United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2007, 01:50 PM
KezerSosoRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
There's no point looking too far ahead, though. There will be plenty of twists and turns yet and it's impossible to say what is going to happen or what we'll do in matches two or three months away.

I reckon tomorrow is a huge game, now.

Every time United win a game like tomorrow it will have an effect on Chelsea, because no matter what they say they'll be investing some serious hope into us dropping point at WHL. Before long the games will start to run out and it's demoralising to chase a team that keep winning and come through games you hope they may slip up.

On the other hand if we don't win tomorrow, Chelsea know that they have 10-odd games before we play them to cut the gap just one more time to put everything back in their own hands.
Exactly.

They also will drop points....but £#%&!in hell im shitting every game....ive got the faith, but I know it seems like a never ending road of fixtures....

Unread 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
Its not hard, Giggs plays better on the left and Rooney plays better behind the main striker or in a free role dictating play.Fergie has to see it by now. Im baffled why he plays them the opposite way around.Rooney obviously looks frustrated stuck out on the left when the best left winger of this generation is playing up front, when his best attributes are beating his man and crossing for someone like Rooney. Why should we be worried about the way the opposition play when we are in great form being the top scorers in the P.L. and the best defensive record, its just showing that we're more worried about the opposition than playing our own game.Which is not showing eneough confidence in our own team.With Larsson up front our movement is frightening we should play to our strenghts instead of trying to nick a goal and trying to hang on to it e.g. Benfica and arsenal

At last, a lad with a bit of sense.

Unread 04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
%@#$&!s. We've consistently played the best football in the League this year. chelsea are £#%&!ing dire to watch. Arsenal put in one great performance a month against shite like reading and liverpool and the press declare them the greatest thing in the Universe!

If we win the title, it'll be because we're the best team in the Land. If we don't, we'd still have had a season of great football.

Comparing us to blackburn in 95, get a £#%&!ing grip
By our own high standards, this is not a great Utd side.

You might say we're the best team going but the teams we had in previous years were indisputably the best team about.

We only occasionally hit the heights, same as Arsenal. Otherwise we're just tipping away at times.

This Utd team is still a work in progress propped up by some fantastic Indian summers from the likes of Scholes and Giggs.

Unread 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
By our own high standards, this is not a great Utd side.
Our points total says otherwise. Or were they all scrappy wins?

Some of the football we've played this season has been the best since 99. We've got some very though away games ahead, and if we go there and get results this team could well go down as one of the greats. And with the right additions, it could well get even better.

Unread 04-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
At last, a lad with a bit of sense.
And the formation today was?

Unread 04-02-2007, 07:16 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Our points total says otherwise. Or were they all scrappy wins?

Some of the football we've played this season has been the best since 99. We've got some very though away games ahead, and if we go there and get results this team could well go down as one of the greats. And with the right additions, it could well get even better.
Man, no need for us to get in an argument over this. I'll bet there's not much between us in how we rate this Utd side.

In saying all that, the Watford win mid-week and this today was of the quality we became accustomed to up to 2001. Looking at some of the away fixtures left, if we win this, we'll have to keep producing that quality.

The fact that Ronaldo is starting to look like the aggressive, more direct player he is for Portugal and Rooney is coming into a bit of form is great.

I hope we can hold on to Larsson but Saha looked sharp tonight when he came on which is important too.

Unread 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Man, no need for us to get in an argument over this. I'll bet there's not much between us in how we rate this Utd side.

In saying all that, the Watford win mid-week and this today was of the quality we became accustomed to up to 2001. Looking at some of the away fixtures left, if we win this, we'll have to keep producing that quality.

The fact that Ronaldo is starting to look like the aggressive, more direct player he is for Portugal and Rooney is coming into a bit of form is great.

I hope we can hold on to Larsson but Saha looked sharp tonight when he came on which is important too.
The second half today wasn't really a patch on the second half when we got 5.

The second half of the 2000/01 season was mostly crap.

The second half of the 2002/03 season was mostly superb.

The second half of last season was the foundation for what we are seeing now.

Blackburn 94/95 were dull to say the least and to compare us to them is £#%&!in laughable.

Unread 04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
celtbion

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
The second half today wasn't really a patch on the second half when we got 5.

The second half of the 2000/01 season was mostly crap.

The second half of the 2002/03 season was mostly superb.

The second half of last season was the foundation for what we are seeing now.

Blackburn 94/95 were dull to say the least and to compare us to them is £#%&!in laughable.
I'll have to give up on this one. Good to see some giddiness on here anyway. Hopefully there'll be no argument about just how good we are by May.

Unread 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I'll have to give up on this one. Good to see some giddiness on here anyway. Hopefully there'll be no argument about just how good we are by May.
Haha good decision! My post was spot on Celtbion, with only the last bit up for any debate.

Not saying we're world beaters yet cus doubt we are.

I mean, who do we put in centre mid in Athens if Scholes and Carrick are suspended

Unread 04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
celtbion

Quote:
I mean, who do we put in centre mid in Athens if Scholes and Carrick are suspended
I haven't even thought about a CL run yet.

Ah, now that is getting a little too giddy man!

Unread 04-02-2007, 08:33 PM
S/Side.Red

£#%&!ing Fergie, pissing around by putting Rooney out wide for the second half and completely £#%&!ing up the game for us.

@#%&!.

Unread 04-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
£#%&!ing Fergie, pissing around by putting Rooney out wide for the second half and completely £#%&!ing up the game for us.

@#%&!.
Yeah and that Giggs floating around all over the show ffs!

Unread 04-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Yeah and that Giggs floating around all over the show ffs!
We need a Peter Reid or Martin O'Neill to make sure they don't do all this wandering around shit and overlapping..and stay rooted to their sector of the pitch.
Closed Thread