United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2008, 10:29 AM
believe

Thumbs down Ryan Giggs

surely everyone at United must realise his time has come? £#%&!ing woeful satdee and we looked a different team when Nani came on. If Nani had played we would have won the game comfortably. Sorry Ryan thanks for the memories but do us all a favour hey.

Unread 21-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Crumps

I've heard that he's so lazy he now sends Rhodri out in his place.

Unread 21-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
If Nani had played we would have won the game comfortably. Sorry Ryan thanks for the memories but do us all a favour hey.
I do like those kind of statements. Not just if Nani had played instead of Giggs, but you know the ones which go if Anderson had played instead of ...., if Torres had signed and played instead of ....

Always make me chuckle. As if it's nailed on that the result would have been different.

You're probably right though believe. This time anyway.

Unread 21-04-2008, 10:36 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I do like those kind of statements. Not just if Nani had played instead of Giggs, but you know the ones which go if Anderson had played instead of ...., if Torres had signed and played instead of ....

Always make me chuckle. As if it's nailed on that the result would have been different.

You're probably right though believe. This time anyway.
cheers (i think )

Unread 21-04-2008, 10:38 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I can understand players losing ability, it happens with age but Giggs is a shadow of his former self. His passing % is one of the lowest around, think its mid 60's which is not good enough.
I know there will be people who stick up for him due to his service and what hes done for united and I will never forget that but you cannot excuse such a lack of effort, I think the half time substitution said everything about Giggs effort over the last few months. Sad to see

Unread 21-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Mr_Ed

You wouldn't take your dog to crufts if it was old, limped, had £#%&!gy fur and peed everywhere. You'd have it put down. MOTWYW.

Unread 21-04-2008, 10:50 AM
thatsfuctit

captain subbed at half time.

how often does that happen?

Unread 21-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

You'd need an indepth phsycological analysis from a team of highly trained mental health doctors if you think Giggs is still up to it these days.
And a punch in the face for your troubles.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I can understand players losing ability, it happens with age but Giggs is a shadow of his former self. His passing % is one of the lowest around, think its mid 60's which is not good enough.
I know there will be people who stick up for him due to his service and what hes done for united and I will never forget that but you cannot excuse such a lack of effort, I think the half time substitution said everything about Giggs effort over the last few months. Sad to see
a lack of effort Scholesy? Not sure about that one tbh. He gave a poor performance but a lack of effort is not something that should be levelled at him.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Lack of agility. It seems like the in thing to stick anyone who can run a bit on Scholsey and watch him lose possession.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Whalefish

We should just have a sticky thread tbh. I now hate Scholes and Giggs. Or 'The Scholes and Giggs show - comments here!' Save all the £#%&!ing clutter.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:28 PM
celtbion

Quote:

We should just have a sticky thread tbh. I now hate Scholes and Giggs. Or 'The Scholes and Giggs show - comments here!' Save all the £#%&!ing clutter.
Who hates Scholes and Giggs?

Any more than hating Pally, Bruce, Hughes etc.

It's just noone would advocate any of the latter playing against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

It was horrific enough the last time around....

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Winning the European Cup was horrific?

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:31 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
worst day of my life. no wum.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Who hates Scholes and Giggs?

Any more than hating Pally, Bruce, Hughes etc.

It's just noone would advocate any of the latter playing against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

It was horrific enough the last time around....
Excuse me? Where on earth did I mention anything about the Barca game and where did I advocate that they play or even suggested they should? I said last Summer that neither of them should be featuring in the same games due to age and even went as far to say that I thought Giggs was all but done.

I just don't think there's a need to stick a post up everytime they have a bad game. It's getting to the point where some actually apeear to enjoy the 'I told you so' opportunities either of them have presented be it after Blackburn, after Arsenal or after whoever this season when they've been poor. We all know they're coming to the end, we all know Giggs is all but done and we all know that Scholes can still cut it but only against certain teams.

As for who hates them, I dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:37 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Mind, I've just realised, that wasn't the last time we played Barca there was it.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:38 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Excuse me? Where on earth did I mention anything about the Barca game and where did I advocate that they play or even suggested they should? I said last Summer that neither of them should be featuring in the same games due to age and even went as far to say that I thought Giggs was all but done.

I just don't think there's a need to stick a post up everytime they have a bad game. It's getting to the point where some actually apeear to enjoy the 'I told you so' opportunities either of them have presented be it after Blackburn, after Arsenal or after whoever this season when they've been poor. We all know they're coming to the end, we all know Giggs is all but done and we all know that Scholes can still cut it but only against certain teams.
As for who hates them, I dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few.
Well, if we all know that, you're right, end of debate.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
Well, if we all know that, you're right, end of debate.
Fantastic. Thank £#%&! for that.

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:44 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Unread 21-04-2008, 12:45 PM
celtbion

Quote:
I'll wash my hands of it Whalefish.

I trust you will suitably admonish anyone chirruping such $#*!e as "Paul Scholes is still the best midfielder in the Premiership"?
Closed Thread