United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That useless tit Lingard rested yet Carrick starts?

Also should have let Zlatan and Pogba stay at home, or sent them to the Caribbean for a week.

Looking forward to seeing Rashford and Martial lead the attack.
did a lot of running last week tbf

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Zorg

7-1 United

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Billy Redface

Ashley Young's 150th appearance for the club.

File with Anderson in '£#%&!ing hell, he's been here longer than Cantona' folder.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:50 PM
rogieop

Cant remember young ever really letting us down tbh??

Perfect squad player imo... played bth full back positions, both wings and up front and model pro. Dont see the issue.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

Perfect squad player imo... played bth full back positions, both wings and up front and model pro. Dont see the issue.
This. Biggest scapegoat since Lingard.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Harsh on Fellaini..

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Depends what you mean by 'letting us down'.

I feel let down that he's never been good enough to perform to the required standard to play for this club as a winger.

Not his fault, mind you.

Works hard, but not good enough and wasn't from day one. Should never have got near 150 appearances.

Oh, and congratulations, Ashley.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:53 PM
redhegemony

don't understand not giving T F-M a start instead f Young or Fellani

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Buck

Quote:

Basically until Van Gaal got hold of him and got him to be a utility player.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Lok

As a squad player I don't hate Young. It was just shit when he was regularly in the first XI.

Surprised he's still here, it's rare he's involved at all and as a 'model pro' you'd think he'd take a step down so that he can actually play. I guess his wages mean teams wont touch him.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

He's a weird kind of shit c*** imo. I used to hate him more than I do now. He probably has Fellaini to thank for that.

Being moved to full back has helped. Watching him stand up a full back, thinking he was skillful, when we all know he's going to cut inside and Curl towards the far post, was painful.

Been solid when called upon for the last couple of years. Thankfully it hasn't been often.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

I feel let down that he's never been good enough to perform to the required standard to play for this club as a winger.

Not his fault, mind you.

Works hard, but not good enough and wasn't from day one. Should never have got near 150 appearances.

He's a victim of modern fan syndrome. Honest, hard working and apreciatve of his position as an employee. If only he'd said "I'll make him eat balls.." in an interview.

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:56 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Not his fault, mind you.

I seem to remember Fergie using him regularly and always rated him as a winger as he had a great cross. Thats going back to 2010ish though i suppose..

Unread 07-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
He's a victim of modern fan syndrome. Honest, hard working and apreciatve of his position as an employee. If only he'd said "I'll make him eat balls.." in an interview.
Modern fans are a ballache when it comes to wanting good players tbf.

Quote:
I seem to remember Fergie using him regularly and always rated him as a winger as he had a great cross. Thats going back to 2010ish though i suppose..
Oh I remember. I never liked him at Villa. One note, uninspiring. Started ok, but quickly become the player I feared he was.

His attitude is good, but that's not enough and it's the sign of a shit player if that's the main thing you have to say about them.

Meh player. Hope he does well today and then leaves in the summer.

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
7-1 United
1-0

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Mr_Ed

3-1United

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:18 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
As a squad player I don't hate Young. It was just shit when he was regularly in the first XI.

Surprised he's still here, it's rare he's involved at all and as a 'model pro' you'd think he'd take a step down so that he can actually play. I guess his wages mean teams wont touch him.
Would you want to leave Man United?

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:21 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Would you want to leave Man United?
No, but then I'm a better player than Young.

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/817694777592414209

That's a hell of a lot of shit @#%&!s in one team.

Shocked that Carrick is being used.
he'll be more than used in that team. no timmeh, no comment.

Unread 07-01-2017, 01:24 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
No, but then I'm a better player than Young.
Dunno bout that. Young has game. Didn't he cancel his wedding when he signed for us?