Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
do you

if you'd really wanted to help you would've made more effort

what is your assessment based on?

mine is based mostly on the goals i've seen him score on the tele
Sorry love the old 'HTH' on the end.

I thought he had an impressive first season in the premiership but since then he has gone backwards. I rarely see him take on a man and he seems to have lost a yard. He has a decent left foot but a winger with not much raw pace and the inability to beat a man is not for me really. I certainly don't think he is a better player than Barry anyhow. Not that Barry is that great mind. Obviously Gerrard's persistent ramblings to el waiter have paid off as I think he is being signed on flathead's recommendation. Strange that they are going all out to sign him considering they a desperate for 2 wingers, a defender and a couple of forwards. Not that I give a £#%&!.

Now really I HTH.

Unread 12-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

raw pace is a great expression, but

what does it mean?

anyway, from what you say Downing is Liverpool standard, not United.

Sosa it is then, although Podolski is doing okay on the left in that 1st half - better (more cultured passing and movement) than Rooney manages there tbf, which is interesting

cultured passing is a great expression

Unread 12-06-2008, 07:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Arsenal favourites to sign Santa Cruz according to reports today.
Thank £#%&!.

TT, where does this obsession with Sosa stem from?

Unread 12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Thank £#%&!.

TT, where does this obsession with Sosa stem from?
a whisper I heard

of a Bayern merry-go-round I'm desperate for United to get on

though need to wait and see if it actually materialises first - no sign yet. and even then I doubt United and Bayern will be overly keen to do business for a time.

I like the look of this Sosa as a tricky, fast and flexible attacker. he fits what I think United could use and that he may choose not to stick around in Bavaria, where he's struggled to settle up to now, albeit he's had injury set-backs.

Podolski has also notoriously failed to settle at Bayern, but the fact the Euros are already underway is a very good indicator that United won't be in for him. which is a shame. probably.

Unread 17-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Thiago

Anyone seen Schalke midfielder Jermaine Jones?

United are interested apparently and he is 'proud' of that.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...701710,00.html

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/home/sport.html

Unread 17-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Whalefish

Our very own JJ....

Unread 17-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Rhodzy

After a new contract.

Unread 17-06-2008, 02:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Anyone seen Schalke midfielder Jermaine Jones?

United are interested apparently and he is 'proud' of that.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...701710,00.html

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/home/sport.html
He basically spends ninety minutes running around like a lunatic, kicking anything that moves.

Unread 17-06-2008, 03:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:
raw pace is a great expression, but

what does it mean?

anyway, from what you say Downing is Liverpool standard, not United.

Sosa it is then, although Podolski is doing okay on the left in that 1st half - better (more cultured passing and movement) than Rooney manages there tbf, which is interesting

cultured passing is a great expression
i quite like podolski but any favourable comparison with rooney's passing and movement in any position is surely wummery.

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Default Fyi

Quote:
a whisper I heard

of a Bayern merry-go-round I'm desperate for United to get on

though need to wait and see if it actually materialises first - no sign yet. and even then I doubt United and Bayern will be overly keen to do business for a time.

I like the look of this Sosa as a tricky, fast and flexible attacker. he fits what I think United could use and that he may choose not to stick around in Bavaria, where he's struggled to settle up to now, albeit he's had injury set-backs.

Podolski has also notoriously failed to settle at Bayern, but the fact the Euros are already underway is a very good indicator that United won't be in for him. which is a shame. probably.
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=737540

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Cheers S/Side. Glad to read that he doesn't want to go back home with his tail between is legs at least. Step in Fergie!

borsuk, Podolski's passing and shooting was excellent last night, and yes I'd say he is ahead of Rooney in terms of working the left side of the attacking midfield - certainly at least as good, anyway. Anyway, the point is that Podolski is exactly the type of quality versatile forward United should be after imo. I just don't see the need for this big lump up front that everyone seems to crave after. Unless the lump in question has the touch, awareness and finishing ability of Berbatov!

