United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
I'd be giddy as other clubs probably wouldnt reject such offers, but I think I take whatever the club says as gospel ahead of some dodgy Madrid sources.

Do you really think the club would go behind Ferguson's back? and lose him in the process?

Think for a moment, instead of trying to rile me...
I'm not trying to rile you. You're very selective with what you want to believe though. How do you know Fergie hasn't agreed to sell him for that?

If it happened with the Beckham deal why can't it happen with this?

I think he'll probably be in a United shirt this season, but I was just picking you up on your selectiveness.

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Withers

To the big thread at the top for wums amongst other things.

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'm not trying to rile you. You're very selective with what you want to believe though. How do you know Fergie hasn't agreed to sell him for that?

If it happened with the Beckham deal why can't it happen with this?

I think he'll probably be in a United shirt this season, but I was just picking you up on your selectiveness.
I'm not being selective at all. Becks leaving was on the cards for ages, Ferguson barely played him for a lot of the season run in and it was widely expected he was gonna leave, They just tried to beef up the price for someone they didnt need anymore.

Do we not need Ronaldo anymore? I dont think so, Ferguson has been even more vociferous about this one than any other player that gets linked with a move away. I only see us selling in the unlikely event Madrid put up some unbeatable player + cash deal

Which wont happen.

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Smeggs

Cheers TWH.

i just put all the fixtures up to december in my calender

ffs

MUFC One Love

Quote:
I'm not being selective at all. Becks leaving was on the cards for ages, Ferguson barely played him for a lot of the season run in and it was widely expected he was gonna leave, They just tried to beef up the price for someone they didnt need anymore.

Do we not need Ronaldo anymore? I dont think so, Ferguson has been even more vociferous about this one than any other player that gets linked with a move away. I only see us selling in the unlikely event Madrid put up some unbeatable player + cash deal

Which wont happen.
I'm not discussing whether we wanted/don't wanna sell a player. I just mean if the Beckham deal was announced on from a weird source, and they do the same with Ronaldo, why is it suddenly not true?

Thiago

Quote:
I'm not discussing whether we wanted/don't wanna sell a player. I just mean if the Beckham deal was announced on from a weird source, and they do the same with Ronaldo, why is it suddenly not true?
Beckham was something that was gonna happen.

Ronaldo isn't.

Which is why I can comfortably dismiss it.

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
Cheers TWH.

i just put all the fixtures up to december in my calender

ffs

I nearly did that.

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Beckham was something that was gonna happen.

Ronaldo isn't.

Which is why I can comfortably dismiss it.
You can't believe everything the club say though. They all talk %@#$&!s. We don't know what is really happening.

Although personally I'd be surprised now if he goes ends up in Madrid this summer.

Unread 03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Thiago

Quote:
You can't believe everything the club say though. They all talk %@#$&!s. We don't know what is really happening.

Although personally I'd be surprised now if he goes ends up in Madrid this summer.
The reason I am confident the club wont budge is because of the players importance on and off the pitch , his relative youngness aswell as our image in world football.

What kind of message does it send if we sell our best player at the age of 23 to a rival big club? A season after winning the double?

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Sloppy

Kewell agrees Turkish move http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...772590,00.html

we missed out there.

Unread 03-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Kewell agrees Turkish move http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...772590,00.html

we missed out there.
Correct

Having his daft gobby bint of a wife gracing old trafford.

Unread 04-07-2008, 08:05 AM
waynes ear's

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1378747.ece

thats nice of him

Unread 05-07-2008, 11:33 AM
roterteufel

Darren Fletcher, Manchester Utd to Everton as soon as the ronaldo thing is sorted.
is there any substance in this story or are the press just speculating

Unread 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM
wiganste

Live telly schedule (just been emailed this )

