United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Wafty Crank

Default So, how good was Bentley's goal?

Goal of the season, according to the BBC.

Link, anyone?

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:57 PM
elhombre

it were a guddun.

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Bunker Buster

it wasnt that good...........Controlled it well and hit it from about 45...

Keeper should have stopped it....

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

you really are a pill. Mr £#%&!ing killjoy.

He teed it up for himself 40 yards out and volleyed it in ffs.

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:

£#%&! off

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Bunker Buster

FFS this forum sometimes.........

Great goal....

Goal of the season..............Nar....

Genius berbatov flick......

Nar.........

I bet 60% of the forum (football players) have done things like that in the game before...

i have done both.....(berbs and Bents) sometimes they come off sometimes they dont.

GOTS.......GENIUS............

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Rossi the Red

Bentley's goal was £#%&!in outrageous....watch it again. Jenas chests it to him....he then controls it and volleys it...at this point the ball still aint even touched the ground!!

I hope ur wummin FFS!

Sparky***

Quote:

Great goal....

Nar.........

I bet 60% of the forum (football players) have done things like that in the game before...

i have done both.....(berbs and Bents) sometimes they come off sometimes they dont.

you're not going to suck me in again. Bunker you £#%&!ing wum!!

Wafty Crank

Quote:

Having seen it, I agree that the keeper should have done better. Still a great goal.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
Having seen it, I agree that the keeper should have done better. Still a great goal.
thank you WC...........

He wasn't expecting the shot, but had a terrible starting position and his attempt at a save was awful............

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Zorg

You can't set yourself up. Should have been booked.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:08 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

Great goal....

Nar.........

fergie, sign him up!!

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
thank you WC...........

He wasn't expecting the shot, but had a terrible starting position and his attempt at a save was awful............
Thats cos he had no £#%&!ing right to volley from that far out...how many other keepers would of 'expected' that!?

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Ether

Benny Hill keeping.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
thank you WC...........

I'm always suspicious of keepers trying to save with their 'wrong' hand whilst diving. Should have used his left hand there, poor effort.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I'm always suspicious of keepers trying to save with their 'wrong' hand whilst diving. Should have used his left hand there, poor effort.
Nah WC, his right was the proper hand there. When you dive to your left, your right shoulder is higher off the ground than your left (face a mirror, lean over to your left, keeping your chest facing the mirror, and you'll see what I mean), so his right hand is always going to be able to reach higher. Called the "top hand" save.

If anything let him down it was his footwork. Took him too long to scramble into a position to dive.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Nah WC, his right was the proper hand there. When you dive to your left, your right shoulder is higher off the ground than your left (face a mirror, lean over to your left, keeping your chest facing the mirror, and you'll see what I mean), so his right hand is always going to be able to reach higher. Called the "top hand" save.

If anything let him down it was his footwork. Took him too long to scramble into a position to dive.
Obviously I know little about goalkeeping. But did he really need to be diving to one side there? He shouldn't have. Which I suppose means I also think he was £#%&!ing slow reading the flight of the ball (your point).

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Obviously I know little about goalkeeping. But did he really need to be diving to one side there? He shouldn't have. Which I suppose means I also think he was £#%&!ing slow reading the flight of the ball (your point).
Agreed, what really got him in trouble was tracking straight back, and slowly, instead of angling to his left.

I will say that those volleys hit with topspin are a nightmare to deal with. At its apex that ball was probably 30 feet off the ground, so he probably thought it was going well over the bar. Then the spin takes over and it nosedives. You just don't get many shots like that in training.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

he is correct
Closed Thread