NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Brilliant.

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:20 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
His agent asking for £15 million payout sounds like negotiating leverage to me. I read that West Ham was offering a 4 year contract, but he only has three years left on his United contract.

There is about a £4 mill gap that needs to bridged between Maguire and the club.

United £190,000 per week (Approx) £9,120,000 per year = £27,360,000 3 years remaining
West Ham £120,000 per week £5,760,000 per year =£17,280,000 3 years
That’s £10,080,000 loss for Maguire, United offered a £6,000,000 buy out, but that still puts him out £4 mill.

He may want to play for the National team, but how many people on this forum would walk away from £4 m, …he’s got two kids, and he’ll be 31 in March so…

Won't somebody plllllleeeeeeeease think about the children???

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:22 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
His agent asking for £15 million payout sounds like negotiating leverage to me. I read that West Ham was offering a 4 year contract, but he only has three years left on his United contract.

There is about a £4 mill gap that needs to bridged between Maguire and the club.

United £190,000 per week (Approx) £9,120,000 per year = £27,360,000 3 years remaining
West Ham £120,000 per week £5,760,000 per year =£17,280,000 3 years
That’s £10,080,000 loss for Maguire, United offered a £6,000,000 buy out, but that still puts him out £4 mill.

He may want to play for the National team, but how many people on this forum would walk away from £4 m, …he’s got two kids, and he’ll be 31 in March so…

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:23 PM
Sparky***

he's under absolutely no obligation to go, but if he wants to stay and sit on the bench every week thats up to him.

No point getting angry with him, it's yet again the club throwing around huge contracts to players who've failed to live up to their massive price tags.

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:33 PM
dunk

We signed up to pay him £8m a year, or whatever, guaranteed for the length of his contract, now we're trying to get him to £#%&! off somewhere to be paid less and cancel the contract. He's well within his rights to demand the whole lot tbh.

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:36 PM
magic_cantona

He's so desperate to play that he won't leave until he gets wages he's not even played for. £#%&!er.

Surely if you want a career, and you're still going to get handsomely paid, why stay and risk a new club just for the cash? Already mega rich ffs

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:40 PM
dunk

‘Hi Harry, erm.. I know we said we’d pay you £250k a week for 6 years, well.. turns out you’re shit and we don’t want to pay you anymore, or even have you skulking around quite frankly. Do us a favour and join this vastly inferior club on less than half the wages and we’ll just forget the 3 years on your current contract that we promised to pay you for.. sound good?’

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:45 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean

Realistically though, if he chooses to stay (which he probably will, if he doesn't get the buyout he wants)

I think he could care less if the fans boo him everytime he's on the field, if it means pocketing an extra £4 mill near the twilight years of his career.

It's not his fault he was given a lengthy lucrative contract.

Besides if the pressure becomes too much he could always pull a Phil Jones ....though I think he'll probably leave at some point.

Unread 15-08-2023, 10:55 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean

Unread 15-08-2023, 11:13 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Realistically though, if he chooses to stay (which he probably will, if he doesn't get the buyout he wants)

I think he could care less if the fans boo him everytime he's on the field, if it means pocketing an extra £4 mill near the twilight years of his career.

It's not his fault he was given a lengthy lucrative contract.

Besides if the pressure becomes too much he could always pull a Phil Jones ....though I think he'll probably leave at some point.
couldn't care less.

Unread 15-08-2023, 11:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
‘Hi Harry, erm.. I know we said we’d pay you £250k a week for 6 years, well.. turns out you’re shit and we don’t want to pay you anymore, or even have you skulking around quite frankly. Do us a favour and join this vastly inferior club on less than half the wages and we’ll just forget the 3 years on your current contract that we promised to pay you for.. sound good?’
Say he digs his heels in and stays, West Ham move onto someone else and nobody else is interested. He's sitting at United doing £#%&! all, England don't call him up and when his United contract ends, he'll look as attractive as Phil Jones did. Is it worth the money? Surely you want to be on the pitch, proving everyone wrong - or is he simply arsed about the cash? You make it sound like it's B and Q that are offering a job and not another Premier League club.

Unread 15-08-2023, 11:31 PM
Travis Bickle

Given that most people on here do not attend games, do you boo him from your sofa?

Unread 15-08-2023, 11:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Given that most people on here do not attend games, do you boo him from your sofa?
I do.

Unread 16-08-2023, 12:18 AM
Jack Duckworth

Some head on the @#%&!

Unread 16-08-2023, 12:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
#notonepenny etc

Unread 16-08-2023, 12:50 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Some head on the @#%&!
We have long known that, though

Unread 16-08-2023, 07:16 AM
Dr Stranger

Has the club been giving this bridge troll too much encouragement. Lots of talk from ETH that he’s happy to have him around. Surely if he’d been told he’s surplus, he’d want to go. Suspect him and The Scottish Player are for sale at the right price, but we’re also happy to keep them.

Or Maybe we have said all of that to him and he’s just not getting it.

“Ok, Harry. when West Ham call, you say ‘yes’, got it?”

Unread 16-08-2023, 07:44 AM
Sapien

Quote:
We signed up to pay him £8m a year, or whatever, guaranteed for the length of his contract, now we're trying to get him to £#%&! off somewhere to be paid less and cancel the contract. He's well within his rights to demand the whole lot tbh.
He is. And the club is well within its rights to not play him and ruin his short career. So that's our leverage. But unfortunately ETH has seemingly weakened it to the point where Maguire explicitly references the fact that he will get enough opportunities as a reason to turn down WHU.

Unread 16-08-2023, 08:46 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

On ETH this. Obviously happy to have him as back up and has consistently said he’s got a place if he shows form.

Unread 16-08-2023, 08:50 AM
Seamus

Quote:
he's hardly out delivering the free papers.

where's a man's pride in all this?
Closed Thread