United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Thumbs up Giggs on FC United

Apparently in an interview with Russian magazine called 'Total Football' and printed in the November edition;

Question: Where, except “Manchester United”, would you want to play?

Giggs: “I can’t imagine playing for another club. But so you don’t accuse me of avoiding the answer, I can name one club – ‘FC United of Manchester’. This club is very close to me, as many of the supporters who formed it have supported me throughout my career, before the American Glazer bought Man. United a couple of years ago. They did not accept the change, as is their right. Eventually, their devotion to the club and to the city led to the creation of their own “Manchester United”. My brother plays there. If fate calls me to leave Man. United, I would only play for this team”

Legend.

So what are the FC haters going to do now, boo giggs?

(I followed up on this and it is legit - dont have a copy of the mag but the web site does show that there is an interview with giggs in the nov edition and a russian FC site is quoting it)

mag site here; http://totalfootball.ru/

Russian FC site here; http://fcunited.ru/readnews.php?no=54

Unread 29-11-2007, 03:50 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Rhodri Giggs has left FC, you should know that.

You've also now created a post for the anti-FCers to have a pop.

Well done

Unread 29-11-2007, 04:06 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Rhodri Giggs has left FC, you should know that.

You've also now created a post for the anti-FCers to have a pop.

Well done
The exact translation is somewhat debatable - it may have been 'my brother played there' rather than plays there as more than likely this interview was done during the time united went over to russia to play in the champions league and his brother had already left at that time...

£#%&! the anit fc'ers, they now have to accept that a true United legend and local lad fully supports FC and would consider playing for them.

Unread 29-11-2007, 04:09 AM
shenwen

there has already been a thread on this. but without the unnecessary shit stirring.

fancy that.

Unread 29-11-2007, 07:21 AM
croberts

FC has a russian site?

globalization already

Unread 29-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts
FC has a russian site?

globalization already
got to promote 'the brand' worldwide. Sell more shirts. And fridge magnets. Got to break into the asian market though; there's about 2 billion of them, if we can sell one fridge magnet to half of them for 50p we'll be well on our way to buying a stadium

We might even be able to throw in some free driving instructions, £#%&! knows they need them!

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:29 AM
elephantstone

is it true they sell Andy Walsh replica glasses in the megastore?

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Zorg

Do a bloody search first, Lou

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56917

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:39 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
is it true they sell Andy Walsh replica glasses in the megastore?
shouldnt laugh but

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
ah bollox. nevermind we're turning this thread into something else now, just not sure what yet. but i reckon there's some milage in selling the 2 billion asians fridge magnets, could well be on to something, better act quick before the glazers steal the idea.

Today, i woke up and just couldnt give a £#%&! about anything. Not this thread. Not my job. Not football. Not living. Not dying. Not breathing. Just couldnt give a flying £#%&!!

I need some jester midgets to entertain me. possibly nft.

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:43 AM
puressence

ryan isnt good enough to play for fc anymore

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
ah bollox. nevermind we're turning this thread into something else now, just not sure what yet.
Thanks for nicking my translation as well, you know I could charge for that.

0.05 pence per word!

Funnily enough that's about the hourly rate we could pay the fridge magnet makers.

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Thanks for nicking my translation as well, you know I could charge for that.

0.05 pence per word!

Funnily enough that's about the hourly rate we could pay the fridge magnet makers.
which translator did you use? google?

Unread 29-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Zorg

Quote:
which translator did you use? google?
Me, you cheeky c-word.

And before you start it is my job.

Though I must admit my Russian aint what it was.

Unread 29-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Me, you cheeky c-word.

And before you start it is my job.

Though I must admit my Russian aint what it was.
just £#%&!ing with ya!

So whats your primary second language and how many can you speak?

Unread 29-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Zorg

Quote:
just £#%&!ing with ya!

So whats your primary second language and how many can you speak?

French is my main one, I do Russian too but only easy stuff (like football) as it's much more time-consuming.

Unread 29-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:

French is my main one, I do Russian too but only easy stuff (like football) as it's much more time-consuming.
you should come over to Montreal and impress all the french canadian girls - they are hot as £#%&!, by far the most open minded of all the provinces..

I'm supposed to be learning spanish but am stuggling with time. if i didnt piss my time away on here i'd bed fluent by now.

Unread 29-11-2007, 10:14 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
you should come over to Montreal and impress all the french canadian girls - they are hot as £#%&!, by far the most open minded of all the provinces..

I'm supposed to be learning spanish but am stuggling with time. if i didnt piss my time away on here i'd bed fluent by now.
try and master English

Unread 29-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
try and master English
i've come as far as i can with that one. The way i see it, once you know the difference between your and you're - you know enough.

Unread 29-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Zorg

Quote:
i've come as far as i can with that one. The way i see it, once you know the difference between your and you're - you know enough.
I didn't think their was one
Closed Thread