United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Ether

Get real lads. Since the time of Zidane's transfer there's been a slump in the transfer market. The only transfers in the last 4 years or so over £20m have involved Chelsea, and even then there's not been a transfer over £30m since 2001. So, if you consider that, and also take into account our money-grabbing owners, we'll be lucky to get near to £30m for him. Harsh reality I'm afraid.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

He said it.

And my chicken was shit. NFT

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:51 PM
jem

Default jaysus

yesterday ronnie and agent were saying he was staying for ever and was getting paid china's gdp.

now settle down, chaps. you just jerk around whenever someone yanks your chain, don't you?

it's all %@#$&!s. all of it.

right now, he's the best player on the planet and he wears a red shirt.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
until that bit.

That the Glazers have any interest in the club's self-respect - even in terms of the "brand" - is a bit far-fetched. Indeed, there's no reason to assume that they're looking at the club's long-term interests at all. Really, that's just a variation on the "they haven't come here to lose money" theme.

I don't doubt they are only here to make money. I couldn't begin to speculate on their long term ambitions - although,the way they've saddled us with so much in repayments may suggest they have to consider themselves longterm investors - my point is that Ronaldo is worth more to them staying a United player than moving abroad.

Unread 06-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yesterday ronnie and agent were saying he was staying for ever and was getting paid china's gdp.

now settle down, chaps. you just jerk around whenever someone yanks your chain, don't you?

Exactly,well said. Look at Arsenal..for practically a decade they've had the Vieira and Henry speculation. It took ages for peanut head to finally pack up his shit and head to Italia.

Unread 06-02-2007, 06:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

''peanut head''....

agreed with Jem, he's the best player in the world and when's the last time we can say we've had the best player in the world at United, so let's enjoy having the best player int he world in a red shirt, if we win the league I'm sure he'll stay at least another season

anyway David Gill says he's staying and that's good enough for me

Unread 06-02-2007, 06:55 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Swap him for Xavi, Marquez and Messi. Plus £30million.

Au revoir.
In place of Rio then...

Unread 07-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Rhodzy

bttt.

It was mentioned on the back page off the mirror, what a suprise.

Unread 07-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I know he's a big part of the entertainment factor but i suspect we would still be doing pretty well without him, united are a good solid 'team' and although ronaldo creates havoc for us i think especially in the premier league that the standard of opposition are not good enough to push us out of the top 5 or even the top 3.

Thats probably what will make it tempting for the glazers - sure ronaldo can sell shirts, but a cash injection of 30m in one go is a lot less work in a much shorter time frame and with continued full houses and the team still at the top they will probably feel fairly safe in doing it.

At the end of the day, If he wants out i dont think we should stand in his way, we can try to play hardball like bayern and get what we can for him, should be close to a world record transfer fee.

Unread 07-02-2007, 03:02 AM
TreeFiddy

He's not the best player in the world...yet.

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:43 AM
borsuk

Default interesting thread

a kind of doomlordometer thread since none of us have a clue what will happen here it reflects how doom/gaylord we are. me, i'm gay as queen of hearts, sweetie. if onnreeee can stay at the library for ever in spite of barca's interest then why not ronnie? there's a superb atmosphere in the squad, united are playing arguably the best football in europe at the moment in front of full stadiums every week.

the treble and a contract extension, please.

Unread 07-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
a kind of doomlordometer thread since none of us have a clue what will happen here it reflects how doom/gaylord we are. me, i'm gay as queen of hearts, sweetie. if onnreeee can stay at the library for ever in spite of barca's interest then why not ronnie? there's a superb atmosphere in the squad, united are playing arguably the best football in europe at the moment in front of full stadiums every week.

the treble and a contract extension, please.
If you're queen of the gaylords, I'm queen of the doomlords.

He said he wasn't sure where he's going to be in six months. That kind of talk is not good. I don't remember Henry publicly saying something like that but I could be wrong as I'm not really bothered what Henry says.

Unread 07-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
If Ronaldo had said that it would of been on SSN by now, typical spanish press.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
bttt.

It was mentioned on the back page off the mirror, what a suprise.
So you question the validity of the story and then report it elsewhere?

Interesting

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Just provided that he doesn't go for half what he is worth.
Agree

However..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Zidane was the worlds best and most expensive player for nearly 50 million when he was in his mid 20s. Ronnie is still only 22 so lets make it 65 million quid or 100 million euros or so.
..is ridiculous.

Ronaldo isn't even half the player Zidane was..

On the proviso that any funds were put back into the team ( on top of our "£75m warchest" )...
..If we were offered £30-£35m I'd snap their hands off.. even if someone threatened to break my legs !

Ronaldo is one big heap of problems waiting to happen.. I'd get rid sooner rather than later..

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Agree

However..

..is ridiculous.

Ronaldo isn't even half the player Zidane was..

On the proviso that any funds were put back into the team ( on top of our "£75m warchest" )...
..If we were offered £30-£35m I'd snap there hands off..

Ronaldo is one big heap of problems waiting to happen.. I'd get rid sooner rather than later..
if Utd are clever they could get at least £30-35m for him. i'd include Fletcher in any deal. if you want Ronaldo you must take Fletcher! nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:16 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
If you're queen of the gaylords, I'm queen of the doomlords.

He said he wasn't sure where he's going to be in six months. That kind of talk is not good. I don't remember Henry publicly saying something like that but I could be wrong as I'm not really bothered what Henry says.
These type of quotes are the type of quotes that sell newspapers. Until I hear it from his mouth, I won't believe a word of it. There's no doubting that he's happy at Utd. You can see it in every game.

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:36 AM
jem

Default snap their hands off?

if anyone even hints they want him, to unsettle the lad, I'd break their £#%&!ing legs.

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Sense at last amongst a sea of doom, he will be here next season and for the rest of the decade.
He won't say he wants to stay at United til his contract is sorted out,only a fool would do that in his position.As for 100 million euros what use is that if we can't get anyone as good. Glazer will not force him to be sold so he can pocket the cash because he's worth more than that to us. Winning teams make money, at the moment he's the difference between us and the rest.
We don't sell players at their peak never have and never will

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc
Sense at last amongst a sea of doom, he will be here next season and for the rest of the decade.
He won't say he wants to stay at United til his contract is sorted out,only a fool would do that in his position.As for 100 million euros what use is that if we can't get anyone as good. Glazer will not force him to be sold so he can pocket the cash because he's worth more than that to us. Winning teams make money, at the moment he's the difference between us and the rest.
tbf, that's true. nft.

Unread 07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc
Paul McGrath?
Closed Thread