United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
This is what Neville said about going to Everton

No pressure and we can enjoy ourselves, enjoy being out of the title chase, enjoy Liverpool taking our trophy, enjoy no champions league football next season. What a £#%&!ing laugh we're all having thanks to you and your mates Phil, you useless dick.
It's just one long nightmare, Moyes has some strange kind of hold over people - how has he convinced all and sundry to accept his mediocrity in just a few months ... it's Club wide, owners, staff, players, fans??

The worse we get the more they all seem determined to back him, it's utterly £#%&!ing bizarre.

'Your job now is to back your manager' ... how can one sentence carry so much weight and blind so many people into not seeing what is staring them squarely in the face?

I can't get my head round it, if the Glazers don't act they are effectively saying they'd rather risk ruining their cash cow and all the money that goes with it, than make SAF and Bobby like like a pair of dicks.

They can't be that stupid surely... it was bad enough employing him in the first place, but FFS he's demonstrated as clearly as is humanly possible what is coming if they stick with him...

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I don't believe that happened. I think that's when it was decided to get rid of him. I think the story has been put out there because it's preparing the fans for how it's going to play out. He's already been told he's going, which is why he no longer looks so stressed recently and the players have started giving a shit again, but it's been agreed between moyes and the club for it to be stage managed so both parties can save face. The public story when the time comes will be that he's offered his resignation again and the club have reluctantly agreed. This allows the club to save face over their bullshit about giving managers time, and helps moyes reputation in his efforts to get another job.
"Mutual consent"... plausible I suppose. I still don't trust the club to do what they have to though, for the reasons Sparky says.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
I don't believe that happened. I think that's when it was decided to get rid of him. I think the story has been put out there because it's preparing the fans for how it's going to play out. He's already been told he's going, which is why he no longer looks so stressed recently and the players have started giving a shit again, but it's been agreed between moyes and the club for it to be stage managed so both parties can save face. The public story when the time comes will be that he's offered his resignation again and the club have reluctantly agreed. This allows the club to save face over their bullshit about giving managers time, and helps moyes reputation in his efforts to get another job.
I seriously hope you're right but this is a Club that has £#%&!ed so many things up over the last 5 or 6 years, nothing would surprise me.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:18 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Phil Nev today saying that we're in good form - in our last game we were knocked out of Europe you £#%&!ing #@&%!.
Yeah, but we didn't get dicked against a giant European club who are European champions, so that counts as good form for moyes and his ilk who run a club that's just happy to be there and enjoy the experience of playing in the champions league. We should be thankful really.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:20 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Moyes was left a perfectly adequate squad that should have easily qualified for the champions league, even with all it's obvious flaws. A manager with some balls and a clue could have done that.

However, that doesn't excuse the rot that's been allowed to set in under the latter years of Fergie's tenure. Right from the first team down to our youth set up, we have stagnated and been left behind by clubs that have embraced a more modern approach whilst we continue to operate in pre historic fashion.

As a club we have no clear footballing ethos and objectives other than "lets get a hardworking scot in and hope for the best". The footballing side of the club has been neglected in favour of relentless pursuit of sponsors and securing big marketing deals.
We don't have much but I don't understand throwing what little we have to the wayside. For instance, Manchester United used to try to win every game. Under Moyes he has explicitly said BEFORE games that he'd be happy with a draw or 'something' from the game.

Forget all the tactical stuff, when you go from trying to win every game to trying to get something from games then no matter who you are your results will disimprove.

It's an old, old thing. Go from a draw and a draw is the best you'll likely do.

Last season United tried win all their games. This season we didn't. That's the difference. Not formations. Not squads. Just intent. Last season we had a winner in charge, with a winners attitude. This season we have a loser.

Ask RVP. He's played for a tactical genius who was able to develop kids brilliantly and play the beautiful game. But RVP won nothing there.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Ask RVP. He's played for a tactical genius who was able to develop kids brilliantly and play the beautiful game. But RVP won nothing there.
apart from the league... oh.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
"Mutual consent"... plausible I suppose. I still don't trust the club to do what they have to though, for the reasons Sparky says.
I trust them to sack him. I just don't trust them to attract a manager I'd want.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Fat Al

It's past the time for sacking.

Merely removing him from the job is no longer sufficient

He's been targeted for termination.

It's the only way to be sure.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
I seriously hope you're right but this is a Club that has £#%&!ed so many things up over the last 5 or 6 years, nothing would surprise me.
The £#%&! up won't be in not sacking him, it will be who they appoint in his place.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
The £#%&! up won't be in not sacking him, it will be who they appoint in his place.

Unread 19-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Yeah that's crossed my mind I must admit, - one thing at a time though, let's get this clown out first before we see which other clown they replace him with.

Unread 20-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Myers
Cafu? Tremendous player.
Clearly talking about Danny Mills.

Unread 20-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Crashbulldog

Now we'll lose to Sunderland too.

Unread 20-04-2014, 03:29 AM
Crashbulldog

Quote:
I don't believe that happened. I think that's when it was decided to get rid of him. I think the story has been put out there because it's preparing the fans for how it's going to play out. He's already been told he's going, which is why he no longer looks so stressed recently and the players have started giving a shit again, but it's been agreed between moyes and the club for it to be stage managed so both parties can save face. The public story when the time comes will be that he's offered his resignation again and the club have reluctantly agreed. This allows the club to save face over their bullshit about giving managers time, and helps moyes reputation in his efforts to get another job by the team playing better and getting improved results before he goes and also not having a sacking on his public record.
LOL stop copying my comment. That was my idea.

Unread 20-04-2014, 03:35 AM
believe

how the £#%&! has this gone so badly wrong?!

Unread 20-04-2014, 03:50 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
£30 mill on a left back in Shaw, looks a good prospect but for that money you should be getting one of the best full backs in the world, at the prime of his career.

Close to £40 mill on Carvahlo, having a breakthrough season in Portugal, but unproven at a higher level. Will be interesting to watch him at the World Cup, his direct competition for a midfield place are the fairly average pair of Miguel Veloso and Raul Merieles.

A lot of money on players who would need to be developed.
That era has now gone tbh.

All the big money goes on youngsters who are still early into their careers approaching their peak.

Look at Hazard, Oscar, bale, isco, illaramendi, neymar, marquinhos, gotze transfers

Look at the money being quoted for the likes of benatia, griezmann, draxler, barkley etc All significantly above 30m

Would be delighted if we got shaw tbh. We made the mistake of not going for bale much earlier with big money, can't be doing the same again.

Unread 20-04-2014, 06:35 AM
Crashbulldog

Big big match today. Must lose.

Unread 20-04-2014, 06:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbulldog
Big big match today. Must lose.
agreed, there is absolutely no good to come out of beating Everton today. How the £#%&! did that happen in twelve months?

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:10 AM
Crashbulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
agreed, there is absolutely no good to come out of beating Everton today. How the £#%&! did that happen in twelve months?
And it should be like Olympiacos away where we could not string two passes together. Its baffling people called 3-0 a great performance when RVP saved our ass and then we defended like a relegation avoiding team.
Disgusting.

Unread 20-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

How fitting it would be today on Hitler's birthday for saf, SBC and the corpse to take cyanide in a bunker.
Closed Thread