Unread 17-06-2008, 05:59 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Cheers S/Side. Glad to read that he doesn't want to go back home with his tail between is legs at least. Step in Fergie!

borsuk, Podolski's passing and shooting was excellent last night, and yes I'd say he is ahead of Rooney in terms of working the left side of the attacking midfield - certainly at least as good, anyway. Anyway, the point is that Podolski is exactly the type of quality versatile forward United should be after imo. I just don't see the need for this big lump up front that everyone seems to crave after. Unless the lump in question has the touch, awareness and finishing ability of Berbatov!
well, much as i rate podolski overally, we're a million miles away on the left side role thang. i thought podolski offered a decent (not spectacular by any means) threat going forward but had near zero awareness of how to play the role defensively. rooney's vision, passing range and awareness is light years ahead of anything podolski will ever produce; podolski offers good finishing, good strength and movement in the box primarily. can you imagine podolski winning the ball near his own corner flag, riding the tackle
of one of the best centre-halves in the world and carrying the ball thirty yards down the wing before hitting a sixty yard crossfield ball over the heads of two defenders to drop into space for a fast-breaking ronnie to pick up, as rooney did in the cl final? nah, neither can i. podolski can link the play up competently but he has absolutely nothing of rooney's creative vision.

for next season, personally i can't see us finding anything better than carlos + rooney. i think we're looking for an experience third choice - a sheringham, not a cantona. that's assuming ronnie stays, of course.

Unread 17-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

aside from the fact that that moment of Rooney genius was on the other side of the pitch, that isn't what I'm talking about (although yes, I can imagine Podolski well being able to fire such a pass).

Podolski was the creative focus of Germany's attack. Much of his passing was imaginative and most of it was accurate and incisive. He was confident on the ball at all times. He took corners, his shooting was different class.

It is of course unlikely that Podolski would be suitably interested in coming to United to play a bit part, as you say.

Unread 17-06-2008, 06:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
aside from the fact that that moment of Rooney genius was on the other side of the pitch, that isn't what I'm talking about (although yes, I can imagine Podolski well being able to fire such a pass).

Podolski was the creative focus of Germany's attack. Much of his passing was imaginative and most of it was accurate and incisive. He was confident on the ball at all times. He took corners, his shooting was different class.

It is of course unlikely that Podolski would be suitably interested in coming to United to play a bit part, as you say.

alright. we're not going to agree on this one. apart from the last point, obviously.

Unread 17-06-2008, 07:21 PM
MJ Ramone

I think whoever plays well or scores during these Euros we should sign.
I forsee no risks in that policy.

Unread 17-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
alright. we're not going to agree on this one. apart from the last point, obviously.
and the point about Rooney's genius coming off the other flank, obviously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think whoever plays well or scores during these Euros we should sign.
I forsee no risks in that policy.
it was precisely to avoid this type of ridicule that my call for a Sosa/Podolski transfer splurge was first aired some time before the tournament started

Unread 17-06-2008, 08:16 PM
borsuk

Quote:
and the point about Rooney's genius coming off the other flank, obviously!
well, yeah. doesn't really matter, though - the point was rooney's ability to fulfil the defensive role on the wing in a way that podolski cannot.

Quote:
it was precisely to avoid this type of ridicule that my call for a Sosa/Podolski transfer splurge was first aired some time before the tournament started
the carew bit was a wum but...

http://utdforum.com/forum/showpost.p...7&postcount=22

Unread 17-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
well, yeah. doesn't really matter, though - the point was rooney's ability to fulfil the defensive role on the wing in a way that podolski cannot.

oh yes, it matters - you're answering your own point, not mine!

the carew bit was a wum but...

http://utdforum.com/forum/showpost.p...7&postcount=22
can't fault you (not that I want to) - on the Podolski part.

Unread 24-06-2008, 06:23 PM
koppas

Angry Suprised how quiet pre-season has been transfer wise...

I know the Euro's have been on, and the majority of players involved in transfers will be on show, but I expected a few more deals to have been concluded than have already - from all Premier League sides in general.

I am sure most players are on holidays now with their mobile phones next to them but probably only been about 20 deals completed - considering pre season training starts next week, made me want to post this.

I expected an influx of transfers this week and have been left disappointed.
Closed Thread