Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2018, 12:29 PM
andyroo

That escalated quickly

Unread 23-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It’s not the end of the world - just recognition of where we are at.

Which is: We’re a top 6 side with no chance in the cl and a bit of a chance in one of the domestic cups. We have an abysmal set of owners who know nothing about the game, have little interest in it but do recognise the power of the brand and it’s franchise. We have a miserable negative manager who’s primary tactic is to try to knock it up to the lump of a striker named in this thread who more often than not, looks like he’s playing football for the first time. The squad is littered with average joes and the ones that aren’t average decide when and how they will perform - their primary motivation ensuring that their personal brands are not overly damaged through association. Oh, and our two biggest rivals are currently enjoying a very successful period playing a style of football widely admired around the world.

This all comes off the back of twenty odd years of unbridled success in which we dominated every facet of the game playing great football all over the world winning every competition we could.

A draw against wolves in the context of a more positive back story would be fine. A draw when we are desperately trying to drag ourselves up off our knees after an appalling start is a big set back - especially when we are battling all those issues mentioned above. That’s perhaps why mou mou is as upset as he is?
Bang on.

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Jethro

It's absolutely painful to watch some of the chances he's presented with go begging. Only just caught up on the highlights and the flick from Martial towards the end of the game completely sums him up. A world class striker doesn't hesitate in that manner. Fellaini being pissed off with him just shows where we're at.

Shite.

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:20 PM
puressence

Bad game ffs ... feeding of nothing

Unread 23-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It’s not the end of the world - just recognition of where we are at.

Which is: We’re a top 6 side with no chance in the cl and a bit of a chance in one of the domestic cups. We have an abysmal set of owners who know nothing about the game, have little interest in it but do recognise the power of the brand and it’s franchise. We have a miserable negative manager who’s primary tactic is to try to knock it up to the lump of a striker named in this thread who more often than not, looks like he’s playing football for the first time. The squad is littered with average joes and the ones that aren’t average decide when and how they will perform - their primary motivation ensuring that their personal brands are not overly damaged through association. Oh, and our two biggest rivals are currently enjoying a very successful period playing a style of football widely admired around the world.

This all comes off the back of twenty odd years of unbridled success in which we dominated every facet of the game playing great football all over the world winning every competition we could.

A draw against wolves in the context of a more positive back story would be fine. A draw when we are desperately trying to drag ourselves up off our knees after an appalling start is a big set back - especially when we are battling all those issues mentioned above. That’s perhaps why mou mou is as upset as he is?
Excellent.

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We're shite. Not Moyes/LvG level shite but shite nonetheless. It's not an overreaction to be pissed off that we're already 8pts behind the leaders. P6 W3 L2 D1 is a very poor record when you see who we've played.

Lukaku isn't really the problem though.
He is certainly far from our biggest one.

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Jethro

Having a near 90 million pound striker have the anticipation skills of an oap at a roundabout is a pretty big problem tbh.

Unread 23-09-2018, 05:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Having a near 90 million pound striker have the anticipation skills of an oap at a roundabout is a pretty big problem tbh.
Oh it is. But not as big as some of our other problems.

Unread 23-09-2018, 06:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

The main guy who can take the pressure off the team and the manager and we’ve got a lump who keeps putting his rear wiper on when he should indicating left. Shocking service mind but he was awful.

Unread 23-09-2018, 06:30 PM
ziggyman17

A £#%&!ing donkey............ Cole, Yorke, Ole, Teddy, Saha, Ruud, Rooney, Van Persie,all strikers we have had in the last 20yrs miles better than this lump...

Unread 23-09-2018, 06:48 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Maybe the @#%&! should try make by some runs and stop sitting back on his heels. Hardly challenged for lots of the hoofs.

Valencia was worse but not by much.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

he's the black hames (james) wilson, who was the white mame biram diouf.

Unread 23-09-2018, 07:16 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he's the black hames (james) wilson, who was the white mame biram diouf.
Not sure if racist...

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:04 PM
red in cumbria

Dunno either, it *is* painfully over-contrived though

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:16 PM
redhegemony

He’s an odd one as he has all the physical attributes is strong and quick and technically not bad he seems brave enough and committed - not clinical enough but that could get better.

I just don’t think he reads the game well enough and can naturally anticipate so doesn’t get in the right place often enough. I’m not sure that will get any better at that. He doesn’t seem to have the ability to pull away from defenders and find space.

And he gets caught off side when he shouldn’t which also suggests a lack of awareness.

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:25 PM
sa7

Quote:
Particularly when the miserable @#%&! in charge considers him undroppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
He’s an odd one as he has all the physical attributes is strong and quick and technically not bad he seems brave enough and committed - not clinical enough but that could get better.
The main problem is he’s £#%&!ing thick.

I dare say his physical attributes enabled him to forge the big reputation he had as a kid. However there’s not so much of a gap in physical ability between himself and opponents now he’s playing against men, so when he’s not able to bully them or his team mates don’t put it on a plate he’s absolutely stumped.

On the rare occasion he does control the ball in tight areas, he has no idea what to do with it because he completely lacks awareness of what’s going on around him.

Give him chances and he’ll score, but he will never win us a game on his own with a moment of brilliance. I’d therefore suggest that he isn’t living up to the requirements of a £75m striker.

Unread 23-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

I just don’t think he reads the game well enough and can naturally anticipate so doesn’t get in the right place often enough. I’m not sure that will get any better at that. He doesn’t seem to have the ability to pull away from defenders and find space.

And he gets caught off side when he shouldn’t which also suggests a lack of awareness.

Unread 25-09-2018, 05:28 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
You’re right, the service is £#%&!ing abysmal. I remember us slinging in about 1000 crosses under Moyes when our front 2 was Mata & Rooney. Now we have a 6’4” Goliath we £#%&! around & neither of our fullbacks seem able or willing to cross it.
In saying that Lukaku did £#%&! up the one decent cross he got on to & put in one of the poorest displays I have ever seen from a Utd striker . He just didn’t seem interested, he was dominated by CB’s nowhere near as big or strong & his 1st touch wasn’t so much a touch as a ricochet

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Wellinever

Default He does a job for the team???

Lukaku is becoming another of the players who we seem to increasingly be saying, "yes, not a top drawer player... but he can do a job for the team".

The trouble is the manager never knows when that 'job' will get done, or if all the other 'job to be done' players will do theirs at the same time, or if others understand what each 'job to done' is, by their colleagues and what to do, when the 'job to be done' is not being done!

Saturday was probably Lukaku's worst performance, he looked completely out of it, always a split second behind his marker getting to the ball all afternoon, at times stood like a statue, never once %@#$&!ing colleagues for giving him a bad ball, just a friendly wave towards the offender, almost to say 'thanks for thinking of me'
Not often would I admit to feeling sorry for Jose, but with this current squad, knowing what they will deliver each game must be a nightmare!

Unread 25-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Lukaku is becoming another of the players who we seem to increasingly be saying, "yes, not a top drawer player... but he can do a job for the team".

The trouble is the manager never knows when that 'job' will get done, or if all the other 'job to be done' players will do theirs at the same time, or if others understand what each 'job to done' is, by their colleagues and what to do, when the 'job to be done' is not being done!

Saturday was probably Lukaku's worst performance, he looked completely out of it, always a split second behind his marker getting to the ball all afternoon, at times stood like a statue, never once %@#$&!ing colleagues for giving him a bad ball, just a friendly wave towards the offender, almost to say 'thanks for thinking of me'
Not often would I admit to feeling sorry for Jose, but with this current squad, knowing what they will deliver each game must be a nightmare!
Closed Thread