United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Tiberian

Cantona's attitude towards Cole is one of the reasons I would not want him back in any kind of coaching capacity. Cole came at the start of the major ABU Phase in the media, went from being the golden boy, has to play for England to being mocked daily, used as the butt of jokes when he was obviously trying to settle in to a new style, both of playing and management. The public scorn Cantona would so obviously show towards Cole did not help in that process, amd was unbecoming of a leader of the team.

Using Cantona's attitude towards Cole as your way of judging him as a player is a flawed method. Cole was a super player for us, excellent all round striker, unselfish, worked for the team, was able to forge partnerships with everyone(bar Cantona) and had an aggressive streak that RVN badly lacked.

He was not world class, did miss too many chances, but his style of play was at the time exactly what Utd needed, and in truth still would be now.

Unread 09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

that goal against blackburn in 97/98 when he cut inside and slotted it with his left was supreme

an awesome rapper too

Unread 09-07-2008, 11:52 AM
George Bestial

Top player but lost all respect for him when he failed to speak out about THAT song at city.

In case you'd forgotten: "Oh Andy Cole, he's not a Munich any more."

Some Red.

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
koppas

Andy Cole wouldn't have played much of a part in 99 if we had've signed Kluivert as planned.
nft.

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:41 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Andy Cole wouldn't have played much of a part in 99 if we had've signed Kluivert as planned.
nft.
thank £#%&! we didn't

"there is only one club in England...Arsenal"

he picked the wrong horse there dint he

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Andy Cole >>>> RVN.

RVN undoubtedly the more gifted player but Cole was scared of no-one. How would he have reacted to Keown et al surrounding him? They wouldn't have done it in the first place.
Yep, he's such a hardman that he knocks his missus about

Good player, almost great. But the signed for Citeh. So £#%&! him.

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yep, he's such a hardman that he knocks his missus about

Good player, almost great. But the signed for Citeh. So £#%&! him.
RE The wife beatin

didn't that get disproved?

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
thank £#%&! we didn't

"there is only one club in England...Arsenal"

he picked the wrong horse there dint he
Then again, ended up at Newcastle and done £#%&! all.

He would've been awesome playing for us, mind.

Unread 09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
What a £#%&!ing player he was!! Criminally underrated. I have heard before about how Ruud is a legend and Cole was just a good striker, £#%&! he was! Ruud didn't half acheive and half helped united than cole did, the horse faced git.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/feb/01/1

Reading the article above, makes me emotional. When he came back with blackburn to old trafford, it was so sad to see him in another shirt.

And he still has us in his hearts! And looks like he has done what most do. Given United another fan. His son!

"Manchester United is my team, I've got my season tickets and my son loves to watch them now," said Cole.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20635832/

We have been blessed to have players like Ole, Cole, scholesy, giggsy.
Didn't you start 'following' United after 99? What the £#%&! do you know about Andy Cole?

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Firswood Red

Cole had a very good all round game eventually, would fit in very well in the current setup.

Unread 09-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Billy Baroo

one of my favorite memories watching cole was away at chelsea in the cup when we went 5 nil up

he absolutely ruined leboeuf who i consider to be one of the most odious men to draw breath. leboeuf realised he couldn't live with him and they went up for a challenge on the half way line so he tried to do him, leading with his kneee right in coleys back and poleaxing him. He got up and about 5 minutes later tore past the @#%&! leaving him for dead to score. class

coley was £#%&!ing fantastic for us, and as mentioned the interplay with yorke in the treble season is as good as i've seen autd between our 2 main strikers. if it had been some brazilians or argies people would have been orgasmic about it

the thing i liked about cole was despite the odd frustration he could produce moments that were electric and he played in a way that meant the team played scintillating football, often with horse chops we were dull

i loved the £#%&!er

Unread 09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
koppas

Why didn't he get on with Teddy? Anyone know? Did Coley #@&%! Danielle when she was just a nipper or something and Teddy happen to have a vision of what was going to happen between the pair?
Closed Thread