United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Qwertyuiop

Theres more chance of Julian Clarey being able to grip a pencil with his bum cheeks than City respecting the silence. We all know this, so steps should have been taken well before now so that the 50th anniversary isnt spoiled.

Would the FA have let United go to Anfield on the 10th anniversary of Hillsborough? Would you trust some of our #@&%!s not to disrupt that silence?

Its a sorry state of affairs where a minutes silence cant be observed however with a bit of common sense and forward thinking we could have avoided this situation and given the 50th anniversary the respect that it deserves.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Argentina

£#%&! that.

'We think it is obvious that if there is a minute's silence some fool will interrupt it and this will reflect very badly not only on Manchester City but on Manchester and football supporters in general'

They just dont want to be shown up for the scum they are. A true tribute will be a minutes silence followed by 90 minutes applause.
I hope beyond hope that if they make a noise, United fans will just let it bubble within until the end of the minute, not respond, and make a £#%&!ing noise like never before throughout the 90 minutes. I'd be £#%&!ing proud then.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:31 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
Theres more chance of Julian Clarey being able to grip a pencil with his bum cheeks than City respecting the silence. We all know this, so steps should have been taken well before now so that the 50th anniversary isnt spoiled.

Would the FA have let United go to Anfield on the 10th anniversary of Hillsborough? Would you trust some of our #@&%!s not to disrupt that silence?

Its a sorry state of affairs where a minutes silence cant be observed however with a bit of common sense and forward thinking we could have avoided this situation and given the 50th anniversary the respect that it deserves.
tbh utd fans were there at anfield in 1992 and didnt respect the minutes silence for hboro .and i was in the £#%&!ing kop that day

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
£#%&! that.

'We think it is obvious that if there is a minute's silence some fool will interrupt it and this will reflect very badly not only on Manchester City but on Manchester and football supporters in general'

They just dont want to be shown up for the scum they are. A true tribute will be a minutes silence followed by 90 minutes applause.
I hope beyond hope that if they make a noise, United fans will just let it bubble within until the end of the minute, not respond, and make a £#%&!ing noise like never before throughout the 90 minutes. I'd be £#%&!ing proud then.
Spot on sir!

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
£#%&! that.

Meanwhile, back in reality......

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:36 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yeah, spot on.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:38 PM
1MUFC

Really looking forward to this game, it's the first one for ages that has a proper edge to it.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Meanwhile, back in reality......
Unlike ciddeh, I believe we have class that can outdo the #@&%!headedness element among our fans who want to retaliate during the minutes silence.
I think that we will control this element and encourage them to retaliate in good time, during and after the match.

In the Art of War, it says about not attacking just when seeing a weakness but when you can exploit that weakness.
In this case ciddehs weakness will be disrupting the silence, but it will make us just as bad to respond. Wait until the silence is over, otherwise you'll be tarred with the same brush.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:44 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
I don't know about that.

They turned up at the White Lion last year.
All 4 of them
Massive.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Unlike ciddeh, I believe we have class that can outdo the #@&%!headedness element among our fans who want to retaliate during the minutes silence.

I think that we will control this element and encourage them to retaliate in good time, during and after the match.
I wish I could agree with you. Personally I'm expecting a load of Stella'd up £#%&!ers to retaliate the moment anyone so much as farts. Too many seem to be looking forward to them spoiling it instead of thinking about what the day means.

Quote:
In the Art of War, it says about not attacking just when seeing a weakness but when you can exploit that weakness.
In this case ciddehs weakness will be disrupting the silence, but it will make us just as bad to respond. Wait until the silence is over, otherwise you'll be tarred with the same brush.
I dont understand this.

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:04 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:

Liverpool don't play on the anniversary of Hillsborough.

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
Liverpool don't play on the anniversary of Hillsborough.
Whats that got to do with the price of pencil cases?

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Argentina

Quote:
I dont understand this.
There's a story in the Art of War to illustrate it.
X of the Xing Dynasty wanted to conquer a land, ruled by Y. He sent a spy there to see if it was ripe for an attack. The spy reported back that it was full of old men, women and children. So Emporor X marched his army into the city in a relaxed fashion only for them to be ambushed.
They'd walked straight into a trap.
Similar to what United fans will be doing if they feel they are 'just' in shushing, jeering or booing ciddeh fans who disrupt the silence.
The whole thing will be reviewed as a farce that BOTH sets of fans ruined. Whereas, ciddeh fans can boo all they want, United fans only need be silent for ONE MINUTE and then they can do whatever the £#%&! they want.

The press will castigate ciddeh, while praising United, whose moment this is after all. £#%&! ciddeh, they will show themselves up and United fans will show true class, and dignity at a time when that is what is needed.

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Whats that got to do with the price of pencil cases?
Think it's summat to do with a dead chicken.

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
<snip>
The press will castigate ciddeh, while praising United, whose moment this is after all. £#%&! ciddeh, they will show themselves up and United fans will show true class, and dignity at a time when that is what is needed.
I dont think that the 50th anniversary is about showing up city and making us look good, its about remembering the victims of the Munich air disaster.

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:15 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
I dont think that the 50th anniversary is about showing up city and making us look good, its about remembering the victims of the Munich air disaster.
don't forget AIG. nft.

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Spot on. Ignore the £#%&!wits and show some class. Anythinfg else can be sorted out later.

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
There's a story in the Art of War to illustrate it.
X of the Xing Dynasty wanted to conquer a land, ruled by Y. He sent a spy there to see if it was ripe for an attack. The spy reported back that it was full of old men, women and children. So Emporor X marched his army into the city in a relaxed fashion only for them to be ambushed.
They'd walked straight into a trap.
Similar to what United fans will be doing if they feel they are 'just' in shushing, jeering or booing ciddeh fans who disrupt the silence.
The whole thing will be reviewed as a farce that BOTH sets of fans ruined. Whereas, ciddeh fans can boo all they want, United fans only need be silent for ONE MINUTE and then they can do whatever the £#%&! they want.

applying the art of war to this situation?

a first surely?

thankfully

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Argentina

Quote:
And we'll do that by not responding to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
applying the art of war to this situation?

a first surely?

thankfully
You can apply it to your whole life. Tremendous read. Spiritually fulfilling

Unread 22-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Exactly. we can score points against city anytime (literally) this isn't about that.
Closed Thread