United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 24-02-2010, 12:40 PM
stella118

Default G&G End of the Line??

Although I love the idea of G&G it seems like it is now having little to no effect. Does anyone else agree that things need to be stepped up to the next level?

Have no idea really what this would be, but think that it needs to be something that will hit them in the pocket after all thats all they are interested in. I'm not saying that we should stop G&G and believe that it was a really good idea and way to show what we thought but it now seems to be falling a bit flat.

Was watching the game last night on foregin TV, there was a bloke behind SAF with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers beenie hat on. Thought to myself what a £#%&!ing #@&%!, then on the next time he was on camera realised that he was wearing a bloody G&G scarf!!! Talk about missing the point!!

Unread 24-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Sullingtons

Having no effect? It's getting alot of coverage and the longer it's held, the bigger it will get. Probably the best thing the fans have done tbhh.

Unread 24-02-2010, 12:55 PM
stella118

I meant that its having little to no effect as to getting done what we all want. Yeah coverage is great, and I'm not saying that it should end. Just that how far can it really take us.

If history tells us anything the 'powers at be' dont really care what the people think, I'm thinking about 2 million people marching against the war etc.

Just disussing maybe its time to move things on. I thinking a boycott of all offical sponsered, a walk out / late entry on Sunday.

Unread 24-02-2010, 12:56 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella118
I meant that its having little to no effect as to getting done what we all want. Yeah coverage is great, and I'm not saying that it should end. Just that how far can it really take us.

If history tells us anything the 'powers at be' dont really care what the people think, I'm thinking about 2 million people marching against the war etc.

Just disussing maybe its time to move things on. I thinking a boycott of all offical sponsered, a walk out / late entry on Sunday.
Why would that suddenly work now?

Unread 24-02-2010, 01:11 PM
pcp

I think the green and gold will be more effective later in the season, namely when it's not baltic, at the minute it's jusyt scarves so when people see it on tv it's only a tiny % against a mass of dark coats, in spring tho when people hopefully start going in green and yellow t-shirts it should be a lot more effective, every photo of a goal would have a background of it

Unread 24-02-2010, 02:06 PM
stella118

I'm not saying these extra things would work but seems a natural progression from G&G. Also think that it is dangerous to just sit back and think

"Well I'm wearing G&G, singing anti songs at games and showing that I'm not happy with how things are - there nothing more I can do"

Unread 24-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
there was a bloke behind SAF with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers beenie hat on. Thought to myself what a £#%&!ing #@&%!, then on the next time he was on camera realised that he was wearing a bloody G&G scarf!!! Talk about missing the point!!
think it's you who's missed the point

LBHG

Unread 24-02-2010, 04:06 PM
MUFC One Love

2 lads last night in Green and Gold jester hats buying stuff to drink/eat etc.

Unread 24-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Bunker Buster

The Green and Gold has been a great way of raising the profile of the Protests (this time round....)

There HAS to be a next stage/Level but im sure the powers that be and Supporters associations and militants are looking at different things.

It was always going to be jumped all over by a contingent of know nowts.

Milan last year i was asked by a Bristol red, if UWS was a programme from a home game! where could he buy one? what was it all about.

70% of united home fans really don't 'get' united as Fanzine readers internet forum users, long term reds with history and dare i say local reds who live breath united day in day out., too many the game and back to the car is as far as the get, that's their choice their way....

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
2 lads last night in Green and Gold jester hats buying stuff to drink/eat etc.
If you've got a problem say something to my face next time, ok pal???

Unread 24-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

and dare i say local reds who live breath united day in day out.
How bloody dare you

Unread 25-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Gruber

Quote:

Was watching the game last night on foregin TV, there was a bloke behind SAF with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers beenie hat on. Thought to myself what a £#%&!ing #@&%!, then on the next time he was on camera realised that he was wearing a bloody G&G scarf!!! Talk about missing the point!!
Noticed that myself.

It's been stated before that sadly there will be masses of fans who think the G&G is cool and will buy the scarves, jesters hats etc.. just to be part of it, not at all for the true reason behind the campaign.

Unread 25-02-2010, 05:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
If you've got a problem say something to my face next time, ok pal???
Tbf you'd have probably thought it was some 'footy' banter if I had said out.