United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2013, 10:56 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Fergie Press Conference Notes (including Team News)

Quote:
'Wayne Rooney will bé here next year. He understood exactly what we were doing (tactically v Real)"
Quote:
On Wayne Rooney
The Wayne Rooney nonsense first? Or do you want to talk sense? The issue you're all going on about is rubbish. There's absolutely no issue between Wayne Rooney and I. The suggestion we don't talk on the training ground is nonsense. The decision to not play him was purely tactical and he understood that. Wayne will be here next year. You have my word on that.

On refereeing decisions and defeat to Real
It's hard to keep your faith when you see what's happened the last few years. It's the third time we've been knocked out because of that. It's not easy to take but we're Manchester United and we have to get on with it. We now have an important issue of an FA Cup tie on Sunday. My job is to galvanise the troops, who were fantastic on Tuesday. So were the fans. We owe them a good performance.

Chelsea on Sunday
It's a home draw and I always say that if you get a home draw you're happy. Hopefully we can navigate that and get through. Giggs won't play on Sunday because he was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday. He's done his bit for us this week. Now we'll rest him and prepare him for next week. Phil Jones won't be ready for Sunday. He'll be available for the following week, though. Rooney will be involved on Sunday.
More to come.

Hopefully he has a pop at that fat @#%&! too (Benitez)

Unread 08-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
More to come.

Hopefully he has a pop at that fat @#%&! too (Benitez)
I spat my coffee out when I read this today

Quote:
Their relationship was not always heated, however. The men first met in 1999 when, out of work after his departure from the now defunct Extremadura in 1999, Benitez and his right-hand man, Pako Ayesteran, spent a week at United's Carrington training ground watching and learning from Ferguson and his assistant at the time, Steve McClaren.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:01 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
spent a week at United's Carrington training ground watching and learning from Ferguson and his assistant at the time, Steve McClaren
I imagine Steve McClaren taught him English too.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:02 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Two papers banned from United until they apologise.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Which ones? All the ones I read were pretty supportive.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:07 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Marca & Liverpool Echo

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Not sure mate.

Ginners

Quote:
ffs

embarassing from fergie

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Marca & Liverpool Echo
Even Marca were behind us for the most part!

Quote:
Not sure mate.
No probs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
ffs

embarassing from fergie
Innit? :shakehead:

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:10 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
ffs

embarassing from fergie
Is it £#%&!. The rest should be thankful for every single word the great man bothers to say to them.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:11 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Is it £#%&!. The rest should be thankful for every single word the great man bothers to say to them.
Mourinho had it spot on Tuesday night.

"I am, and you are nobodies compared to Sir Alex"

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
:cringe:

aardvark

Quote:
Even Marca were behind us for the most part!

No probs.

Innit? :shakehead:
£#%&! em. they all ran a story designed to destabilise United and they all knew that it was 100% speculation when they ran it. They've tried to manufacture a damaging rift at United and it's not the first time either.

That Boy Ronaldo!

Boom!

Quote:
"i think mick was the right one to go out. He was calm and he's very good at press. I'm going to use him more."

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:13 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
"I've banned two papers from the press conference and they won't get back in here until they apologise." - Sir Frog
:rattled:

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

On Benitez:

Quote:
'I'm not going to kick anyone when they are lying down'

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
£#%&! em. they all ran a story designed to destabilise United and they all knew that it was 100% speculation when they ran it. They've tried to manufacture a damaging rift at United and it's not the first time either.
That's as may be, but singling out two papers and banning them, ffs... it just smacks of petulance. Which it is.

Love Fraggle, but this stuff makes me £#%&!ing cringe.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:16 AM
lazlopanaflex299

if it's about the rooney thing then fair enough. It's a bit blousey but SAF is at his best when he's rattled. We need him to stay awake this season and not fall into a gin induced slumber ala last April.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:17 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
ffs

embarassing from fergie
Why who gives a £#%&!?

Let him go out windmilling in a rage of glory.

Unread 08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
That's as may be, but singling out two papers and banning them, ffs... it just smacks of petulance. Which it is.

Love Fraggle, but this stuff makes me £#%&!ing cringe.
Ban them all. Any journalist found within 5 miles of Carrington get the dogs set on them.
Closed Thread