United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:59 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Paul McGrath?
fergie wanted rid. same with Whiteside, Stam, Becham, Ruud. etc. Fergie wanted to get these players out. the only player i can think of is Kanchelskis. nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

He never mentioned if Fergie wanted rid. He said we don't sell players at their peak. NFT

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
He never mentioned if Fergie wanted rid. He said we don't sell players at their peak. NFT
Whiteside, Stam, Becham, Ruud weren't at their peak. nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Whiteside, Stam, Becham, Ruud weren't at their peak. nft.
Don't you mean were??

Ronaldos not even at his peak yet, hes only 22.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Don't you mean were??

Ronaldos not even at his peak yet, hes only 22.
Whiteside and McGrath were at their drinking peak, but injured all the £#%&!ing time. Ruud and Becks were on the downturn. and Jaap was on drugs. nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Rhodzy, seen Torres earlier, he winked at me and said 'I can't wait to start playing here next August'.

MOTWYW

nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Papadoc

Quote:
Paul McGrath?
A player who cannot train because his knees are £#%&!ed and is a habitual drunk would not constitute a player at his peak in my opinion. Perhaps that does to suit your argument

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Rhodzy, seen Torres earlier, he winked at me and said 'I can't wait to start playing here next August'.

MOTWYW

nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yesterday ronnie and agent were saying he was staying for ever and was getting paid china's gdp.

now settle down, chaps. you just jerk around whenever someone yanks your chain, don't you?

it's all %@#$&!s. all of it.

right now, he's the best player on the planet and he wears a red shirt.
well said

all £#%&!ing quotes here and there in the press - mean £#%&! all

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc
A player who cannot train because his knees are £#%&!ed and is a habitual drunk would not constitute a player at his peak in my opinion. Perhaps that does to suit your argument
His physical state has no bearing on it whatsoever. His peak would be when he performs best. If he plays better with one £#%&!ing leg then that would be the peak of his career would it not?

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Serenity Now

Has anyone actually seen video of this press conference, or are all the quotes coming from the Catalan press?

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Has anyone actually seen video of this press conference, or are all the quotes coming from the Catalan press?
From one Catalan paper (that I've seen anyway) - SPORT. Not as full of shit as Marca or AS but still, hardly the most reliable source in the world.

However, the quotes were attributed directly to Ronaldo and there was only two/three quotes which have been reported around the world.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:55 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
From one Catalan paper (that I've seen anyway) - SPORT. Not as full of shit as Marca or AS but still, hardly the most reliable source in the world.

However, the quotes were attributed directly to Ronaldo and there was only two/three quotes which have been reported around the world.
these papers though are sports papers. the whole paper is pretty much dedicated to football. they need to fill the paper. Ronaldo atm is the biggest story and it has been going on everyday since January. i read it all everday and it's pretty dull stuff tbh. nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:58 PM
puressence

if he goes he goes ..the club will still survive .... enjoy him whilst hes here

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
these papers though are sports papers. the whole paper is pretty much dedicated to football. they need to fill the paper. Ronaldo atm is the biggest story and has been going on everyday since January. i read it all everday and it's pretty dull stuff tbh. nft.
Yes, very good. It was still a direct quote - the first they've had. They were over the moon that they had one. Why wait until yesterday to make something up?

NFT

Unread 07-02-2007, 01:02 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Yes, very good. It was still a direct quote - the first they've had. They were over the moon that they had one. Why wait until yesterday to make something up?

NFT
Ronaldo has 3yrs left on his contract after this season. 2 of the biggest clubs in the world want him this summer. imo, utd hold all the aces. nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Ronaldo has 3yrs left on his contract after this season. 2 of the biggest clubs in the world want him this summer. imo, utd hold all the aces. nft.
Are you talking to someone else but quoting me?

Unread 07-02-2007, 01:05 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Are you talking to someone else but quoting me?
no, i'm talking to you. Utd will either keep Ronnie or they will sell him for £35m+. there's not much more to say. nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Utd will either keep Ronnie or they will sell him.
Thank you Nostradamus

Unread 07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Thank you Nostradamus
de nada! nft.
Closed Thread