United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Grimson

Thumbs up Seba Veron just now - class

Estudiantes-Independiente just now going to pens. Seba interviewed on the pitch before the pens, said, "I'm going to put it low to his right. But don't tell him."

Reporter said "Well they probably just heard you, they have the match in the dugout."

Seba: "I don't care, he won't save it."

Independiente won it before Seba could take his shot.

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:11 AM
khmk

If only he had that attitued at United

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:14 AM
Grimson

So true.

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:21 AM
khmk

Remember when he signed i thought we would win everything in sight.
I dont think ive ever been so disappointed in someone since my Dad told me i was adopted.

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Serenity Now

Who scored for the rat stabbers? I only got to see a little bit of the match.

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Grimson

Haha, I love that nickname.

Alayes scored for the pincharratas. Ustari is going to be a brilliant keeper, if he isn't already.

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Haha, I love that nickname.

Alayes scored for the pincharratas. Ustari is going to be a brilliant keeper, if he isn't already.
Yeah, he looks top class. There's actually been a lot of talk about him going to Barca in the summer, even some rumours that he's already signed.

Shame he didn't come on instead of Leo Franco against Germany!

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Grimson

Both of the pens he saved were pretty well-taken. He just made brilliant saves. Only 20. Surely he'll be Argentina's no. 1 for years. I did read about him supposedly signing a pre-contract with Barca, to start in July 2007. Independiente deny it of course.

Unread 04-02-2007, 05:25 AM
TreeFiddy

Veron = @#%&!

Unread 04-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Veron = @#%&!

Hardly a @#%&!, if there is a @#%&! involved in the whole Veron saga then for me it is Fergie, why pay nearly £30 million for a player you had no use for?

Unread 04-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Paul Mcgrath

I always liked Veron. He did score a few class goals in his time with us.

Unread 04-02-2007, 10:33 AM
puressence

still love seba .. some of the stuff he did no £#%&!er could get near him .. that skill against ipswich awesome .. and that top goal in the champs league ..hi sllast pass in the usa to ruud b4 selling him to chelsea .. top drawer pity the mananger couldnt get the best out of him

Unread 04-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

He'd be fantastic in the team now - in a 4-5-1.

But apparently we don't underst...... sorry I mean we don't like 4-5-1.

Unread 04-02-2007, 02:09 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
still love seba .. some of the stuff he did no £#%&!er could get near him .. that skill against ipswich awesome .. and that top goal in the champs league ..hi sllast pass in the usa to ruud b4 selling him to chelsea .. top drawer pity the mananger couldnt get the best out of him
[YOUTUBE]1U1mMz-Wrv8[/YOUTUBE]

I thought we were going to use the £#%&!er properly when Beckham was sold, and then we shipped him off too..some amazing skills.

Unread 04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Coracao

my favourite Veron moment was probably in this game;

[YOUTUBE]Q5huyT2qizI[/YOUTUBE]

more of the same today please

Unread 04-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Lazarus

I suppose Lord Fergie,the %@#$&! manager,made him £#%&!ing shite at Chelsea too

Unread 04-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I suppose Lord Fergie,the %@#$&! manager,made him £#%&!ing shite at Chelsea too
Hardly fair he only played 7 games for Chelsea due to a back injury, also i remember watching his debut for Chelsea and he played very well (and scored).

I remember it because i was well pissed off thinking that knowing our luck he would be quality for them

Unread 04-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Hardly fair he only played 7 games for Chelsea due to a back injury, also i remember watching his debut for Chelsea and he played very well (and scored).

I remember it because i was well pissed off thinking that knowing our luck he would be quality for them
£#%&!ing hell..Seba played well and scored once ? you'd hope so for 28 million and 14 million quid transfer fees

It was Anfield btw..I remember watching and thinking the same thing too.Needn't have worried,a bit later I was watching him £#%&! Chelsea out of the champs league and laughing my arse off as Chelsea fans pondered why they'd bought a flop for so much money.

This guy was a legend in training too..if I had a quid for everytime the bloke scored the greatest goal in training ..I'd have half his 28 million pound fee.

It's a shame people only remember his good moments and forget the multitude of misplaced passes and Seba's agonised 'I didn't mean to do something so shit' faces and the spontaneous groans of suicidal depression he regularly elicited from 60k supporters at OT.

Unread 04-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
Remember when he signed i thought we would win everything in sight.I dont think ive ever been so disappointed in someone since my Dad told me i was adopted.

So did I.

Bet Chelsea did aswell when they bought Ballack and Schevchenko.

Unread 04-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
£#%&!ing hell..Seba played well and scored once ? you'd hope so for 28 million and 14 million quid transfer fees

It was Anfield btw..I remember watching and thinking the same thing too.Needn't have worried,a bit later I was watching him £#%&! Chelsea out of the champs league and laughing my arse off as Chelsea fans pondered why they'd bought a flop for so much money.

This guy was a legend in training too..if I had a quid for everytime the bloke scored the greatest goal in training ..I'd have half his 28 million pound fee.

It's a shame people only remember his good moments and forget the multitude of misplaced passes and Seba's agonised 'I didn't mean to do something so shit' faces and the spontaneous groans of suicidal depression he regularly elicited from 60k supporters at OT.

Good post.

Veron was possibly the most talented and technically gifted player I've ever seen but he was never going to make it in England. The amount of times the game passed him by it was untrue.

Talent without application is nothing.
Closed Thread