United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default Do you think Arsenal

Would sell us Hleb? cracking little player, would like to see him in a united shirt.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Tronics

Anderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hleb

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Rhodzy

Fantastic until he gets within 10 yards of the goal.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Ether

Not a United player but had a good game. Looked like our lads had been told not to tackle him ffs.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Fantastic until he gets within 10 yards of the goal.
He's allergic to shooting innit.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:34 PM
</forzagarza>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Not a United player
Correct, hence us having to buy him of Arsenal.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Cracking player.

Probably Arsenal's best player this year - bar Fabregas, of course

He ran the show in the first half.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:25 PM
jem

Default hleb?

lightweight gamst-a-like, without the shooting. £#%&! that. I'd rather have giggs than him. or zoltan gera.

I'd take van persie, though. and diaby, of course.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:28 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Cracking player.

Probably Arsenal's best player this year - bar Fabregas, of course

He ran the show in the first half.
He did, but you're not allowed to say positive things about opposing players on here are you.?

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'd rather have giggs than him.
WUM? Giggs in his prime, yes, but the giggs of today? not a chance.

The way he opens things up and the way he skips by a man (or men) as they're not even there, the accuracy of his passing and the way he can keep the ball despire having bigger players kicking £#%&! out of him etc... he's class

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:32 PM
jem

Default giggs

is a fading force, but he was once the most feared player in europe.

he has still played some killer balls this season.

hleb and rosicky are part of the reason arsenal have won nothing this season. compare them to, say, ronaldo and nani. pair of lightweights.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Serenity Now

Hleb has absolutely fantastic technical quality, but I don't think he's nearly productive enough in the final third for someone with his level of ability. Lacks a bit of bottle too, for me.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:36 PM
fergieslovechild

Edwardo (RIP) was their best player and he only had one leg.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Billy Baroo

Hleb is a very good player

got a lot of time for him

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Vic Mackey

We dont need him. We have Nani, remember?

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
got a lot of time for him
he needs it.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Coracao

If Hleb was anywhere near the player that Pires or Ljungberg were at their pomp, then I suspect arsenal wouldn't be 9 points behind. They won matches, Hleb doesn't.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Tiberian

I believe Hleb is the type of player you have to watch a lot to fully appreciate.

He is incredibly skillful, virtually impossible to take the ball off, low centre of gravity, quicker than he looks.

Reminds me of Zidane/Valeron in some ways, how he can manouever his body in ways to protect the ball and find space.

His problem is end product, his ball striking is very poor for a player at his level, and his passing at nay range over 10 yards is deeply flawed.

Our midfield could not get close to him at all today, especially in the first half he was sensational, kept finding space and drawing men to him, was a huge problem for us.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:46 AM
m14red

the last time hleb had a good game giggs had a full head of hair

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I believe Hleb is the type of player you have to watch a lot to fully appreciate.

He is incredibly skillful, virtually impossible to take the ball off, low centre of gravity, quicker than he looks.

Reminds me of Zidane/Valeron in some ways, how he can manouever his body in ways to protect the ball and find space.

His problem is end product, his ball striking is very poor for a player at his level, and his passing at nay range over 10 yards is deeply flawed.

Our midfield could not get close to him at all today, especially in the first half he was sensational, kept finding space and drawing men to him, was a huge problem for us.
I see him much the same - remarkable balance and centre of gravity and very quick. Downside is he really does not shoot well at all for the top flight. I haven't noticed his long passing being that poor, but come to think of it he doesn't seem to release players very often.
Closed Thread