeps us winning we'll just have to get used to it.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Venceremos

Thumbs down

Quote:

If anything keeping Moyes and Van Gaal on the length of time they did has enhanced United's reputation as a club who give managers every chance.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

Nah, not for me.

With Moyes, I knew he was going to be a failure and I hated him from his Everton days. The relief was immense when he was thrown out.

With LvG, I expected more and I'm disappointed with him and how it's turned out. I also have a lot of respect for him and had hoped he'd end his career on a better note than this.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
If they underperform, then that's what we need to do, unfortunately. It doesn't have to be a pattern. We're only 'not a sacking club' due to Fergie and that's because he was good.

The real football world is that Moyes and LVG haven't performed well enough to avoid being sacked. Neither are snap, knee-jerk reactions. Neither have achieved the bare minimum in their tenures.
I wasn't saying it's wrong to sack manager, just that we need to get used to it.

But the clubs that have success tend to have it through the stability of a common plan among those in charge. That makes managers more dispensable. Going from Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho is the sign of a club with no idea greater than just hiring names and hoping they work out. It's what happens when the decisions are made by non-football people, who then allow the manager to take all the blame when supporters lose patience at an increasingly quicker rate. The Real Madrid approach, basically.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:09 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I wasn't saying it's wrong to sack manager, just that we need to get used to it.

But the clubs that have success tend to have it through the stability of a common plan among those in charge. That makes managers more dispensable. Going from Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho is the sign of a club with no idea greater than just hiring names and hoping they work out. It's what happens when the decisions are made by non-football people, who then allow the manager to take all the blame. The Real Madrid approach, basically.
Real sack managers after they've won the CL. Because they're mental.

Man United sack managers because they can't even qualify for it.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:09 PM
ryanMUFC

There's literally professional journalists spouting shit that they don't have a clue about. There's no point getting excited about something until something is announced.

If it wasn't for LVG we'd have never seen Rashford and CBJ in the first team. That's not to say that he should be our manager. He'll potentially bring us our first trophy since Ferguson. He deserves respect whatever the outcome, there's players that have let him down and there's been injuries.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

I'd like to make this my reply too please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
There's literally professional journalists spouting shit that they don't have a clue about. There's no point getting excited about something until something is announced.

If it wasn't for LVG we'd have never seen Rashford and CBJ in the first team. That's not to say that he should be our manager. He'll potentially bring us our first trophy since Ferguson. He deserves respect whatever the outcome, there's players that have let him down and there's been injuries.
He's done some good things. Rashford and Co are the best bit.

I still like him and I've got huge respect and admiration for him.

He still deserves to be sacked though.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

That's not my point at all

It's about not having an idea of why you hired the manager in the first place. When United sack Van Gaal in a couple of weeks, if they surprised everyone and hired Frank de Boer, it would be a huge risk but I'd be relieved because it would suggest they have an idea greater than who the manager is.

Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho. Pellegrini to Mourinho to Ancelotti to Benitez to Zidane.

Not a single clue what they are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Nah, not for me.

With Moyes, I knew he was going to be a failure and I hated him from his Everton days. The relief was immense when he was thrown out.

With LvG, I expected more and I'm disappointed with him and how it's turned out. I also have a lot of respect for him and had hoped he'd end his career on a better note than this.
Could still end it with an FA Cup

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:25 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
I'd like to make this my reply too please.

He's done some good things. Rashford and Co are the best bit.

I still like him and I've got huge respect and admiration for him.

He still deserves to be sacked though.
Agreed but the reality is that all these news sources are having a swing at guessing what's going on.

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
That's not my point at all

It's about not having an idea of why you hired the manager in the first place. When United sack Van Gaal in a couple of weeks, if they surprised everyone and hired Frank de Boer, it would be a huge risk but I'd be relieved because it would suggest they have an idea greater than who the manager is.

Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho. Pellegrini to Mourinho to Ancelotti to Benitez to Zidane.

Not a single clue what they are doing.

Could still end it with an FA Cup
It's a fair point, but as much as the club needs a direction in terms of how they want to play, it's imperative to maintain success and a high standard.

It's why it's such a difficult job. No other club in the country is judged by such a high standard. Even Liverpool are able to loiter around 7th and 8th and there's no daily inquest, but we are. Our recent history plays a part in that too ofcourse.

Meanwhile, there's also an expectation for us to play the 'United Way'. Whatever that means.

There's so many boxes we need to tick. De Boer might be more of the kind of manager to 'fit', but £#%&! me we need CL next season and we need to stay competitive. If that means a couple of years of trial and error, then so be it.

Moyes and LVG were meant to be United-style managers and they haven't worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Agreed but the reality is that all these news sources are having a swing at guessing what's going on.
Oh absolutely. They haven't the slightest clue what's going on

Unread 12-05-2016, 11:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It's a fair point, but as much as the club needs a direction in terms of how they want to play, it's imperative to maintain success and a high standard.

It's why it's such a difficult job. No other club in the country is judged by such a high standard. Even Liverpool are able to loiter around 7th and 8th and there's no daily inquest, but we are. Our recent history plays a part in that too ofcourse.

Meanwhile, there's also an expectation for us to play the 'United Way'. Whatever that means.

There's so many boxes we need to tick. De Boer might be more of the kind of manager to 'fit', but £#%&! me we need CL next season and we need to stay competitive. If that means a couple of years of trial and error, then so be it.

Moyes and LVG were meant to be United-style managers and they haven't worked.

Oh absolutely. They haven't the slightest clue what's going on
That won't happen until we get some top players. Not potentially good players like Schneiderlin or Herrera. We need to do what we expected to happen two years ago when the talk was of Hummels, Vidal and Bale. That's what will resume the standards.
Closed Thread