Lok

Default Re: Fergie at FA today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
4 match ban
Fined £20k
Warned of future conduct
Two of the matches are suspended until the end of the 2010-11 season

Link for anyone interested: http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplin...nt_121109.aspx

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Pop

They only exist because of Utd.

@#%&!s.

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Baron

2 match touchline ban ?

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
MJ Ramone

How many games did Arsene Wenger get when he accused the Ref of bias after our game at OT this season??

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
borsuk

it's a two-match ban, not four

still, we can sleep safe in our beds at last

£#%&!ing joke

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
2 match touchline ban ?
Yep, against Everton (H) and Portsmouth (A). Not too bad considering the witch hunt that was going on.

Shouldn't have any punishment though. Benitez et al say far worse and get away with it.

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Tiberian

Absurd decision really. Victory for the media but enforcing the respect campaign by gagging managers is surely counter productive.

Fergie was foolish to say what he did, not because it was untrue( it was, irrespective of the stats that they released) but because of the reaction that was likely to happen. He has been punished both on and off the pitch for the comments.

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Baron

That mean Phelan is making the calls on the sidelines....

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
boreez

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplin...tez131009.aspx

“The Commission noted Mr Benitez's previous exemplary disciplinary record over 23 years as a coach and manager at the highest level of the sport. Taking into account all relevant factors, the Commission concluded that the appropriate penalty was to warn Mr Benitez as to his future conduct with regards to interviews and press briefings.”

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplin...tez131009.aspx

“The Commission noted Mr Benitez's previous exemplary disciplinary record over 23 years as a coach and manager at the highest level of the sport. Taking into account all relevant factors, the Commission concluded that the appropriate penalty was to warn Mr Benitez as to his future conduct with regards to interviews and press briefings.”
23 years at the highest level of the sport?!? Some would argue he's not there now! His CV reads:

1986–1989 Castilla Youth B
1989–1991 Real Madrid Youth B
1991–1993 Real Madrid U-19s
1993–1995 Real Madrid B
1995–1996 Real Valladolid
1996–1997 Osasuna
1997–1999 Extremadura
2000–2001 Tenerife
2001–2004 Valencia
2004–Soon Liverpool

I don't think you can claim you've made it as a manager or coach when your managing the Real Madrid Youth B team!

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Ferlan spend the majority of games slumped in their comfy chairs and rarely prowl the technical area, so how much of a loss is it really?

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Absurd decision really. Victory for the media but enforcing the respect campaign by gagging managers is surely counter productive.

Fergie was foolish to say what he did, not because it was untrue( it was, irrespective of the stats that they released) but because of the reaction that was likely to happen. He has been punished both on and off the pitch for the comments.
Yep, if I believed in conspiracy theories I'd swear Refs are deliberately making astonishingly poor decisions against United (Carragher lack of Red card, Atkinson's performance on Sunday etc) in order to provoke a post-match outburst from Fergie.

They're already in a lather on TalkSport about it...."He's got off lightly" - "FA let Fergie get away with murder"

The likes of Wenger have said FAR worse & got away with it, time & again.

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
We could make an offer to Hull for Phil's headset - I don't think he'll be needing it much longer

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep, if I believed in conspiracy theories I'd swear Refs are deliberately making astonishingly poor decisions against United (Carragher lack of Red card, Atkinson's performance on Sunday etc) in order to provoke a post-match outburst from Fergie.

They're already in a lather on TalkSport about it...."He's got off lightly" - "FA let Fergie get away with murder"

The likes of Wenger have said FAR worse & got away with it, time & again.
I said it on Sunday but I will repeat that the one that really pissed me off was blowing at 95:01 after Chelsea made a substitution in added time that wasted around 45 secs. Inexcusably bad refereeing but I have not seen it mentioned outside of Utd forums. That is the type of technical mistake that should lead to the Referee being officially asked to explain himself.

Fergie did not call Wiley a cheat, insinuate he was biased or that he was an influence on the result. Anyone else remember Fergie saying that Wiley was telling our players, specifically Rooney that he was shattered when he was taking an age to book Richardson and co? A comment that unsurprisingly has been completely ignored in the aftermath.

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Smeggs

i'm not shocked at all, always the same with those @#%&!s at the FA, the hypocricy of thier rulings will never cease to amaze.

the media, other clubs, the FA. we are the biggest and best and it keeps em up at night and long may that continue.

get this from the beeb
606: DEBATE
Should have been banned to the stands for the remainder of the season
Staeh

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Tiberian

His stats in the game about running further than a lot of the players are pointless.

He ran a little over 11K in 96 mins, any semi fit man could beat that, It would only take a very slow jog to get that distance in that time.

Players have to cover ground at a much more explosive and gruelling rate, constant sprints and high intensity runs.

Unread 12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

i've never understood why a grown man (the manager or player) is not allowed to criticise another grown man (the ref) in football?

managers and players are constantly criticised, but refs are somehow a protected species. why?

Unread 12-11-2009, 04:50 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I said it on Sunday but I will repeat that the one that really pissed me off was blowing at 95:01 after Chelsea made a substitution in added time that wasted around 45 secs. Inexcusably bad refereeing but I have not seen it mentioned outside of Utd forums. That is the type of technical mistake that should lead to the Referee being officially asked to explain himself.

Fergie did not call Wiley a cheat, insinuate he was biased or that he was an influence on the result. Anyone else remember Fergie saying that Wiley was telling our players, specifically Rooney that he was shattered when he was taking an age to book Richardson and co? A comment that unsurprisingly has been completely ignored in the aftermath.
Do you have a link to that?

Unread 12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Do you have a link to that?
No, just remember Fergie mentioning it in the post match interviews, had a quick google to see if I could turn it up but no sign.
Closed Thread