United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Sparky***

Default in spite of how great we've been this season, and the form of Ronaldo...

...i keep getting this horrible feeling that implosion is only around the corner. I don't know why, probably the last 4 years of false dawns and abject incompetence have made me a right pessimist.

a bit like newcastle in 1996. they were a far better team to watch than us - but we came from behind grinding out 1-0s every week.

I dunno, i guess its because this united team have yet to show me they are capable of performing when the pressure is on.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:11 PM
neworder

I too am shitting my pants

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:12 PM
MUFC One Love

We're back and buzzing for the title back, the only person who can stop us winning it is Fergie and his £#%&!ing tactics.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
I dunno, i guess its because this united team have yet to show me they are capable of performing when the pressure is on.
After the arsenal game, I'm more convinced then ever, that we'll £#%&! it up.

After starting with that 4-5-1 (rooney on the left shite) against Benfica and almost £#%&!ing up, I thought that finally, Fergie had realised that it doesn't work. But to use it yet again at Arsenal, was just ridiculous. We have a better team and play better football then those @#%&!s and should have beat them.

Just like west ham and newcastle away, everytime we've had a opportunity to really move away from the rent boys, we've not taken it. I expect, at best, a draw at WHL tomorrow

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We're back and buzzing for the title back, the only person who can stop us winning it is Fergie and his £#%&!ing tactics.
Or, like against Arsenal, our defenders decide not to bother marking a world-class player in the last minute of a game.

That hardly helps.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Our away games are so tough, I can see a few draws on the cards...

I think Chelsea will ultimately pip us by the odd point.
We've let them off the hook with those dropped points from winning positions against Newcastle & Arsenal...given them a lifeline they don't deserve.
I'm not being a pessimist or a 'doomlord'...I just think we're capable of naievity in big games...we haven't got that mental toughness to see out certain scenarios.

I'm not criticising the players, I've enjoyed every bit of this season..we DESERVE a trophy, but I still feel Ferguson is too cautious in certain away games - particuarly in Europe.
The 4-5-1 with Rooney on the left is a disastrous formation that has brought us nothing but shit results (Arsenal & Celtic away spring to mind from this season)

I didn't expect Chelsea to drop points today, but the way they won the game suggests they're back to that 'machine' like way of grinding out results.
If we win tomorrow however I think it'll give us a huge lift.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
After the arsenal game, I'm more convinced then ever, that we'll £#%&! it up.

After starting with that 4-5-1 (rooney on the left shite) against Benfica and almost £#%&!ing up, I thought that finally, Fergie had realised that it doesn't work. But to use it yet again at Arsenal, was just ridiculous. We have a better team and play better football then those @#%&!s and should have beat them.

Just like west ham and newcastle away, everytime we've had a opportunity to really move away from the rent boys, we've not taken it. I expect, at best, a draw at WHL tomorrow
That's exactly what i've been thinking. Our own worst enemy, is ourselves. I have said that Fergie has the gun #@&%!ed, pointed at his foot and is ready to blow his foot off.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe i'm being over-dramatic. But theres this nagging voice at the back of my head. It was there during the last month or so when chelsea were playing so £#%&!ing awful - telling me that we should be making the most of it because they wont be defending like keystone cops every week.

maybe the arsenal game has started to sew the seeds of doubt in my mind. The awful tactics, the way our heads dropped when they equalised, the £#%&!ing sheer predictable inevitablity of it.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Mancboy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Our away games are so tough, I can see a few draws on the cards...

I think Chelsea will ultimately pip us by the odd point.
We've let them off the hook with those dropped points from winning positions against Newcastle & Arsenal...given them a lifeline they don't deserve.
I'm not being a pessimist or a 'doomlord'...I just think we're capable of naievity in big games...we haven't got that mental toughness to see out certain scenarios.

I'm not criticising the players, I've enjoyed every bit of this season..we DESERVE a trophy, but I still feel Ferguson is too cautious in certain away games - particuarly in Europe.
The 4-5-1 with Rooney on the left is a disastrous formation that has brought us nothing but shit results (Arsenal & Celtic away spring to mind from this season)

I didn't expect Chelsea to drop points today, but the way they won the game suggests they're back to that 'machine' like way of grinding out results.
If we win tomorrow however I think it'll give us a huge lift.
%@#$&!s!

Chelsea got off the hook against arguably the worst side in the prem, against a half decent team they would have drew, or even got beat.

If United win tommorow the titles over as far as i'm concerned, the team is learning as the season goes on, and they will be even more formidable next season, the 1st is always the hardest.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Fatboy Shrek

We'll win tomorrow.

