United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Mourinho has done a similar thing at Chelsea. Bought Ballack even though he doesn't fit into the team.
I'll accept apologies from all the people who slated me on RI when I was a lone voice who said this last season when they agreed a contract with him.

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
jem

Default well

I not only said ballack wouldn't fit, particularly with lampard (and that the only person who thinks ballack is world class is ballack), but also that shevchenko didn't suit their game (although he would be great for us). so you weren't a lone voice and I am a genius. but you knew that. having said that, when chelsea win the league with ballack and shevchenko coming good, you are going to look a @#%&!.

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I not only said ballack wouldn't fit, particularly with lampard (and that the only person who thinks ballack is world class is ballack), but also that shevchenko didn't suit their game (although he would be great for us). so you weren't a lone voice and I am a genius. but you knew that. having said that, when chelsea win the league with ballack and shevchenko coming good, you are going to look a @#%&!.
No, I'll still be right. We can just blame us losing it on Fergoz.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I can't put in to words how angry Veron made me on a weekly and even bi-weekly basis. An absolute steaming pile of turd. He was Darren Fletcher with an Argentinian passport. OK maybe that's too far but it helps drive the point home.
Agree Tree.

Never has a footballer promised so much and delivered so little. I can remember the stadium collectively holding its breath everytime he got the ball expecting some messiah like mastery only for him to deliver a perfect pass with a little bit of left hand side and reverse spin straight into the feet of the opposition.

His failings had nothing to do with the 'system', the speed of the Premiership, his difficulty at settling in - it was because he couldn't seem to master the simple £#%&!ing pass and for that, there are no excuses.

There were occasions when I was forced to turn and face my fellow supporters still opened mouthed and feeling limp from his utter shitness. His desire to complicate the simple was his one true area of expertise.

For me, he is probably our worst ever signing.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
jem

Default oh, dear

keef joins borsuk in the burning pit reserved for the carlositas and their "let's win 1-0 dull shite" philosophy football-hating bastard sons of bitches. forgive them, they know not what they say. ah, £#%&! it. don't forgive them. burn them all.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:18 PM
jem

Default darren

£#%&!ing fletcher. my head is going to explode.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
keef joins borsuk in the burning pit reserved for the carlositas and their "let's win 1-0 dull shite" philosophy football-hating bastard sons of bitches. forgive them, they know not what they say. ah, £#%&! it. don't forgive them. burn them all.
Eh? It has nothing to do with dull but successful 'v' creative but failed football. It's simply a case of good v shite.

My point being that footballers should master the basics before attempting anything else. I can't really apologise for being irritated by some tool who insists on making numerous hopelessly inappropriate passes whilst achieving little.

Veron should have been great - but he wasn't. He should have swept us off our feet with his skill - he didn't.

Cantona could do it. Veron couldn't.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Ether

I loved Veron, and I'd probably still pay money just to see him kick a ball against a wall. Didn't do as well as he could have at United, I always felt that was partly down to not being able to play with keen. He was still sublime at times though. His performance at home against Everton was sheer poetry. Also remember him winning us a Champions League almost single-handedly against Deportivo. In fact, he was regularly brilliant in Europe.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Dr_Mongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
veron was a world class player who made one mistake against boro (of the sort that scholes makes every week) and was otherwise generally superb for us
Absence makes the heart grow fonder it would appear.

Let's face facts, after a bright start, and with the exception of a handful of CL games (and a game vs Arse when even Pip looked world class) Veron was utter utter £#%&!.

Twas no coincidence that we built the upper tiers of the East and West stands just before we purchased him - saved us millions in lost matchballs.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
TreeFiddy

I wonder if anyone watched the same games I did. Veron was utter utter £#%&!. Simply shocking. An embarrassment to his supposed abilities and more painful to watch than getting kicked in the nads. Sublime? You loved him? Didn't do as well as he could have?

I'm shocked.

Unread 05-02-2007, 06:57 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mongoose
Veron was utter utter £#%&!.
Jinx!

Unread 05-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Dr_Mongoose

Quote:
Jinx!

Not according to the FredTissue timing, a minute out.

Which means you're jinxed yourself doesn't it? Can someone explain the rules, I'm sure something bad happens to you now.

Unread 05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mongoose
Can someone explain the rules, I'm sure something bad happens to you now.
As long as the bad thing is not Veron signing for United. Can't take any more of that torture.

Unread 05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Cantona could do it. Veron couldn't.
I'm sorry, but cantona was the £#%&!ing master of the pointless flick. now he would have been good if he could have kept it simple more often (and if he could score from inside the six yard box with the keeper lying on his arse we'd have won more european cups too). cantona schmantona. veron > cantona. I shook my fist more often at cantona than I ever did at my beautiful seba.

Unread 05-02-2007, 11:41 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'm sorry, but cantona was the £#%&!ing master of the pointless flick. now he would have been good if he could have kept it simple more often (and if he could score from inside the six yard box with the keeper lying on his arse we'd have won more european cups too). cantona schmantona. veron > cantona. I shook my fist more often at cantona than I ever did at my beautiful seba.
WUM

Unread 06-02-2007, 12:14 AM
jem

Default er... no

it's true.
Closed Thread