United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2014, 06:37 PM
ericcantona

Would have always chosen Martinez over Moyes, said so on here before Moyes had even been officially announced.

Unread 19-04-2014, 06:37 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Spanish shit @#%&!

Unread 19-04-2014, 06:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
Spanish shit @#%&!
What's your beef with him, pol?

Unread 19-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Aman27deep

Spot the difference

Moyes: "We"ll try to finish in the top 4 next season"

Martinez: "Manchester United will be league title challengers next season"

Unread 19-04-2014, 10:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What's your beef with him, pol?
They're fresh from a pretty damaging home defeat to Crystal Pulis. They also bottled their derby pretty badly. Okay he's a million miles better than Moyes, but that's not hard, you probably are. He's not exactly a miracle worker.

Unread 19-04-2014, 10:59 PM
armchair

My worry is we'll go from the frying pan ans into the fire by hiring Martinez next. He's better than Moyes, no doubt, but he's nothing compared to the top managers.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:02 PM
jaybrightonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
My worry is we'll go from the frying pan ans into the fire by hiring Martinez next. He's better than Moyes, no doubt, but he's nothing compared to the top managers.
My worry is moyes will still be here

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Michael Myers

Quote:
Klopp should be the only choice. I always used to say Ferguson's replacement needed to fulfil three things: attacking football, European experience, and blooding youngsters. (Guess how many Moyes ticked). Klopp has all of these things. Even if we didn't win anything, the football would be exciting. He'd give us an identity, he'd employ a philosophy. Entering games with the intention of actually winning games, not trying not to lose.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:21 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
Why would one of the biggest club in the world hire a man with no European experience

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:23 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
Why would one of the biggest club in the world hire a man with no European experience
because he's scottish?

oh you mean martinez. he is european.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:52 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
He's only 40, plenty of time to develop further into a top, top manager and by all accounts he has the right attributes to do so.

I'm convinced he will turn out to be a brilliant manager, one who would be perfect for United.

Unread 20-04-2014, 12:02 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
He's only 40, plenty of time to develop further into a top, top manager and by all accounts he has the right attributes to do so.

I'm convinced he will turn out to be a brilliant manager, one who would be perfect for United.
He's a bit bipolar imo. There's far better options than him. No doubt he would've been a much better choice than moyes though.

Unread 08-05-2014, 11:25 AM
believe

Any truth in the rumour that Spurs are after him? He'd be £#%&!ing mental to leave Everton now, especially for them spineless @#%&!s.

Unread 08-05-2014, 03:10 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Any truth in the rumour that Spurs are after him? He'd be £#%&!ing mental to leave Everton now, especially for them spineless @#%&!s.
He is the type to turn spurs down.

Didn't he say no to liverpool while at wigan?

Unread 08-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He us the type to turn spurs down.

Didn't he say no to liverpool while at wigan?
He was interviewed before Rodgers.

Unread 08-05-2014, 03:20 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He was interviewed before Rodgers.
yeah that's right.
Im sure he was the fave & said no.

Unread 08-05-2014, 03:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
If we improve next year, is he likely to better 5th with Everton? There's a limit on what they can achieve; he's probably found it already.

He's built on his reputation massively this season. Making the next jump so quickly might not be a bad idea.

Unread 08-05-2014, 03:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If we improve next year, is he likely to better 5th with Everton? There's a limit on what they can achieve; he's probably found it already.

He's built on his reputation massively this season. Making the next jump so quickly might not be a bad idea.
everton wont sack him. spurs will once its clear he cant get 4th...which he wont now we dont have moyes.

Unread 08-05-2014, 04:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
everton wont sack him. spurs will once its clear he cant get 4th...which he wont now we dont have moyes.
Yeah, not sure he should join Spurs tbh. Bit of a reputation killer that job. But there's not much more to be achieved at Everton, surely?

Milan job might be up.

Unread 08-05-2014, 04:35 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, not sure he should join Spurs tbh. Bit of a reputation killer that job. But there's not much more to be achieved at Everton, surely?

Milan job might be up.
Yes i can see him leaving for another league OR if he does very well at everton next year, .....arsenal.
Closed Thread