United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Sparky***

Default I think we all need to face up to the fact that Liverpool are going to win the league

In the grand scheme of this season it's the only logical conclusion that I can come to which is in keeping with the general theme of awfulness. I think we should all take a moment to recoil in horror at just what a huge part we've managed to play in their title charge by gifting them 6 points and putting a +4 on their already mammoth goal difference.

The funny thing is if we didn't despise them so much as rivals there's actually a lot to admire about what they've done there. They've managed to assemble a team of players who apart from Suarez aren't superstars but they've worked relentlessly on a system and built a team to excel at it. For them to beat the likes of Chelsea and Man City to a title would be a huge achievement. The speed, movement and interchanging between their players today was light-years ahead of the slow, predictable, plodding rubbish we served up.

The sheer amount of time our players were taking on the ball was staggering in comparison to Liverpool's who were all popping off first time passes and moving into space to receive it again. I lost count of the amount of times our players were caught dawdling on the ball, taking 2-3 touches to keep the move going. Then when we did actually manage to get some first time passes going, they were inaccurate,chest high and smacked of piss-poor technique; looked like something you'd see down hackney marshes.

We had a huge chance to put a dent in their title hopes today and we didn't just fail, we managed to fail whilst embodying all that is awful about football in this country in general; over-rated players on 200k a week who can't pass the ball first time with a manager who bases his style around awful percentage crap. 1 shot on target at home to our most bitter rivals is something that should not be forgotten or forgiven. They've never ever been as accommodating to us at Anfield as we were to them today, even when they had Nigel Clough and Neil Ruddock playing for them. Unforgivable.

The title is in their hands if they turn City and Chelsea over at Anfield, which given how they'll all be buzzing and believing after that today will be no huge surprise. It would be the most apt footnote to a season which will forever be used as the modern-day barometer of shite, we all thought 2011-12 would never be surpassed but Moyes has broken yet another record in double quick time, he's dragged us to depths that nobody could have forseen or thought possible.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:41 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

I've thought this for months tbh. I'm convinced they'll win it. Sickening.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:41 PM
believe

Ripping my passport up if they do.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:43 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Ripping my passport up if they do.
good luck ripping the laminated part

Manutd1999

If they win their games v Citeh and Chavski they've won the league I think

Really horrible choice of teams for the league this year- citeh chavski or Liverpool

Jethro

The media will go into free fall. Channel 4 documentaries of the great occasion £#%&!, even VH1 will do a special. Queue a summer of them harping on about their divine right and how it's for the 96.

It must not happen.

Blagger

The thought of us gifting Gerard a premiership medal knocks me sick, tbh.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:45 PM
mikey_red

If they win the league I will cut my teeth out, I will be that £#%&!ed off.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:45 PM
djsst

Yep , had this feeling for a while. Just booked holiday for the last two weeks of the season to get away from it. Can't take it

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:46 PM
rafabio

1. Team in form
2. Team with the momentum
3. Team getting most number of breaks
4. Team with the least number of fixtures.

nailed on liverpool imo

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:47 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Remember when the mantra was they wouldn't even finish in the top four?

I've had this feeling all season about them winning it. Sickening.

The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The media will go into free fall. Channel 4 documentaries of the great occasion £#%&!, even VH1 will do a special. Queue a summer of them harping on about their divine right and how it's for the 96.

It must not happen.
It was written, 25th anniversary of the crush etc. The Justice League of Anfield must be getting wet at the prospect tbh.

This is all Fergie's £#%&!ing fault.

rafabio

1. Team in form

nailed on liverpool imo

irk

it's got that feeling of inevitability about it like 2005.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:50 PM
My Name is Keith

I think they'll do it. Today was the day I actually thought we might destroy their chances but we've conspired to make them far far stronger.

Unbelievable.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:50 PM
believe

1. Team in form

nailed on liverpool imo

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Aman27deep

This season has been a nightmare and Liverpool winning the league would just sum it up. Moyes has gifted them 6 points.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:57 PM
rustling jimmies

I still think Chelsea and City will finish first and second respectively however Liverpool will run them both close.

Unread 16-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Withers

Not for one minute have I ever thought they had a chance of winning it, still don't

Unread 16-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Chipsauce

Yep they'll win it no doubt about it!

I blame Fergus,Charlton, Moyes and Rooney...
Closed Thread