United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
borsuk

Default jol on carrick

Quote:
"His biggest quality was to move play from defence to attack and win the ball. Because of him, other players played better.
know nothing @#%&!, obviously.

Unread 03-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Luffy

yeah...so why the £#%&! do we want hargreaves?

we'll be as good as spurs then, Carrick and Hargreaves isnt much better than carrick + davids.

Unread 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Lazarus

This isn't like you Luffy..such negativity.

Most of us who were less than convinced by the Carrick signing have been pleasantly suprised with his contribution. His reading of the game and ability to close space and intercept has been a revelation. It's also had an obvious imapct on the other players - and,thankfully,led to FletchShea spending more time on their buttocks.

Hargreaves gives us a new option,an engine that will cover every blade of grass for the full 90 closing down the enemy. Him coming on at Emirates for example could have resulted in the 1-0 win we almost seized. He will allow Carrick to develop his attacking side and allow Scholes the increasing amount of rest his body will demand over the coming seasons.

He's also young,English (yea,you know what I mean ) and a consummate professional. It's always nice to avoid getting a blingsta with a huge ego.

I am fully trusting of the new path we're taking in the transfer market.

Unread 03-02-2007, 03:25 PM
tatty

Every side needs a Hargreaves type who will harrass and press the opposition rather than the pedestrian pace we sometimes fall into.

Don't get me wrong, Hargreaves is a Savage with bells on but i think he'll make a massive impact if he comes in the summer for £4m (which is his true transfer value rather than the £23m we'll probably pay).

Unread 03-02-2007, 05:26 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Every side needs a Hargreaves type who will harrass and press the opposition rather than the pedestrian pace we sometimes fall into.

Don't get me wrong, Hargreaves is a Savage with bells on but i think he'll make a massive impact if he comes in the summer for £4m (which is his true transfer value rather than the £23m we'll probably pay).
a player's transfer value is what his current team will accept for him, in my very simple and probably unrealistic understanding. if they will accept 4 mil, then his value is 4 mil. if they won't take less than 20 mil then that is his value. you can decide whether you can afford it or not, or whether you'd rather spend on something else. that's all there is to it as far as i can see.

i must be missing something. just for simpletons like myself, could you explain how you identify 'true transfer value' without reference to this?

Unread 03-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
a player's transfer value is what his current team will accept for him, in my very simple and probably unrealistic understanding. if they will accept 4 mil, then his value is 4 mil. if they won't take less than 20 mil then that is his value. you can decide whether you can afford it or not, or whether you'd rather spend on something else. that's all there is to it as far as i can see.

i must be missing something. just for simpletons like myself, could you explain how you identify 'true transfer value' without reference to this?
or what you're prepared to pay, maybe?

Unread 03-02-2007, 05:47 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
or what you're prepared to pay, maybe?
exactly - rather than some price tag which everyone but me can see :o0

Unread 03-02-2007, 05:54 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
If I was Mourinho i'd identify his 'true transfer value' at £1m as I wouldn't need him.

If I was SAF i'd identify his 'true transfer value' at £23m as i'd be desperate for him.

It's subjective as you well know.

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:02 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If I was Mourinho i'd identify his 'true transfer value' at £1m as I wouldn't need him.

If I was SAF i'd identify his 'true transfer value' at £23m as i'd be desperate for him.

It's subjective as you well know.

Unread 03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
yeah...so why the £#%&! do we want hargreaves?

we'll be as good as spurs then, Carrick and Hargreaves isnt much better than carrick + davids.

Davids is horrendous. He wouldn't get in Charlton's team.

Unread 03-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus

He's also young,English (yea,you know what I mean ) and a consummate professional. It's always nice to avoid getting a blingsta with a huge ego.
Hrmm, not sure I agree with that. His behaviour at Bayern since it's become obvious we're interested is hardly that of a consumate professional, is it? How many 'come and get me" pleas is he up to now? If say Rio for example had said and done similar things while at United, he'd probably have been lynched by now. But because Hargreaves is a well-spoken lad who looks like he wouldn't say boo to a goose, nobody seems to comment on it.

Unread 03-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Hrmm, not sure I agree with that. His behaviour at Bayern since it's become obvious we're interested is hardly that of a consumate professional, is it? How many 'come and get me" pleas is he up to now? If say Rio for example had said and done similar things while at United, he'd probably have been lynched by now. But because Hargreaves is a well-spoken lad who looks like he wouldn't say boo to a goose, nobody seems to comment on it.

Keane did the same.

Unread 03-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

i think caution is required on the hargreaves deal, Bayern want silly money and are still being coy about whether they will even sell him at all.

Bayern are going to monitor hargreaves abilities very closely, they know that if they keep him until the euro 2008 comp and he has a good tournie, which is very likely to happen, the lads price might go up even more (28-30m anyone?) if they feel he is progressing that way as a player they might prefer to keep him.

Will be an interesting summer thats for sure.

One creeping doubt in my mind is that i wonder why we are the only ones in for him? i mean if he is that good why are other big clubs not really interested?

Thats been bugging me for a while now...

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Ether

Well, not exactly the same, quite different circumstances. He also wasn't out injured with a broken leg, getting his wages paid by the fans for sitting in his arse, all the while saying how much he wanted to move somewhere else.

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
i think caution is required on the hargreaves deal, Bayern want silly money and are still being coy about whether they will even sell him at all.

Bayern are going to monitor hargreaves abilities very closely, they know that if they keep him until the euro 2008 comp and he has a good tournie, which is very likely to happen, the lads price might go up even more (28-30m anyone?) if they feel he is progressing that way as a player they might prefer to keep him.

One creeping doubt in my mind is that i wonder why we are the only ones in for him? i mean if he is that good why are other big clubs not really interested?

Maybe because he was adamant he wanted to join United?

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy

Nobody else was in for Carrick either were they? That worked out ok.

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Nobody else was in for Carrick either were they? That worked out ok.
good point.

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:07 PM
chorleyred

keane, hargreaves, beckham, gerrard, lampard, terry, henry etc etc

money and prestige plays a big part in footballers choices. loyal footballers are a rare and dying breed

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Golden
It could all depend on the after effects of his injury.

If they see he's lost something then they will flog him to us for about £25 million.

Other big clubs aren't in for him because he's horribly overpriced, value of over double his worth placed on his head.

Final figure won't be as high as £25 million. That is what they wanted in the January window but United wouldn't budge over £18m.

Unread 03-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Final figure won't be as high as £25 million. That is what they wanted in the January window but United wouldn't budge over £18m.
If united dont budge past that figure then they wont be getting hargreaves me thinks.
Closed Thread