Spurs aren't that good. Their keeper's a shambles and they are without their best two players.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
croberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
We'll win tomorrow.

Spurs aren't that good. Their keeper's a shambles and they are without their best two players.
agreed

mate of mine is a ST holder at white hart lane and the feeling in their support is that they are in shambles right now, and have virtually no chance against us.

2-0

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Or, like against Arsenal, our defenders decide not to bother marking a world-class player in the last minute of a game.

That hardly helps.
Sitting back playing one of our best players out of position had nothing to do with the constant pressure at the end....

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Tiberian

1 point from our last 3 away games is a problem. We were negative in all those games at some point, but the fact that Chelsea won today surely means we have to win as well. Which means attacking football, which suits the team,a nd please no sitting on leads inviting pressure.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
wonky no

What's with all the pessimism? We played that way against the Arse because they are the only side in the league who play more football through midfield than us. We were away from home ffs!

We had the game won, hardly failing tactics. You might question the substitutions but you can't fail to mark Henry and expect a result!

We have a team at the moment that is playing football as if they are well drilled and on the same wave length, we are organised all the way through the side and you can pick out players on fire in every department.

We're the dogs %@#$&!s at the moment and I can't see it changing anytime soon.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:39 PM
S/Side.Red

There's no point looking too far ahead, though. There will be plenty of twists and turns yet and it's impossible to say what is going to happen or what we'll do in matches two or three months away.

I reckon tomorrow is a huge game, now.

Every time United win a game like tomorrow it will have an effect on Chelsea, because no matter what they say they'll be investing some serious hope into us dropping point at WHL. Before long the games will start to run out and it's demoralising to chase a team that keep winning and come through games you hope they may slip up.

On the other hand if we don't win tomorrow, Chelsea know that they have 10-odd games before we play them to cut the gap just one more time to put everything back in their own hands.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:40 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
That's exactly what i've been thinking. Our own worst enemy, is ourselves. I have said that Fergie has the gun #@&%!ed, pointed at his foot and is ready to blow his foot off.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe i'm being over-dramatic. But theres this nagging voice at the back of my head. It was there during the last month or so when chelsea were playing so £#%&!ing awful - telling me that we should be making the most of it because they wont be defending like keystone cops every week.

maybe the arsenal game has started to sew the seeds of doubt in my mind. The awful tactics, the way our heads dropped when they equalised, the £#%&!ing sheer predictable inevitablity of it.
Agreed. MJ too, spot on analysis.

After the dippers beat chelsea, I feel fergie went to north london intent on getting a draw. Then trying to sit on a one nill lead. Newcastle too, Scholes gets us back to 2-1, and then we try and see out the game. After 20 years at United, you'd think he'd have learned!

Once our European campaign starts again, no doubt Rooney will again be stuck out on the left

Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
What's with all the pessimism? We played that way against the Arse because they are the only side in the league who play more football through midfield than us. We were away from home ffs!

We had the game won, hardly failing tactics. You might question the substitutions but you can't fail to mark Henry and expect a result!

We have a team at the moment that is playing football as if they are well drilled and on the same wave length, we are organised all the way through the side and you can pick out players on fire in every department.

We're the dogs %@#$&!s at the moment and I can't see it changing anytime soon.
We also played the same way at Newcastle, got into a lead and retreated, and that against a poor team we could have destroyed had we went at them. It was negative thinking, i know we lost Saha to injury but still we are at our best when going at teams.

At West Ham we dominated but after an hour it seemed we settled for a draw, and again invited them forward.

Spurs is a big game, we have to show we can deal with the pressure of these tough away games.

croberts

and by the way,

spurs have won only 2 of their last 9 games. Those 2 wins????

Cardiff and Southend

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sitting back playing one of our best players out of position had nothing to do with the constant pressure at the end....
No. They hadn't put us under any pressure during pretty much the entire game until the end, so apprently not.

Wenger said as much, which is unlike him. He said that the system United used had stopped them from playing.

We lost that game because we didn't perform a simple task of marking Henry in injury time. It really is as simple as that sometimes.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:43 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts
and by the way,

spurs have won only 2 of their last 9 games. Those 2 wins????

Cardiff and Southend
What was west hams record like before we played them?

Spurs will be up for this, especially after loosing to arsenal.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No. They hadn't put us under any pressure during pretty much the entire game until the end, so apprently not.

Wenger said as much, which is unlike him. He said that the system United used had stopped them from playing.

We lost that game because we didn't perform a simple task of marking Henry in injury time. It really is as simple as that sometimes.

yup
Closed Thread