United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Larsson is a class above Saha.

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Larsson is a class above Saha.
as a finisher, maybe - he's more reliable and he has more finesse in the build-up. as a target man, a physical presence and a bully, he's nowhere near saha (I don't mean to suggest that's all there is to saha's game, incidentally). and he's getting on a bit.

it makes sense to let saha run the spurs defence around a bit and then bring larsson on when he take best advantage. equally, if we are going to dominate possession and carve out chances, I'd rather larsson was there to take them from the start. either approach could work.

I don't suppose anyone will be too upset which of the two starts.

Unread 02-02-2007, 05:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Good evaluation, Jem.

I'm more in favour of the first approach, myself.

Unread 02-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
as a finisher, maybe - he's more reliable and he has more finesse in the build-up. as a target man, a physical presence and a bully, he's nowhere near saha (I don't mean to suggest that's all there is to saha's game, incidentally). and he's getting on a bit.

it makes sense to let saha run the spurs defence around a bit and then bring larsson on when he take best advantage. equally, if we are going to dominate possession and carve out chances, I'd rather larsson was there to take them from the start. either approach could work.

I don't suppose anyone will be too upset which of the two starts.

I rate Saha but you said it yourself, if it's a tight game and we only get a couple of chances, Larsson is much more likely to score.

People seem to keep mentioning his age but his fitness is hardly inferior to any of our players.

As I have said previously, his movement is unbelievable and his link up play with Rooney is excellent.

Unread 04-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

looks like nevs hounding of the ref paid off... never a PK that one. fully expect for us to get the three points now...

Unread 04-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Clattenburg is a horrible ref. Larsson booked but Scholesy not

Unread 04-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 04-02-2007, 06:03 PM
mark o

Superb performance all round.

Vidic again a rock at the back and causing problems from set pieces.

Carrick gets better by the game and he was superb today, close to MOM.

Ronaldo was unplayable, again, even if he did dive for the penalty.

Even up to this weekends games I had a feeling we were going to blow this season, today I am feeling a little more confident.

Mourinho are you listening...............

Unread 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Tiberian

Good result, really did not think we played that well, a bit sloppy in terms of our passing at times, but got the goals at the right times.

As for the Saha argument he would start for me, for the giggs goal you see how he can turn and move with the ball at pace, and i always think we look a more fluid attacking side with him in it.

Unread 04-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Ether

If Saha is fully fit he should start. I think they just wanted to make sure he was 100% first, and that half hour should have done him the world of good. Does Rooney miss the next game now? Will probably be Saha and Larsson up front then, did alright together today so will be nteresting to see how they get on.

Unread 04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
If Saha is fully fit he should start. I think they just wanted to make sure he was 100% first, and that half hour should have done him the world of good. Does Rooney miss the next game now? Will probably be Saha and Larsson up front then, did alright together today so will be nteresting to see how they get on.

Misses Reading cup game.

Larsson is a genius.
Closed Thread