Saturday 16
Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion
12.45pm

Sunday 17
Chelsea v Portsmouth
1.30pm

Sunday 17
Manchester United v Newcastle United
4.00pm

Sunday 24
Manchester City v West Ham United
4.00pm

Monday 25
Portsmouth v Manchester United
8.00pm

Sunday 31
Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur
1.30pm

Sunday 31
Aston Villa v Liverpool
4.00pm

SEPTEMBER

Saturday 13
Liverpool v Manchester United
12.45pm

Sunday 14
Stoke City v Everton
1.30pm

Sunday 21
West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa
12.00pm

Sunday 21
Chelsea v Manchester United
2.00pm

Saturday 27
Everton v Liverpool
12.45pm

Sunday 28
Portsmouth v Tottenham Hotspur
1.30pm

Sunday 28
Wigan Athletic v Manchester City
4.00pm

OCTOBER

Sunday 5
West Ham United v Bolton Wanderers
1.30pm

Sunday 5
Everton v Newcastle United
4.00pm

Saturday 18
Middlesbrough v Chelsea
12.45pm

Sunday 19
Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur
4.00pm

Saturday 25
Sunderland v Newcastle United
12.45pm

Sunday 26
Chelsea v Liverpool
1.30pm

Sunday 26
West Ham United v Arsenal
4.00pm

Tuesday 28
Stoke City v Sunderland
8.00pm

Wednesday 29
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
8.00pm

NOVEMBER

Saturday 1
Everton v Fulham
12.45pm

Sunday 2
Bolton Wanderers v Manchester City
4.00pm

Saturday 8
Arsenal v Manchester United
12.45pm

Sunday 9
Blackburn Rovers v Chelsea
1.30pm

Sunday 9
Fulham v Newcastle United
4.00pm

Saturday 15
Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool
12.45pm

Sunday 16
Everton v Middlesbrough
1.30pm

Sunday 16
Hull City v Manchester City
4.00pm

Sunday 23
Tottenham Hotspur v Blackburn Rovers
1.30pm

Sunday 23
Sunderland v West Ham United
4.00pm

Sunday 30
Manchester City v Manchester United
1.30pm

Sunday 30
Chelsea v Arsenal
4.00pm

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Baron

We're being linked with a bid for Aguero... from the MEN:

Quote:
MANCHESTER United have been linked with a bid for Atletico Madrid forward Sergio Aguero.

At just 20 years old, 'El Kun' is already one of Europe's hottest properties, with Atletico having to fight to keep hold of their Argentinian star last summer after he won the Golden Boot and player of the tournament awards at the Under-20 World Cup in Canada.

His stock rose further last season as he netted 20 goals in 37 Primera Liga games while picking up Spain's player of the year award in just his second 12 months on the continent.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo has repeatedly denied ever having received a bid for the striker, but with plenty of interest in the young star reported in January, the capital club felt moved to increase Aguero's buy-out clause to 55million euros.

However, according to the player's representative, Jose Segui, even that huge sum will not be enough to put off one of the English Premier League's top sides.

And while he stopped short of naming names, Segui insisted the interested party was not Chelsea.

"I've received an offer from a big English club and they've asked me to pass that offer on to Atletico Madrid," Segui told Spanish newspaper AS.

"I can't say anything more until I've spoken to the club about this definite offer.

"I can only say that it's one of the best clubs in Europe and it's not Chelsea."

The belief in Spain is that United are the club in question, as they are seen by the Spanish media as the only club other than Chelsea capable of affording the player.

However, they may face a challenge luring the player to England's North West, as 'El Kun' has repeatedly stated that he is happy with his life in Madrid.
Cracking player. Shame he's another midget.

Unread 14-07-2008, 12:40 PM
keano's love

not a £#%&!ing chance. just baseless rumours.

Atletico got him for 20m euros. so it would take 40m euros at least to get him from there. can't see us spending that much for him.

Unread 14-07-2008, 03:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Atletico got him for 20m euros. so it would take 40m euros at least to get him from there. can't see us spending that much for him.
Was it just 20m Euros? Thought it was more than that. Anyway, his buyout clause is 55m Euros, so that's probably what we'd have to pay to get him this summer. Can't see Atletico settling for any less than that at this moment in time.

Unread 19-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Tiberian

A few rumours going around that Blackburn are trying to get Giggs as Player/Coach. Any possibility of it? Giggs would get more games at Blackburn, nearly 35, may want to maximize his playing time. Personally I hope he finishes his playing career at Utd, would be disturbing to see him in another clubs kit or playing against Utd

Unread 19-07-2008, 10:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
A few rumours going around that Blackburn are trying to get Giggs as Player/Coach. Any possibility of it? Giggs would get more games at Blackburn, nearly 35, may want to maximize his playing time. Personally I hope he finishes his playing career at Utd, would be disturbing to see him in another clubs kit or playing against Utd
No £#%&!in chance.

Giggs has bigger fish to fry than coaching at Blackburn, even for an extra 10 games a season.

Unread 20-07-2008, 09:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Not a chance, I think he knows he has 1 more season in him at United, then he can make the next decision in his career.
Closed Thread