United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:00 PM
jem

Default not the diaby > fletcherpark thread

let's be honest... our midfield is barely adequate. ronaldo is... sorry was.... world player of the year (even if he technically is, it is based on history, not current form). carrick is underrated, but essential. giggs can play in the centre against weak opposition.

we have no credible left wing and, in the absence of hargreaves, no credible partner for carrick. if we play against a strong midfield, we'll be overrun. we've been lucky that everyone else in the world is shit at the moment.

scholes - rash tackles, incredible range of passing if given space, wayward shooting.

fletch - runs around a lot. no thanks.

park - runs around a lot. no thanks.

gibson - still looks a bit overawed if you ask me.

anderson - no positional sense. no sense. may never score for united.

nani - slap him from monday to friday and he might put in a mature, controlled performance on saturday.

under the circumstances, I'd be happy if we had diaby in the squad instead of either fletcher or park. or both of them.

fergie can say this squad is better than 99 if he likes - but our current first choice midfield (excluding hargreaves) simply isn't. beckham - keane - scholes - giggs, all at the peak of their careers and with a beautiful balance. we don't even come close now. butt as a stand-in wasn't too shabby either, not to mention that ronnie j could step forward and we had plenty of adequate defenders to fill in for him. and we had four credible strikers instead of two (I'm being generous to berbatov).

our weakness in midfield will be exposed over the next 3 months. let's hope essien doesn't get fit any time soon.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM
jem

Default oh, yeah

and when I said we should ship danny murphy in a couple of years ago for a million as a stopgap replacement for keane, I think you can all see now what a sensible idea that was. thank you.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Lok

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
Yup.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
jem

Default you're suggesting

that I am great man who could lead our nation's capital in my sleep?

good call.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
silv

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:06 PM
jem

Default I've got

a link to a video of someone banging his #@&%! on door handle if you prefer.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a link to a video of someone banging his #@&%! on door handle if you prefer.
giddy up

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:12 PM
dunk

I would agree that the midfield is the only area of our squad which doesn't strike fear in the heart of everyone in Europe, but the rest of what you wrote is crap.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:12 PM
marlo

only chelsea have a midfield that id say could rival ours tbh.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:13 PM
red @rmy

Diaby is shit, motwyw.

Players who get games ahead of him.

Denilson
Fabregas
Rosicky
Nasri
Arsharvin
Song
Ramsey

He's a super sub, without being super.

Smeggs

what do you call a deer with no eyes?

red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs

Trevor.

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs

blindy

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I would agree that the midfield is the only area of our squad which doesn't strike fear in the heart of everyone in Europe, but the rest of what you wrote is crap.
i dont think any midfields in europe strike fear in anyone tbh.

its all about functioning as a unit now.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:15 PM
My Name is Keith

Jem,

you've been absent from these shores, or so it seems to me for some time, so I thought I'd pop into your 'football thread' to catch up.

How are you?

Are you still a banker?

Are you personally responsible for getting us into this economic mess?

Do you still stand by your predictions of circa 2007 that we'd win £#%&! all that year and that the squad was shambolic.

Were you right to suggest that Fergie had to leave circa 2005/6?

Is Fergie still the wrong man for the job?

Do you still rate Veron?

Did you know that Veron is considered the most expensive player on the planet (in transfer fee terms) notwithstanding the fact that he was singularly shite from the moment United bought him through to the present day?

And lastly, do you believe that hindsight is a wonderful thing?

Kisses,

Keith

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
trevor.

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
BarryX

Default this thread =

(thats right its Jem.... 'aving a bubble bath guvnor.)

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville

(thats right its Jem.... 'aving a bubble bath guvnor.)
is carlton palmer in there with him?

Unread 04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Sorry, when I mentioned 'were you right that Fergie had to leave circa 2005/2006', I meant to say 'every year following 1999'.
Closed Thread