United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
£#%&!ing hell..Seba played well and scored once ? you'd hope so for 28 million and 14 million quid transfer fees

It was Anfield btw..I remember watching and thinking the same thing too.Needn't have worried,a bit later I was watching him £#%&! Chelsea out of the champs league and laughing my arse off as Chelsea fans pondered why they'd bought a flop for so much money.

This guy was a legend in training too..if I had a quid for everytime the bloke scored the greatest goal in training ..I'd have half his 28 million pound fee.

It's a shame people only remember his good moments and forget the multitude of misplaced passes and Seba's agonised 'I didn't mean to do something so shit' faces and the spontaneous groans of suicidal depression he regularly elicited from 60k supporters at OT.
At last someone with a brain. Veron was utter £#%&! and I was so glad to see the back of him. Chelsea's 14 million buy was even more stupid than our 28 million since he'd already proved he was shit and couldn't play in the Prem.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:09 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
It's a shame people only remember his good moments and forget the multitude of misplaced passes and Seba's agonised 'I didn't mean to do something so shit' faces and the spontaneous groans of suicidal depression he regularly elicited from 60k supporters at OT.
it's a shame people multiply the odd mistake.

£#%&!ing hell, some people just can't appreciate class.

and tree fiddy's on a yellow.

Unread 05-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Lazarus

I don't deny he had all the ingredients,I just don't think the Premiership was the right place for him to 'bake his cake'.

Come on jem,two years now,we can't suddenly start agreeing on stuff

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:01 AM
TreeFiddy

Mourinho has done a similar thing at Chelsea. Bought Ballack even though he doesn't fit into the team.

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:34 AM
Grimson

The blame for that one appears to go to Roman.

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:37 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
The blame for that one appears to go to Roman.
I thought that was Shevchenko. He was the one bought by the sneaky £#%&!ing Russian.

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:41 AM
Grimson

You're right. What was I thinking?

The mind is gone by 40, Tree.

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:48 AM
Man20UTD

Grimson ....off topic ....FSC right now United vs Chelsea 1998

Unread 05-02-2007, 05:49 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man20UTD
Grimson ....off topic ....FSC right now United vs Chelsea 1998
Yep, watching it. Just started a thread.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:03 PM
n48

the Veron debate rears it's head yet again....

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM
jem

Default there's no debate

veron was a world class player who made one mistake against boro (of the sort that scholes makes every week) and was otherwise generally superb for us, but was hampered by our @#%&!wit manager playing him on the wing and generally £#%&!ing around with team and tactics (as £#%&!ing usual). he was not lazy, he was a £#%&!ing dynamo and had the physical presence to put in hard tackles too. god £#%&!ing love him for his moments of genius - if you don't love veron, you don't love football.

anyone who says otherwise is a £#%&!ing idiot.

and is likely to get banned.

so there.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Papadoc

Looks like i'm going to get banned then

Why did he feel he had to pass the ball with the outside of his boot even for a 10 yards pass? Putting that stupid curl on it so the player receiving it had to take a touch just to get the ball where it should have been in the first place.
Without doubt the most overrated player ever to pull on a United shirt

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:31 PM
borsuk

Default veron was a wonderful talent

who was, unfortunately, already on the slide - as his later career showed.

he was also lacking in discipline and, for all the sublime moments, he was a liability who needed the team to be built around him. the problem wasn't the five-man m/f - the five man m/f was necessary to fit him (and his complete lack of positional discipline) into the team.

some players, however fantastic their talent, just don't fit into a team/a league. for united, with our style and traditions, carrick is the right kind of player; veron was not. loved watching him, but he belonged elsewhere.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
jem

Default so that's

two £#%&!ing idiots who don't love football and want to be banned.

Unread 05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
borsuk

Default harsh, jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
two £#%&!ing idiots who don't love football and want to be banned.
don't do it. you'll learn.

Unread 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM
jem

Default seba

did not need the team built round him, he just needed not to be abused.

carrick would look shit on the wing. and he doesn't even take free kicks. :0)

Unread 05-02-2007, 01:11 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
did not need the team built round him, he just needed not to be abused.

carrick would look shit on the wing. and he doesn't even take free kicks. :0)
yet. but he should, and he will.

veron played in the middle as well, but didn't have the discipline that carrick and scholes have. they know how to position themselves when we don't have the ball; veron didn't, for all his chasing players and the like. he really tried hard, he was just the wrong player for us. fergie should have known that.

and he was on the slide. he never reached the level he did at lazio (the first time), more's the pity.

i did love watching him, though.

Unread 05-02-2007, 01:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fergie should have known.

i did love watching him, though.
I shall pretend I didn't see the rest.

Unread 05-02-2007, 02:45 PM
borsuk

veron gave me one of those moments which sears itself into the memory. the behind the leg trick goal from the edge of the area. magical.

Unread 05-02-2007, 04:49 PM
TreeFiddy

I can't put in to words how angry Veron made me on a weekly and even bi-weekly basis. An absolute steaming pile of turd. He was Darren Fletcher with an Argentinian passport. OK maybe that's too far but it helps drive the point home.
Closed Thread